Wallpaper not Displaying Correctly After Updating to iPadOS 13.2? Fixes Here!
“I can’t change wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2 anymore! I updated my iPad to the latest firmware, but there is no wallpaper option on iPadOS 13.2 now. How can I fix this and set new wallpaper?”
As surprising as it might sound, a lot of iPad users have had the same complaint after updating their devices recently. An unsupported iPad version, incomplete iPadOS 13.2 download, updating to a beta release, overwriting of default settings, etc. are some of the common triggers for this. While getting unwanted iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems is pretty common, the good news is that it can easily be fixed by tweaking some settings on your device. To help you do the same, we have come up with this guide on how to fix issues like wallpaper not displaying correctly on iPadOS 13.2 right here.
Part 1: Two Ways to Change iPad Wallpaper (Try the other one if one fails)
A lot of times, when we update the device to a new OS, it resets the default settings in it. As a result, the pre-set wallpaper on iPad is lost or overwritten. If the wallpaper is not displayed correctly on iPadOS 13.2, then you can just try to change it instead in the following ways:
Solution 1: Change the iPad wallpaper via Photos
This is one of the most common ways of changing an iPad’s wallpaper. You can just go to the Photos app on the device, select a picture, and set it as new wallpaper.
- Firstly, unlock your iPad and visit the “Photos” application. Browse and select the picture that you wish to set as wallpaper.
- Once the photo is selected, tap on the share icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- This will display a list of various options. Tap on the “Use as Wallpaper” option and confirm your choice.
Solution 2: Change the iPad Wallpaper via Settings
If the first solution is not able to fix these iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems, then don’t worry. You can also go to your device’s settings and change its wallpaper manually from here.
- Unlock your iPad and go to its Settings > Wallpaper to start with. Here, you will get an option to set Stills (fixed) or Dynamic (moving) wallpapers.
- You can tap on either of the options (Stills/Dynamic) and browse the list of the available wallpapers.
- Furthermore, scroll a bit to see the options to select the wallpaper from the Camera Roll or any other folder of the Photos app.
- You can tap on either of these photo albums to browse the picture of your choice. In the end, just select it and make it the new wallpaper of your iPad.
Part 2: Two Common iPad Wallpaper Problems for iPadOS 13.2
Now when you know how to set new wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2, you would be able to fix most of the iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems. Apart from that, if there is no wallpaper option on iPadOS 13.2 or you can’t change wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2 altogether, then consider these suggestions.
2.1 No wallpaper Option on iPadOS 13.2
There are times when after updating their devices, users don’t get any option to change the iPad wallpaper in its settings or otherwise. In this case, you can consider the following fixes.
- Do you have a restricted device?
Most of the iPads given to students by schools/universities or to working professionals in corporate are restricted. This means, users don’t get a lot of options to customize their iPad in this case. Before you take any drastic measure, make sure that you own a commercial iPad and not a restricted device assigned by an organization.
- Reset all settings
If there is no wallpaper option on iPadOS 13.2, then there might be some changes in the device settings. To fix this, you can reset all iPad settings to their default value. Unlock the device and go to its Settings > General > Reset. From here, tap on the “Reset all Settings” option and confirm your choice. This will make your iPad restart with default settings and you will get back the option to change its wallpaper.
2.2 Can't change Wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2
In this case, even after getting the wallpaper option on their device, users are still not able to change it. If you also can’t change wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2, then try these easy solutions instead.
- Choose default static wallpapers
When you go to your iPad’s Wallpaper settings, you will get an option to pick either stills or dynamic wallpapers. From here, choose the “Stills” option and pick the next wallpaper from the available default options. There are times when users get unwanted iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems while picking dynamic or third-party images.
- Pick a compatible HD picture
A lot of times, users discover that the wallpaper is not displaying correctly on iPadOS 13.2 as it is not of high quality. Also, if the picture has been corrupted or is not supported by the device, then you won’t be able to set it as its wallpaper. To avoid these issues, make sure that the picture is supported by your device and is of high quality.
- Restart your iPad
If you still can’t change wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2, then choose to restart it. To do this, just press and hold the Power (wake/sleep) button for a few seconds. This will display a power slider on the screen. Just swipe it and wait for your iPad to turn off. Afterward, press the Power button again to turn it on.
Part 3: Downgrade to a Previous iOS if Wallpaper Problems Persist
If you are still facing unwanted iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems, then you can consider downgrading it to a previous stable version. Upgrading to a beta or unstable OS version usually creates problems like this and should be avoided. Since downgrading an iPad can get tedious with iTunes, you can consider a better alternative, Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). The application is a part of the Dr.Fone toolkit and can fix all kinds of major/minor issues with any iOS device. Apart from iPhone models, it is also compatible with every leading iPad version too. Also, while downgrading your iPad, you won’t suffer from any loss or unavailability of data. All you need to do is follow these simple steps to downgrade your iPad:
- Connect your iPad to the computer and once it is detected, launch the Dr.Fone toolkit. Click on the “System Repair” option to fix iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems.
- When you go to the “iOS Repair” option, you get to choose between the Standard and Advanced mode. The standard mode can fix minor issues like this without causing any data loss on your iPad.
- On the next window, the application will automatically detect the iPad model and its stable firmware version. If you wish to downgrade your device, then you can manually select the previous stable version and proceed.
- Sit back and wait for a few minutes as the application would download the stable firmware and would verify your device for its compatibility.
- Once the download is completed, you will be notified. All you got to do is click on the “Fix Now” button to repair your iPad.
- Again, you have to wait for a while for the application to restore your iPad to its previous stable version. In the end, you will be notified so that you can remove the device safely.
I’m sure that this guide would have helped you fix issues like wallpaper not displaying correctly on iPadOS 13.2 or can’t change wallpaper on iPadOS 13.2. In case if you have updated your device to an unstable firmware, then consider using Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) to downgrade it to a previous stable version instead. Apart from that, the application can also fix all kinds of major issues with an iPad (or iPhone) as well. The next time you face iPadOS 13.2 wallpaper problems, you would know what to do. If you have got some other iPad tricks that you wish to share with other readers, then write them in the comments below.
You Might Also Like
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems