3 Methods to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad with and without iTunes
Hi! I want to transfer some photos from a pic to my iPad mini. There is no wi-fi, I do not have a mac. I connected the two by cable and the pic can see the iPad. I do not have iTunes. Is it possible to complete this simple task?
With its portability and high-resolution display, the iPad is great for viewing photos. If you have lots of interesting photos on the computer, you may want to show them to your family and friends by using your iPad. To do this, you need to transfer photos from computer to iPad first. In this article, I show you 3 methods on how to transfer photos from PC to iPad.
Method 1. Transfer Photos from Computer to iPad without iTunes
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is a powerful application to transfer pictures from PC to iPad. It's known for its high quality. With it, you can transfer pictures from PC to iPad easily and effortlessly. Additionally, it empowers you to create new albums to save imported photos. To transfer files from PC to iPad, including transferring music, videos, photos, contacts, and more. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is what you need.
Supported: iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini 1-4, the new iPad, iPad 2, iPad
Transfer Photos from PC to iPad without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13 and iPod.
How to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad without iTunes
Step 1 Start Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. Launch it and select "Phone Manager".
Step 2 Connect iPad to Computer
Connect your iPad to your computer via a USB cable. This program will detect your iPad as soon as it's connected, and display all the manageable file categories in the main interface.
Step 3 Transfer Pictures from PC to iPad
Choose the "Photos" category at the top of the software window, and the program will show you the Camera Roll and Photo Library in the left sidebar, along with the contents in the right part. Now click the Add button at the upper left corner, and select Add File or Add Folder in the drop-down menu. Then you can add photos from your computer to the iPad.
|Transfer Photos to iPad||The difference between Camera Roll and Photo Library.|
|Photos added to Camera Roll can be deleted directly from iOS devices.|
|Photos added to Photo Library cannot be deleted directly from iOS devices due to the limitations of Apple.|
Method 2. Transfer Photos from Computer to iPad using iTunes
You can use iTunes to transfer photos to the iPad from the computer, but it will remove all existing photos saved on iPad Photo Library. Anyway, below is a step-by-step tutorial.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to the computer.
- Click your iPad under "Devices" in the left sidebar.
- Click on the "Photos" tab and check the box "Sync Photos".
- Select "Choose Folder" and find the folder with the photos you want to transfer to your iPad, select it and click "Select Folder" to continue the process.
- Then the folder has been loaded, click the "Apply" button found at the bottom right corner.
Dropbox is a free cloud storage service that allows you to save and access documents, photos, and videos anywhere from any device. To transfer photos from PC to iPad, you can install the Dropbox app on your iPad. Below is a step by step tutorial on how to use Dropbox to transfer photos from PC to iPad. The tutorial is divided into two parts.
Step 1 Sign in to your Dropbox account. You are required to fill up your first name, last name, email, and password.
Step 2 Click on the "Upload" button. Then, click on "Choose File". Choose the photo in your PC that you want to transfer to your iPad.
Step 3 Photos begin to upload and you can see a progress bar with the time remaining.
Step 4 When you finish uploading, click "Done". You can now see the photo in your Dropbox cloud.
Step 5 On your iPad, go to the App Store and type Dropbox in the search box. Download the app.
Step 6 Once the downloading is done, open Dropbox. Log into it.
Step 7 Tap on the photo you uploaded from your PC. Tap on the download icon found on the upper right. Then, tap on "Save to Photo Library".
2. Photo Transfer
Photo Transfer is an iOS app for transferring photos and videos between iOS devices and computers using Wi-Fi. The app is convenient to use since you no longer need to use any cables to move photos from your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Moreover, there is no need to install anything on your PC. All you need to do is simply download the app from the App Store.
Here are the steps on how to move photos from your PC to your iPad using the app.
Step 1 On your iPad, go to the App Store and type Photo Transfer Free in the search box. Download the app.
Step 2 Open the app on the iPad and you can see the "Receive" button which you need to click on it. The option will allow you to navigate your photos to the destination, Windows Computer.
Step 3 Open a web browser on your PC and type this address: http://connect.phototransferapp.com.
Step 4 You can click on the direction of the album you want to transfer to and select "Upload Photos". The photos will be sent to your iPad directly.
3. Simple Transfer
Simple Transfer is an app used to transfer photos and videos wirelessly between iPad and PC. Photos transferred using the app maintains its full resolution. Likewise, videos are also transferred to their highest quality. Instructions on how to transfer photos from your PC to your iPhone or iPad using the app are found below.
Step 1 Download the Simple Transfer app from the App Store on your iPad.
Step 2 Open the app from your iPad's home screen, you can see an address displayed on the main interface of the app.
Step 3 Open a web browser on your computer and type this address. (e.g. http://192.168.10.100)
Step 4 Click on the Upload Device button found in the Camera Roll album. Choose the photo you want to add to your iPad.
Step 5 Click Upload. A notification appears on your PC's browser saying that the file was successfully transferred to your iPad.
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) could help you transfer photos, pictures, albums from computer to iPad easily without iTunes. Simply download and have a try. If this guide helps, don't forget to share it with your friends.
iPad Tips & Tricks
- Make Use of iPad
- iPad Tips and Tricks
- Can iPad Pro Replace Laptop
- Smart Keyboard Folio VS. Magic Keyboard
- iPad Photo Transfer
- Transfer Music from iPad to iTunes
- Transfer Purchased Items from iPad to iTunes
- Delete iPad Duplicate Photos
- Download Music on iPad
- Use iPad as External Drive
- Transfer Data to iPad
- Transfer Photos from Computer to iPad
- Transfer MP4 to iPad
- Transfer Files from PC to iPad
- Transfer Photos from Mac to ipad
- Transfer Apps from iPad to iPad/iPhone
- Transfer Videos to iPad without iTunes
- Transfer Music from iPad to iPad
- Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPad
- Sync iPhone to iPad
- Transfer iPad Data to PC/Mac
- Transfer Photos from iPad to Mac
- Transfer Photos from iPad to PC
- Transfer Books from iPad to Computer
- Transfer Apps from iPad to Computer
- Transfer Music from iPad to Computer
- Transfer PDF from iPad to PC
- Transfer Notes from iPad to Computer
- Transfer Files from iPad to PC
- Transfer Videos from iPad to Mac
- Transfer Videos from iPad to PC
- Sync iPad to New Computer
- Transfer iPad Data to External Storage