iPad Keeps Freezing: How to Fix It
An iPad is a great device for both works and play. However, it is the most annoying thing when an iPad becomes frozen – especially when you are doing something important. There are plenty of reasons for an iPad to constantly freeze. Thankfully, there is an extremely easy way to fix a frozen iPad.
- Part 1: Why does my iPad keep freezing?
- Part 2: My iPad keeps freezing: How to fix it
- Part 3: How to prevent your iPad from keeping freezing
It is normal for any device to get stuck once in a while. However, if it happens rather regularly, there could be some major issues happening inside your iPad. Here are some of the possible reasons:
- Apps are built differently from each other. If you have several apps running, they may not work well with each other. iPad freezes when apps are corrupted or buggy that disrupts the way iOS works in its entirety.
- You do not have the latest version of iOS running on your iPad or it is corrupted by bad apps.
- You recently changed the settings on your iPad and it is not working well with your apps and/or operating system.
- It is too hot to function – it has its resources working on keeping it cool instead.
To unfreeze iPad, download and install Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer. Dr.Fone - System Repair is one of the earliest iPhone and iPad system recovery tools. It provides users with different solution tools that allow users to get back lost data and fix iOS devices that are not working properly.
An amazing tool to fix your frozen iPad!
- Fix with various iOS system issues like frozen screen, recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Only fix your frozen iPad to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27, and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Dr.Fone is a great software that is easy to use, even when you have minimal literacy in technology. It gives detailed step-by-step instructions so that you can fix iPhone frozen yourself. Do not believe me? See for yourself.
Steps to fix frozen iPad by Dr.Fone
Step 1: Choose the "System Repair" operation
launch Dr.Fone and select System Repair from the main interface.
Using a USB cable, establish a connection between the frozen iPad and computer. The software will automatically detect your phone. Click the "Standard Mode" or "Advanced Mode".
Step 2: Download the right firmware
A frozen iPad can be fixed with the right firmware on your iOS device. Based on the model of your iPad, the software is able to retrieve the best version for you. Click the "Start" button so that it can start downloading the required firmware.
Step 3: Repairing iOS to normal
The software will start working on unfreezing your iPad once the download is complete. It takes a quick 10 minutes to repair the iOS system so that it could function normally. The software will notify you when it is done fixing your frozen iPad.
While there are other ways to solve a frozen iPad issue, they are mostly short term and are more like Band-Aids. It does not tackle the root cause(s) of the problem. Wondershare Dr.Fone is the easiest and quickest way to help you resolve the issue for the long term. It is the best way to restore your iPad to its original settings and conditions without losing existing data. Take note that any modifications (jailbreak and unlock) that you did on your iPad will be reversed. If you still encounter this problem regularly, the issue may be more serious than the average problem. In that case, you will need to visit the Apple store.
Now that you have your iPad working properly, it is best to prevent your iPad from freezing again. Here are some of the tips you can do to avoid iPad freezing:
- Only download apps from reputable sources and it is probably best to download from the AppStore so that you do not get nasty surprises.
- Update your iOS and apps whenever there is an update notification. This is to ensure everything will perform as it should.
- Avoid using your iPad while it is charging. Using it during this time will overheat it.
- Avoid having multiple apps running in the background. Close all apps that you are not using so that the system will only concentrate on the one you are currently using. Ensure that your iPad has room to circulate hot air so avoid placing your iPad on your bed, cushion, or sofa.
iPad freezes quite commonly, therefore you should know why it does and how you can get it fixed without going to the Apple store. Unfortunately, if your iPad cannot break the habit, you will need to organize a trip to the nearest one because it might be something related to the hardware, which is hard to fix without forfeiting your warranty.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1 iOS Frozen
- 1 Fix Frozen iPhone
- 2 Force Quit Frozen Apps
- 5 iPad Keeps Freezing
- 6 iPhone Keeps Freezing
- 7 iPhone Froze During Update
- 2 Recovery Mode
- 1 iPad iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 2 iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 3 iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 4 Recover Data From Recovery Mode
- 5 iPhone Recovery Mode
- 6 iPod Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 7 Exit iPhone Recovery Mode
- 8 Out of Recovery Mode
- 3 DFU Mode