Groudon vs Kyogre, Which is Better and How to Catch?
Groudon is 100% land, whereas Kyogre is 100% water-type Pokémon. Groudon is known to have some of the most potent attack moves, whereas Kyogre has the best defensive moves. Both super-ancient Pokémon, the last Groudon vs. Kyogre, is a fight of world domination. Not only will it create meteorological mayhem, the immense power of both indicates that Groudon vs. Kyogre will reshape the Hoenn region or the world itself.
Read on to find the result of Groudon vs. Kyogre. As well as find out: Groudon vs. Kyogre: which is better. Beyond that, you will also find out how to find out Groudon and Kyogre in the Pokémon world. Not only this, we have included a tool that allows you to catch these two legendary, ancient, and powerful Pokémon from the comfort of your home.
- Part 1. Groudon Guide: Moveset, Weaknesses, and Counters
- Part 2. Kyogre Guide: Moveset, Weaknesses, and Counters
- Part 3. Groudon Verus Kyogre: Which Is Better in Pokémon Go?
- Part 4. Is Rayquaza Stronger Than Groudon and Kyogre?
- Part 5. How To Find Groudon and Kyogre in Pokémon Go?
- Part 6. How to Quickly Catch Groudon and Kyogre in Pokémon Go?
- Part 7. When Will Primal Kyogre & Primal Groudon Come to Pokémon GO?
Part 1. Groudon Guide: Moveset, Weaknesses, and Counters
A Tier 5 Legendary Raid Boss, Groudon is one of the strongest ground-type Pokémon from the Hoenn region. Legend has it Groudon expanded the Pokémon lands by evaporating water with its heat. And Groudon has been asleep in the underground magma since its frivolous battle with Kyogre.
Resembling a massive dinosaur, Groudon is a red, grey, black, and white Pokémon with yellow eyes and a thick armor-type structure covering its entire body. Another striking trait of Groudon's body is the big-boned spikes on the neck and tail. However, its most demonic body character is its vast talons, allowing Groudon to tear opponents into pieces.
|Height||11 feet 6 inches|
Groudon's most apparent advantage is to expand the territorial land by vaporizing water from its raging warmth. Another characteristic of Groudon is its deep slumber, given it spends most of its underground magma chambers. It usually wakes up to fight with Kyogre, which is often fierce and has catastrophic effects.
For instance, many internet fans say a fight between Groudon vs. Kyogre can reshape the Hoenn region or the Pokémon world itself.
Like its two other super-ancient cohorts (the Kyogre and Rayquaza), Groudon can enter its primal form. That is to say, it can convert from mere Ground-type Pokémon to Ground/Fire-type Pokémon and back.
When you discover Groudon via Raids, you will usually encounter it covered with lava and magma. While all of the super-ancient cohorts showcase extreme behavior with untamed passion, Groudon (according to many) can sometimes be a good Samaritan. It has that title because it can create a land with every step it takes and can save the lives of others during floods.
Part 2. Kyogre Guide: Moveset, Weaknesses, and Counters
Where Groudon holds visceral flames, Kyogre is a water-type attacker. Kyogre does not evolve into any other Pokémon, like Groudon. Where Groudon can expand continents with its visceral heat, Kyogre has the power to expand the oceans.
Kyogre, in its normal form, resembles a big blue whale or orce or something in between. It has a blue body, while the chin area is white with one short spike on both sides.
|Height||14 feet 9 inches|
Kyogre can undergo primal reversion if it holds the blue orb. The Primal version of Kyogre is twice the size of its usual body shape. The color also transcends to a deeper blue while a golden light shines around the body. There are red stripes in the normal physiology of Kyogre; however, the primal Kyogre has blue lines.
Another interesting fact about Kyogre is it is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move: Origin Pulse. It is a move that is available to someone holding the Z-Power and knows to deal with all the damage and defeat all the opponents in double or triple battles. Nonetheless, the standard power moves of Kyogre are also quite strong, and all are water-type with a 270 base attack.
Like Groudon, Kyogre also has a shiny form. If you encounter the shiny Kyogre, you can catch it with a single ball. However, ensure to use Pinap berry to score extra candy while catching the shiny Kyogre. You can also find Kyogre in Sapphire, Emerald, and HeartGold normally.
Part 3. Groudon Verus Kyogre: Which Is Better in Pokémon Go?
Groudon is 100% land, whereas Kyogre is 100% water-type Pokémon. However, there are other distinctions. For instance, Groudon is a prime example of a powerful attack. But Kyogre has the best defensive moves. So, even if Groudon comes with the best attacks, Kyogre can wade it off to the most extent.
|Level 1||Mud Shot, Precipice Blades, Ancient Power, Lava Plume, Scary Face||Origin Pulse, Body Slam, Water Pulse|
|Level 9||Earth Power||Aqua Tail|
|Level 18||Bulk Up||Calm Mind|
|Level 27||Create Earthquake||The Muddy Water|
|Level 36||Hammer Arm||The Ice Beam|
|Level 45||Fissure||Sheer Cold|
|Level 54||Rest||The Aqua Ring|
|Level 72||Blast||The Hydro Pump Attack|
|Level 81||Grass||Double-Edge Attacks and Defence|
|Level 90||Eruption||Water Spout|
- The Type Advantage Goes to Kyogre:
Between both Groudon and Kyogre, Kyogre has the type advantage. Given most players prefer the water-type Pokémon over the land-form. While Groudon is known to walk on shallow waterbodies, Kyogre has the advantage if it rains on the day of the battle.
So, if it rains on the day of the Groudon vs. Kyogre fight, it isn't easy to decide who would win. However, once the rain stops, it is: the answer to Groudon vs. Kyogre: who would win is simple: Groduon.
- Groudon can create continents:
The creator of continents in the Pokémon world, Groudon can create landmass easily. Yes, Kyogre creates oceans. But Groudon's ability to develop continents is more dominant than Kyogre's ability to form oceans. Many fans believe it is the power of creating water is the most dominant one, but Groudon's ability to create a landmass is impressive over Kyogre's.
Here's a video that best explains this distinction:
- Groudon's Primal Form is a Dual-type:
The primal version of Groudon is a dual-type and has both the Fire and Ground characteristics, whereas Kyogre will still be the water-type Pokémon even in its primal form. However, Kyogre does not have a dual-type form in its primal form; its water-type form will emerge as the dominant one as Groudon becomes vulnerable to grass attacks and more.
Still, Groudon primal form has the highest attack stats of any ground or magma-type Pokémon in the Pokémon world.
Not to forget, Groudon and Kyogre both have legendary stab moves as of now. The primal form is unique to both these legendary Pokémon; still, if there is a debate over Groudon vs. Kyogre: which is better, definitely, the answer is Groudon.
All in all, Groudon has more chances. Even when looking into the future, water will not have much value, given all the future legendaries are dragons. Groudon earthquake, on the other hand, can easily deal with dragons like Dialga, Heatran, and Reshiram.
Part 4. Is Rayquaza Stronger Than Groudon and Kyogre?
Of the three super-ancient meteorological controlling Pokémon, Rayquaza is believed to have evolved as the first Pokémon. Where Kyogre has the strength of forming oceans and represents the Hydrosphere, Groudon has the strength of forming ground and represents the Lithosphere, and Rayaquaza represents the Atmosphere.
All three Pokémon have their unique set of strengths, weaknesses, and powers.
However, when you look at the attack stats, both Groudon and Kyogre have the same attack stats. But Rayquaza has the highest attack stat of any dragon-type Pokémon from Gen I-VII.
Like Groudon, Rayquaza is a dual-type Pokémon; it is both a dragon and has flying powers. Even when it comes to flying-type Pokémon, there is no match for Rauqaza. Still, a lot of fans argue that: Yveltal is as powerful as Rayquaza.
So, if there is ever a: Groudon vs. Kyogre vs. Rayquaza, there's a good chance that Rayquaza will emerge victorious.
Part 5. How To Find Groudon and Kyogre in Pokémon Go?
Catching Groudon and Kyogre is quite tricky, though Pokémon Go will soon (dates mentioned later in the guide) allow users to catch legendary Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.
In the meantime, we've discussed a reliable strategy you can use to find ad catch Gourdon and Kyogre faster while playing the Pokemon Go game.
How to Find Groudon in Pokémon Go?
- Take advantage of event days: Most times, Groudon is usually featured as a raid boss during special events. So, you can always take advantage of in-game calender and plan to participate in any Groudon raid event that occurs.
- Join a local Pokémon Go community: Joining a local Pokemon Go community of social media platforms like Facebook, Discord, and Reddit can help you enhance your chances of finding Gourdon. This will enable you to stay informed with the latest raid schedules and connect with other trainers to take down Groudon.
- Use a raid locator map: Several websites and apps have been created to track location of Pokemon Go raids in real-time. You can actually employ such websites to find Groudon raids near you.
- Use type advantages: Since Groudon is a ground type Pokemon, it's weak to grass, ice, and water-types of moves. So, you can bring a team of strong Pokemon that possess these characteristics to
- Have backup: Groudon is a legendary Pokémon and can be tough to beat on your own, so it's always a good idea to bring along a group of trainers to help take it down.
How to Catch Kyogre in Pokémon Go?
- Join a raid: Kyogre is a legendary Pokémon and can only be caught through raids. Look for Kyogre raids in your area and join a group of trainers to take it down.
- Use type advantages: Kyogre is a Water-type Pokémon, so it is weak to Grass and Electric-type moves. Bring along a team of Pokémon with these types to have a better chance of defeating Kyogre in a raid.
- Stock up on Poké Balls: You'll need plenty of Poké Balls to catch Kyogre, so make sure to stock up before the raid. You can also use higher-quality Poké Balls like Ultra Balls or Great Balls to increase your chances of catching Kyogre.
- Time your throws: When attempting to catch Kyogre, time your Poké Ball throws to hit it when it is still and not moving around too much. This will give you a better chance of making a successful catch.
- Use berries: Giving Kyogre a Razz Berry or Golden Razz Berry before throwing a Poké Ball will make it easier to catch and lower the chance of it breaking out of the Poké Ball.
Part 6. How to Quickly Catch Groudon and Kyogre in Pokémon Go?
There are tools that allow you to travel all over the world and catch Pokémon from the comfort of your home. These tools change your location virtually and fool the Pokémon Go app that you are actually traveling on the roads of Paris, even though you reside in New York.
And while there are several location changes on the internet, one effective and 100% working solution is Dr.Fone - Virtual Location.
Dr.Fone Virtual Location
Wondershare's Dr.Fone allows you to teleport your location to anywhere you want with a single click. You can also draw a route and move along that GPS route. Besides that, you can also use the joystick to simulate GPS movement manually. Compatible with iOS and Android devices, Dr.Fone - Virtual Location allows you to play any GPS movements without stepping outside your home.
Unlike the conventional geolocation changes, Wondershare Dr.Fone - Virtual Location technology allows you to play Pokémon Go without getting banned from the app. Yes, it will enable you to move your keyboards or joysticks manually. If manual sounds daunting, you can also set a route and move at a speed of a car, bicycle, or walking.
Key Features of Dr.Fone - Virtual Location:
- Spoof your location with the most advanced geolocation changer technology: unlike a VPN, Dr.Fone- Virtual Location is aimed explicitly at changing location in games like Pokémon Go. So, there will never be a ban on your account.
- Simulate GPS location manually: use a joystick or Keyboard to walk in a distinct location.
- Three different speeds for automatic GPS mocking: move at the average walking pace, a cycle speed, or a car, from 3.6km/h to 108km/h.
- Import/Export GPX Files from the internet and use them to mock locations conveniently.
- You do not have to jailbreak your iPhone or root your Android device for Dr.Fone - Virtual Location to spoof your location.
- You can mark routes as your favorite and access them easily in the future.
- Historical records of where you have traveled.
How to Catch Groudon and Kyogre Using Dr.Fone - Virtual Location?
One of the most fantastic aspects of Dr.Fone - Virtual Location is its simple user interface. Even the least tech-literates can use it conveniently. It is so easy that you do not need this tutorial, as the interface will walk you through the process to spoof your GPS location and catch Kyogre and Gordon.
Here's How to Use Dr.Fone - Virtual Location to Catch Groudon:
Step 1: Download and Install Dr.Fone - Virtual Location program from the official page. Then, launch the tool and choose Virtual Location from the list of options.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer. And click on Get Started to connect your device to the Dr.Fone - Virtual Location program.
- On the next interface, you will see your current location. Click on the Center On option from the right pane to show your current location in case you cannot find it by default.
Step 3: Click on Teleport Mode by clicking on the corresponding icon. Choose the destination according to where you want to go and click on the left field - as the Go option. For instance, we have chosen Rome for this tutorial.
- Once you choose Rome or any preferred location, click on Move Here.
Step 4: Your current location should switch to the one that you chose. Now, you can open the Pokémon Go app and choose a route to discover Kyogre or Groudon.
- The location is displayed on the computer.
There's a good chance to catch Kyogre and Groudon in a new location far away from your home. Needless to say, it will allow you to find Kyogre and Groudon.
Part 7. When Will Primal Kyogre & Primal Groudon Come to Pokémon GO?
There is plenty of Pokémon yet to make an appearance in Pokémon Go world. But the most awaited are Kyogre and Groudon.
Well, we have a piece of good news for you: that is both Groudon and Kyogre will appear in the Pokémon Go world on February 25, 2023, and February 26, 2023, during Pokémon Go Tour: Hoenn Tour.
Now that you know the results of Groudon vs. Kyogre: who would win the debate, it's time to catch them. As mentioned, it is not simple to come across them and actually catch them.
But you can do that using Virtual Location apps like Dr.Fone. You can spoof your location to any corner of the world using Dr.Fone - Virtual Location and catch these legendary Pokémons conveniently. Retain that Dr.Fone - Virtual Location allows you to change location on up to five devices, so all your friends can join you and catch Kyogre and Groudon and enjoy the moments together.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking