How to Fix Blue Screen Error on iPad
The iPad is a fantastic device, but it can malfunction at times. One of these concerns is when the iPad screen turns totally blue, which is known as the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This event interferes with the device's usual functionality, making it hard for you to use it.
Regardless of how the problem happened, you want a quick and effective iPad blue screen cure. Learn about the best blue screen for iPad repair options below.
Part 1. What Causes iPad Blue Screen of Death
The iPad blue screen issue might be caused by one or more factors. The blue screen of death on an iPad usually signifies that your device's operating system could not handle the increased stress. This frequently occurs when you are multitasking and running numerous demanding programs at the same time.
Here are some common reasons for iPad blue screen:
- It could be due to apps on your device such as FaceTime, Safari, or even the camera. It could be because of some inappropriate apps.
- Another reason for the iPad blue screen is a software update that contains flaws or mistakes. Many people have reported this issue following an update, but Apple has released numerous updates since iOS 10 that have resolved the issue.
- The issue might also be caused by multitasking apps.
- Though uncommon, an iPad blue screen could be caused by hardware failure.
Part 2. 6 Solutions to Solve iPad Blue Screen of Death
The iPad is a fantastic gadget with a large screen for viewing films, images, documents, and so on, and it is also more handy for gaming. You may also use it to store other forms of data such as music, emails, and so on. However, you may encounter the Blue Screen of Death on it. This error is caused by hardware or software problems. You won't be able to do anything with your iPhone, and it won't even be able to make a call or backup. But don't worry because this guide will show you six ways to fix iPad blue screen of death caused by software issues.
Force Restart iPad
This procedure, sometimes called force reboot, can help you address various device problems. Getting rid of the blue screen is the same. This solution is quite successful if you have this problem during or after the iPadOS 15 update.
To forcibly restart the iPad with the Home button, simultaneously press the Power and Home buttons on the iPad. Hold down both buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen, at which point the iPad will restart.
To restart an iPad without a Home button, press and release the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Finally, hold the Top button down until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Restore iPad via iTunes or Finder
The blue screen on an iPad may also be addressed by recovering the device using iTunes (for Windows and Mac) or Finder (for Mac only). However, using this method will result in data loss on your iPad. And this strategy works even if your iPad gets stuck in blue screen mode during the iPadOS 15 update.
Here's how to do it:
- Step 1: Launch the iTunes program if you are using Windows or a Mac running macOS Mojave or earlier. Check that it is the most recent version. Simply launch Finder on a Mac running macOS Catalina or later.
- Step 2: Connect your iPad to the PC in step two. Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Even if you see the Apple logo, don't let go of the buttons. Wait until the iTunes symbol appears on your iPad.
- Step 3: The computer will notify you that an iPad in recovery mode has been discovered. You may now click OK and then "Restore iPad".
- Step 4: Click the "Restore" button to confirm the operation. After that, iTunes/Mac will repair your iPad and install the most recent iPadOS software. Your iPad will then restart, and you will be able to set up a new device.
Factory Reset Your iPad
The factory reset procedure restores the device to its default configuration. When repairing the screen of death, this process removes all viruses, malware, and errors and erases personal data from the device.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Reboot the phone to the home screen and launch the Settings app. After that, go to General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Step 2: Enter your password to begin the factory reset. When the process is finished, the iPad's welcome screen appears.
Restore iPad in DFU Mode
When the blue screen problem occurs, you may also use DFU Mode to troubleshoot your iPad. Check out the procedure breakdown below.
- Step 1: Open iTunes and attach your iPad to your computer using a USB cord. Then, for 3 seconds, press the "Power" button to turn off your iPad. Then, simultaneously press the "Home" and "Power" buttons.
- Step 2: After 10 seconds, release the "Power" button and press the "Home" button for another five seconds. If your iPad's screen remains dark, it is in DFU Mode. After that, iTunes should prompt you to upgrade or request iPad.
Fix iPad System Issue with Wondershare Dr.Fone
Wondershare Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) provides a unique and effective system repair solution for iPhone/iPad/iPod users. Regardless of the type of the fault, this mending utility fixes over 150+ iOS/iPadOS problems. If you're having software problems with your iOS device, this iOS system repair tool can help.
Here's how to get started:
- Step 1: Download Wondershare Dr.Fone and install it. Then, start it up. Click the Toolbox from the top-left area of the screen. Choose System Repair from the options on the home screen.
- Step 2: Because you are practicing iOS system repair, select iOS from the dialog that appears. The window that appears displays a number of alternatives for repairing your iOS device's system. Select iOS Repair to proceed with an iOS device system repair.
- Step 3: A new window will appear; choose Standard Repair from the two options if you want to keep your data during the operation.
- Step 4: The following step requires you to boot your iOS device into Recovery Mode. You may quickly enter Recovery Mode on your iDevice by following the on-screen directions. After that, hit Enter Recovery Mode to proceed.
- Step 5: Once in Recovery Mode, the platform will automatically determine the iOS firmware that may be loaded on the device. Click Download next to the iOS firmware you want to install on your troubled device.
- Step 6: The device will begin automatically downloading the iOS firmware on the platform. Once downloaded, it is verified by the platform before being made available for updating the iOS device. Then, to continue repairing your iOS device, click Repair Now.
- Step 7: The progress meter on the following screen indicates that the procedure has been completed. Wait until the procedure is completed, and keep the iDevice connected to the computer. The screen below depicts the process's conclusion. Select the Done option to finish the repair process and resume normal use of your iOS device.
Contact Apple for Technical Support
An Apple shop is always available to assist with numerous iDevice concerns, including the blue screen of death for the iPad. You may schedule a repair appointment at an Apple Store or an authorized Apple service provider. Some specialists at the Apple shop may examine your gadget to determine the source of the problem before repairing it.
Part 3. How to Avoid iPad Blue Screen of Death
If your iPad screen becomes blue, it implies you cannot even do basic functions on it. And if you do not pay close attention to the iPad blue screen problem, you will lose data because the iPad troubleshooting has another term: blue screen of death. Calm down, and don't be concerned if you see a blue screen problem on your iPad; there are related suggestions to assist you in preventing a blue screen of death with simple tasks.
- Avoid being harmed by dangerous malware:Set your antivirus software, web browser, and operating system to automatically update. Don't make your browser's security settings less secure. If you leave your browser's default security settings, you can avoid "drive-by" or bundled downloads.
- Update your phone on time: Updates include new features that improve the phone's reliability and usability. The most crucial reason to upgrade your phone is that it may continually improve its security features and keep you secure from fraudsters and viruses.
- Repair or manage your data using Wondershare Dr.Fone: Because Wondershare Dr.Fone is cross-platform software, you can manage Android and iPhones on Windows or Mac. With the help of this application, you can avoid most iPhone issues or fix iPhone issues with just a few clicks.
All the options described and outlined above will assist in resolving the iPad blue screen problem. However, using Umendit is the best option as it takes less time and can help you ease the process. Wondershare Dr.Fone boasts a high success rate, a user-friendly interface, and no data loss.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPad Beta Install
- iPad DFU Mode
- 1. Backup iPad in DFU Mode
- 2. Put iPad in and get out of DFU mode
- 3. Restore iPad from DFU mode
- 4. Get iPad In and Out of DFU Mode
- iPad Recovery Mode
- 1. iPad Recovery Mode Not Working
- 2. Restore iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 3. Put iPad in Recovery Mode
- iPad Update/Downgrade
- 1. Downgrade iPadOS 16 Beta to 15
- 2. Fix iPad Stuck on Preparing Update
- 3. Fix iPad Stuck On Update Requested
- 4. Fix iPad stuck at Verifying Update
- 5. Fix iPad not updating
- iPad Common Problems
- 1. 5 Ways to Fix iPad Boot Loop
- 2. Fix Poor Wi-Fi Signal on iPad
- 3. Fix iPad crashes
- 4. Fix Wifi keeps dropping on iPad
- 5. Fix iPad Not Connecting to Hotspot
- 6. Fix iPad Overheating
- 7. Fix Common iPad Problems Easily
- 8. Fix iPad Keeps Restarting
- 9. Fix iPad Stuck in Headphone Mode
- 10. Fix iPad Won't Connect to Wi-Fi
- 11.Solutions for iPad Won't Rotate
- 12.Solutions for iPad Won't Turn Off
- 13.Fix My iPad Won't Turn On
- 14.Ways to Speed Up the Slow iPad
- 15.Fix iPad Won't Sync with iTunes
- 16.Fixe Ghost Typing and False Touch
- 17.Repair iPad Touch ID Not Working
- 18.Fix iPad Keeps Freezing
- 19.Fix Disabled iPad
- iPad App Problems
- 1. Fix iPad Sound Not Working
- 2. Fix Wallpaper not Displaying
- 3. 12 Fixes for Apps Not Downloading
- 4. Fix All iPad Email Problems
- 5. Fixe iPad No Sound in Games
- 6. Ways to Fix No Sound on iPad
- 7. Fix iPad Not Receiving Emails
- 8. Fixe Safari Crashing on iPads
- 9. Fix YouTube Not Working on iPad
- 10. Force Quit Frozen Apps On iPad
- 11.Fix 'Cannot Connect to App Store'
- iPad Button Problems
- 1. Fix iPad Home Button Not Working
- 2. Fix iPad Power Button Not Working
- 3. Fixes for iPad Volume Button Stuck
- iPad Charging Problems
- 1. Fix iOS 16 Battery Drain Issues
- 2. Fixe iPad Battery Draining Fast
- 3. Ways to Speed Up iPad Charging!
- 4. Fixes for iPad Not Charging
- 5. Fix IPad Not Charging
- iPad Keyboard Problems
- 1. Fixe iPad Keyboard Not Working
- 2. Fix Keyboard Trackpad Not Working
- 3. Smart Keyboard Folio VS Magic Keyboard
- iPad Screen Problems