iPad Not Charging? Fix Now!
Is your iPad not getting charged? Are you worried about how to fix the issue of the iPad not charging? If yes, then check out the best solution to fix the iPad charging problem.
Nowadays, everyone is dependent on electronic devices so much. As a result, they feel it is challenging to complete their daily tasks without these gadgets, including the iPad. But sometimes iPad encounter common problems like iPad not Charging or iPad charging very slow. Also it is possible that your iPad does not charge beyond a certain percentage.
If you are facing these difficulties, then do not panic. You have landed on the right page. Here you will learn eight simple fixes for the charging issues like the iPad plugged in not charging on. Let's get started!
Is your ipad not charging? Find out how to fix it by watching the video below
Part 1: Why is My iPad Not Charging?
The common reasons that your iPad won't charge are as follows:
- Dirt, dust, or debris get filled in the charging port.
- Damaged charging port
- Damaged lightning cables
- Incompatible or damaged chargers
- Operating system glitches
- Software errors
- Insufficient charging power
- Internal hardware problems
- iPad not kept within acceptable operating temperature
- Damaged by liquid
- Actively use of iPad while charging
Part 2: How to Fix iPad Not Charging? 8 Fixes
Now that you have learned possible causes behind iPad plugged in not charging. Let us proceed to its solutions. The methods listed below can help you resolve the iPad not charging issue without technical expertise.
2.1 Clean iPad's Charging Port
The dirt, dust, or debris gets accumulated in your iPad charging port after some time. These can cause iPad charging problems. Also, if you keep your iPad in a bag full of materials like cookies, pins, or lint, the charging port gets clogged easily. These unwanted particles block charging ports and harm the sensitive wires that need proper alignment.
So, it would be best to clean the iPad's charging port if your iPad won't charge. First, turn the iPad upside down and check the charging port using a flashlight. Then, clean it using an anti-static brush. You can also use a toothbrush but never insert a pointed object or needle in the port.
2.2 Keep iPad within Acceptable Operating Temperature.
The standard operating temperature for iPad ranges between 32º to 95º F. The temperature too low or high may cause your iPad to stop functioning properly. If you use an iPad in too hot conditions, it will shorten the device's battery life. If the iPad's temperature exceeds the normal operating range, it will slow down or completely stop its charging.
Therefore, it would be best not to leave the iPad in direct sunlight exposure for an extended time period. Or avoid keeping it in cold conditions beyond its operating range. Nevertheless, the iPad's battery life will return to normal when you place it within the standard operating temperatures.
2.3 Check the Lightning Cable
One of the reasons behind the iPad charging issue is the lightning cable. When it does not work well with your iPad, it may cause a problem in charging. Sometimes, it gets frayed or twisted because of daily plugging and unplugging. As a result, your iPad fails to transmit the power. In such cases, charge the iPad with another cable.
2.4 Force Restart
If your iPad won't charge, one of the easiest ways to solve this issue is to try a force restart. Sometimes, bad bits gets stuck, so flush them out. Go through the methods below to force a restart.
If your iPad doesn't have a home button, then go through the steps listed here:
Step 1: Hold the top button of your iPad in.
Step 2: At the same time, hold the volume buttons and wait till the power off slider appears on the screen.
Step 3: Slide that slider on the screen to switch off the iPad.
Step 4: Wait for a few seconds.
Step 5: Again, hold the top button until the Apple logo appears on the iPad's screen.
Step 6: Once your iPad restarts, try to charge it again.
If your iPad has a home button, follow the steps listed below:
Step 1: Hold the iPad's top button until the power off slider appears on the screen.
Step 2: Slide it on the screen to power down the iPad.
Step 3: Wait for a few seconds.
Step 4: Again, hold the top button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Step 5: Once the iPad restarts, plug the charger and see a difference.
2.5 Socket Sorrows
The socket system is at fault if you do not plug the iPad's charger directly into the wall outlet. So, ensure a firm connection and iPad work properly when you plug it into the outlet. Inspect the charger and look for damage to the prongs, which affects the device connection.
2.6 Do Not Charge iPad via Computer
iPad consumes more current than smartphones or other smaller devices. The computer normally doesn't have USB ports with high power. They can not deliver enough energy to charge your iPad. So, it will show the message "Not Charging." It would be better to avoid charging the iPad through the computer.
2.7 Update the Operating System
Usually, we all tend to update software when anything goes wrong with our smartphones. You can apply the same rule to the iPad not charging issue. Update the operating system on your iPad and look if it fixes these frustrating charging problems. So, go through the steps mentioned below to update the iPad OS:
Step 1: Make sure your iPad has enough storage space to download the update. Otherwise, try freeing the iPad's storage by moving the files to the laptop or PC.
Step 2: Plug the iPad into a power source.
Step 3: Connect the iPad to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Step 4: Go to the "Settings". Then, click on the "General" tab.
Step 5: Tap the "Software Update" option.
Step 6: Click on the "Download and Install" button.
Step 7: Press the "Install" option.
Step 8: If required, enter the passcode.
Step 9: Also, you can select the "Install Tonight" option. In this case, plug the iPad into power before going to sleep. It will automatically update the iPad overnight.
2.8 System Recovery Tool: Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS)
If you want to quickly resolve the iPad not charging issue, use a reliable system recovery tool, Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). It is one of the most effective applications to diagnose and recover iOS system errors.
It has the following features:
- Fix various issues such as boot loop, white Apple logo, etc.
- Resolve all the problems without any data loss.
- Compatible with all iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch models.
- Simple and easy process that can fix issues with a few clicks.
- Causes no harm to your data and is safe to use.
Steps to Use Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) to Fix iPad Not Charging Issue
Step 1: Download Dr.Fone and install it on your system. Then, launch it. Opt for the "System Repair" option to begin the process.
Step 2: Once you enter the System Repair module, there are two optional modes to fix the iPad not charging issue. Click on the "Standard Mode."
Step 3: Choose the correct iOS version in the pop-up window to download its firmware. Then, tap on the "Start" button.
Step 4: Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) will download the firmware for the device. Ensure that the devices are connected to the computer throughout the process and maintain a stable connection.
Step 5: Once you download the firmware, tap on the "Fix Now" button. Then, the application will fix the iPad system issue.
Step 6: The iPad will restart after the process.
Step 7: Disconnect the iPad safely. Then, charge it.
Contact Apple Support
If all the above fixes don't work, there can be issues with the battery, physical connector, etc. In such cases, it would be best to contact Apple support. It always knows the real-time hardware and software-related problems in iOS Devices. So, it will resolve your issue quickly or sometimes even replace your device.
Hopefully, the above fixes will help you solve the iPad not charging issue due to software or minor hardware-related problems. The quickest way to use Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS). If none of the above fixes works, contact the nearest Apple service center.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPad Beta Install
- iPad DFU Mode
- 1. Backup iPad in DFU Mode
- 2. Put iPad in and get out of DFU mode
- 3. Restore iPad from DFU mode
- 4. Get iPad In and Out of DFU Mode
- iPad Recovery Mode
- 1. iPad Recovery Mode Not Working
- 2. Restore iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 3. Put iPad in Recovery Mode
- iPad Update/Downgrade
- 1. Downgrade iPadOS 16 Beta to 15
- 2. Fix iPad Stuck on Preparing Update
- 3. Fix iPad Stuck On Update Requested
- 4. Fix iPad stuck at Verifying Update
- 5. Fix iPad not updating
- iPad Common Problems
- 1. 5 Ways to Fix iPad Boot Loop
- 2. Fix Poor Wi-Fi Signal on iPad
- 3. Fix iPad crashes
- 4. Fix Wifi keeps dropping on iPad
- 5. Fix iPad Not Connecting to Hotspot
- 6. Fix iPad Overheating
- 7. Fix Common iPad Problems Easily
- 8. Fix iPad Keeps Restarting
- 9. Fix iPad Stuck in Headphone Mode
- 10. Fix iPad Won't Connect to Wi-Fi
- 11.Solutions for iPad Won't Rotate
- 12.Solutions for iPad Won't Turn Off
- 13.Fix My iPad Won't Turn On
- 14.Ways to Speed Up the Slow iPad
- 15.Fix iPad Won't Sync with iTunes
- 16.Fixe Ghost Typing and False Touch
- 17.Repair iPad Touch ID Not Working
- 18.Fix iPad Keeps Freezing
- 19.Fix Disabled iPad
- iPad App Problems
- 1. Fix iPad Sound Not Working
- 2. Fix Wallpaper not Displaying
- 3. 12 Fixes for Apps Not Downloading
- 4. Fix All iPad Email Problems
- 5. Fixe iPad No Sound in Games
- 6. Ways to Fix No Sound on iPad
- 7. Fix iPad Not Receiving Emails
- 8. Fixe Safari Crashing on iPads
- 9. Fix YouTube Not Working on iPad
- 10. Force Quit Frozen Apps On iPad
- 11.Fix 'Cannot Connect to App Store'
- iPad Button Problems
- 1. Fix iPad Home Button Not Working
- 2. Fix iPad Power Button Not Working
- 3. Fixes for iPad Volume Button Stuck
- iPad Charging Problems
- 1. Fix iOS 16 Battery Drain Issues
- 2. Fixe iPad Battery Draining Fast
- 3. Ways to Speed Up iPad Charging!
- 4. Fixes for iPad Not Charging
- 5. Fix IPad Not Charging
- iPad Keyboard Problems
- 1. Fixe iPad Keyboard Not Working
- 2. Fix Keyboard Trackpad Not Working
- 3. Smart Keyboard Folio VS Magic Keyboard
- iPad Screen Problems