[Solved] Prevent Cross-Site Tracking on Phones and Browser
Have you ever wondered why you get the advertisements of the websites you visited a few minutes ago on your social media sites? Here comes to Cross-Site Tracking, also termed CST, and it is a process where third-party cookies and sites track your browser history.
The CST process is like invading your privacy by collecting your browser history and personal information. So, to prevent these services, there are several ways by which you can cross-site tracking on your system as well as phone browsers. Keep reading to learn how to stop cross-site tracking on both phone and browser.
- Part 1: Why Do We Need to Stop Cross-site Tracking?
- Part 2: Can Private Browsing be traced?
- Part 3: How to Disable Cross-website Tracking on Safari for iOS Devices?
- Part 4: How to Disable Cross-site Tracking on Google Chrome
- Part 5: Recommended Solution: Fake a Location to Stop Cross-Site Location Tracking Using Dr. Fone
Part 1: Why Do We Need to Stop Cross-site Tracking?
Cross-site Tracking is all about collecting your browsing data and other information for advertising purposes. Though the process can prove convenient for many as it provides additional information about the products and services you have searched for and offers tailor-made content, it is intrusive and about breaching your privacy.
Cross-site tracking collects information about your browsing history. The third-party cookies also monitor the content type you have visited and your personal information, which is risky.
Besides invading privacy, the CST also poses several other issues. Based on your browsing history, additional content you have not asked for is loaded on your visited sites, slows down the page loading process, and puts an extra burden on your battery. Moreover, too much-unwanted content can interfere with the basic information you are looking for.
So, it is always better to prevent cross-site tracking for all the above and more reasons.
Part 2: Can Private Browsing be traced?
Yes, private browsing can be traced. When you work in private browsing mode, the web browser does not save the browsing history, which means that anyone who uses your system will not check your online activities. But websites and cookies can track your browsing history as well as other information.
Part 3: How to Disable Cross-website Tracking on Safari for iOS Devices?
Safari is the most commonly used platform by iOS users. So, to prevent CST for Safari on your iOS devices and Mac systems, below is a complete guide.
Deactivate Safari cross-website tracking for iPhone & iPad
Safari cross-site tracking can be prevented using the below steps on your iPhone and iPad.
- Step 1. Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Step 2. Find the Safari option by scrolling down the menu.
- Step 3. Move the slider to turn on “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” under the PRIVACY & SECURITY option.
Deactivate Safari cross-website tracking for Mac
Use the steps below to turn off cross-site tracking on Safari on your Mac systems.
- Step 1. On your Mac system, open the Safari app.
- Step 2. Move to Safari > Preferences > Privacy
- Step 3. Enable the “Prevent cross tracking” option by clicking on the box next to it.
Part 4: How to Disable Cross-site Tracking on Google Chrome
Chrome is used widely on Windows systems and Android devices, and to prevent the CST from your browser, a detailed guide is given below.
Enable “Do Not Track” on Google Chrome for Android
- Step 1. On your Android device, open the Chrome app.
- Step 2. At the right side of the address bar, click on the More option and choose Settings.
- Step 3. Choose the Privacy option from the Advanced tab.
- Step 4. Click on the “Do Not Track” option to turn on the feature.
Enable “Do Not Track” on Google Chrome for Computer
- Step 1. Launch Chrome on your system, and from the menu at the upper-right corner, click on the Settings option.
- Step 2. From the “Privacy and Security” tab, choose the “Cookies and other site data” option.
- Step 3. Tap and enable the slider next to “Send a “Do not track” request with your browsing traffic.”
Part 5: Recommended Solution: Fake a Location to Stop Cross-Site Location Tracking Using Dr. Fone
What if you let the sites and cookies track your phone location without worrying about your privacy? Yes, it can be done by spoofing your location. So, if you set a fake location while browsing the internet, you will not have to worry about cross-site tracking, as anyways, the sites and cookies will get misled browsing information that cannot harm you in any manner.
Setting a fake location on your iOS devices, a professional tool is needed, for we recommend Wondershare Dr.Fone - Virtual Location as the best tool. Using this Android and iOS-based software, you can set any fake GPS location on your device. The tool is simple to use and does not require any mastery of technical know-how.
- Simple tool to teleport to any GPS location in a single click.
- Allows simulating GPS movement along the route.
- All popular models of Android and iOS devices are compatible.
- Compatible with all location-based apps on your phone.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac systems.
Here is a video tutorial for you to take an overview of how to use Dr.Fone - Virtual Location to fake location on your Android and iOS devices.
Steps to set fake location on your Android and iOS devices using DrFone-Virtual Location
Step 1. Download, install and launch the software on your Windows or Mac systems. On the main software interface, choose the Virtual Location option.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone or Android device to your system using a USB cable and then tap on the Get Started option on your software interface.
Step 3. A new window on the software interface will open, showing your connected phone's real and actual location. If the detected location is incorrect, click on the “Center On” icon to display the right device location.
Step 4. Next, you need to activate the “teleport mode” and click o the 3rd icon at the upper-right corner.
Step 5. Next, you have to enter now the fake location to which you wish to teleport to at the upper-left corner. Click on Go.
Step 6. Finally, tap on the Move Here button and the new fake location for your connected Android or iOS device at the pop-up box.
Check the new location of your phone from the app.
Wrap it up!
Preventing Cross-site tracking can be done on different browsers and devices using the guides listed in the above parts of the article. Settings a fake location for your device using Dr. Fone-Virtual Location is another interesting way to prevent tracking your browsing history by spoofing the sites and cookies. Setting a fake place will not only avoid monitoring your browsing history but will also work with all location-based apps on your phone.
You Might Also Like
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Fake GPS on Social Media
- Fake Whatsapp location
- Fake mSpy GPS
- Grindr Unable to Refresh
- Change Instagram Business Location
- Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Grindr GPS
- Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- Fake Tinder GPS
- Fake Snapchat GPS
- Change Instagram Region/Country
- Change Location on Tiktok
- Fake Location on Facebook
- Change Location on Hinge
- Change/Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- Change Location on Twitter
- Change Location on Facebook Dating
- Fake Location on YikYak
- Find People on Tinder by Name
- Fake GPS on Games
- Flg Pokemon go
- Pokemon go joystick on android no root
- hatch eggs in pokemon go without walking
- Fake GPS on pokemon go
- Spoofing pokemon go on Android
- Pokemon Go Unable to Authenticate
- Harry Potter Apps
- How to Catch Ditto Pokemon
- Pokemon Go CP Calculator Tips
- Pokemon Go Community Day
- Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Top Pokemon in Pokemon Go
- Fake GPS on Android
- Fake GPS on Android
- Fake GPS on Huawei Without Rooting
- Google Location Changing
- Fake GPS No Root
- Hola Fake GPS Alternative
- Spoof Android GPS without Jailbreak
- Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Android Location Settings
- Change iOS Devices Location
- Best Location Changer for iPhone and Android
- See Someone on iPhone
- Change Find My iPhone Location
- Pokemon go spoofing
- Fake all kinds of ios gps
- Fake Pokemon go GPS
- Change Weather Location on iPad
- Change Home Address on iPhone
- Fake Location to Bypass Regional Restriction
- Change Netflix Location
- Bypass MLB Tv
- Change Location on YouTube TV
- Change Play Store Country
- Change Location on Facebook Marketplace
- Dating Apps Tips