The Reasons You Want Know About Why Mega Gengar Get Banned
Mega Gengar is the Gengar Mega Evolution through the usage of a Gengarite. It’s a Ghost/Poison-type and called the Shadow Pokémon. Mega Gengar utilizes the Shadow Tag Ability that prevents its rivals from fleeing the battle or turning out of battle. It’s a temporary form. After the battle, it reverts back to normal – a Gengar. Mega Gengar is a component of the Uber tier of competitive battling. Due to its ability Shadow Tag, it carves out a considerable niche as a wallbreaker, stallbreaker, and revenge killer all-in-one Pokémon.
So, why Pokémon Mega Gengar get banned? If you’re curious to know about the reasons about why it gets banned, then you have come to the right place. Continue reading to find out.
Part 1: Why Is Mega Gengar Banned?
Mega Gengar gets banned because of certain aspects, all connected with each other.
1: Shadow Tag
The very first reason about why it is banned to Ubers is due to its ability – Shadow Tag. It causes you not to able to switch, which means that you’ll most probably lose your Pokémon to Gengar unless you can take it out in one single hit. It is extremely challenging to counter, as there are no safe switch ins to Mega Gengar because of its wide movepool.
2: Access to Perish Song
Gothitelle posses Shadow Tag, thus why is it in BL? While Gothitelle posses Shadow Tag, it is not only slow but it even depends majority on Trick and set up. The approach to using Gothitelle is to trick Choice Scarf or Specs onto your rival then spam Calm minds and sweep. However, a physical Pokémon will impede Gothitelle. With Mega Gengar, it has Perish Song access, thus essentially it is capable of spamming Substitute/Protect and take out your Pokémon while switching safely at the third turn. Additionally, it even has very wide coverage – Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Dazzling Gleam, etc, which makes it a very decent sweeper and staller.
These are two primary reasons you should know about why Mega Gengar is banned.
Part 3: What Is Gengar Weakness?
Gengar is one of the 3 original Ghost-type Pokémon from Gen 1 and raid boss in Pokémon Go. Once defeating Gengar in a raid battle, you may be fortunate enough to encounter a shiny Mega Gengar. The raid boss tier Gengar is designated in Pokémon Go relies on whether or not it is taking part in a Special Raid Challenge event. If it is, then it is a four-star raid boss. But, if not, it will be a three-star raid boss.
Originally, it was a pure ghost-type. However, upon the introduction of Pokémon Gold & Silver and dual-type Pokémon, it because of a ghost and poison type Pokémon. When it comes to taking down any Pokémon, it is very imperative to know about its ins and outs. Especially, you must know about its weakness. Below we are going to reveal weakness and recommended counters for Gengar to help you take down this Pokémon without much hassle.
Gengar Weakness and Counters:
Below is all you need to know about Gengar – its weakness and much more.
- Type – Ghost and poison-type
- Weak against ground, dark, ghost, and psychic-type.
- Counters - Alakazam, Mewtwo Gengar, Tyranitar, Espeon, Goundon, Metagross, Latios, Rhyperior, and Chandelure.
A combination of potent ground and psychic-type Pokémon is a great way to go when it comes to battling Gengar. You can even if you feel like it, try to take Gengar on with your own Gengars army, because of its weakness against ghost-types.
Our Counters Recommendations
- Mewtwo - Confusion & Shadow Ball
- Groudon - Mud Shot & Earthquake
- Gengar - Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Tyranitar - Bite & Crunch
- Alakazam - Confusion & Future Sight
As you now clearly see that, we have placed the rather ambitions Mewtwo at the first of recommended counters. It is extremely potent and sure, it is not the tackiest Pokémon. However, you would like to take down Gengar quickly if you’re leading with a technique like this. Another option is Groudon and it is ranked in the second position due to its ground typing.
The Bottom Line:
So, we come to the end of this post. We hope that this guide has helped you comprehend the reasons behind why Mega Gengar is banned and much more. Of course, when it comes to taking down any Pokémon, knowing its weakness is very important. This post has highlighted Gengar's weakness to help you take it down with ease.
If you have any more concerns or doubts regarding the post, then feel free to let us know in the below comment section.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking