Is Gyarados good competitively in Pokémon 2023?
Are you a diehard Pokémon fan out there and want to know whether mega Gyarados is a competitive Pokémon 2020? There are several good Pokémon worth giving a try, but what Pokémon outshines mega Gyarados? We all agree that Pokémon Gyarados is amazing, and there are plenty of reasons to justify this notion. In this article, we are going to walk you through a detailed guide on Pokémon Mega Gyarados. At the need, you will rate whether Gyarados is competitive in Pokémon 2020 or not. Let’s take a look. Shall we?
Is Mega Gyarados The Best Pokémon?
Mega Gyarados has incredibly excellent attributes that make it one of the best Pokémon. This can be seen from its high base stats of 540. It is an extremely powerful Pokémon. Thanks to its amazing high attack and Sp. Defence stats. Although its defense is not as excellent as its attacking prowess, it can be covered by its ability Intimidate. Gyrados are the best attackers for any team because of their one-stage speed increase and plenty of movesets. Gyrados are of two types, namely, type 1 (Water) and type 2(Flying). Again, they have two abilities, namely the Intimidate and Moxie. The former lowers the enemy’s attack while the latter improves its attacking might after defeating/knocking down any Pokémon.
Some of the best nature for Gyarados include Jolly, Impish, and Adamant. Rocky Helmet is among the best movesets and builds for Gyarados. It leverages the Impish nature because it has good defense stats. Remember, the flying types are vulnerable to contact moves, and hence the Rocky Helmet will improve their defensive capability. This way, they can nullify physical attackers.
For Dynamax, Jolly is the suitable nature type combined with Moxie ability. It builds takes advantage of boosted speeds and Moxie’s Attack buff to boost Gyarados stats and bring down the foe. Common movesets include a waterfall, power whip, bounce, and earthquake. With Power Whip moveset, Gyarados can take down foes like Wash Rotom. The earthquake move is suitable when facing Steel-type Pokémon because Gyarados can’t learn useful fire-type moves. Ice Fang is another viable move that is best deployed to counter dragon and grass-based foes.
What is the weakness of Gyarados?
Although Gyarados are competitive Pokémon, they aren’t without weaknesses. One of the major weaknesses of Gyarados is its inability to deal with electric moves. Yes, Gyarados has a 4x weakness to electric moves and is, therefore, a total no-brainer way of dealing with it. Just send Pokémons that know electric moves, and boom, you will get Gyarados by surprise. However, Dynamax Gyrados may have sufficient HP to pull through non-STAB electric attack, and hence don’t be sure that a single shot will bring it down.
Another main weapon for Gyrados is the water-type moves. These include Waterfall and Aqua Tail. Pokémons capable of this at half damage can deal with Gyarados effectively.
How to Get the Gyarados
There are a couple of ways you can get Gyarados in Pokémon. The following are some of the plausible methods.
Use Dr. Fone –Virtual Location (iOS)
As the name suggests, Dr.Fone –Virtual Location (iOS) is a popular location-based app leveraged by scores of users across the globe for diverse reasons. They are majorly used for apps and games that are location-based. This way, you can cheat about your actual location and avoid being captive of a fixed location. Dr. Fone –Virtual Location (iOS) is a smart application as it employs smart techniques to hide or simulate your location without being easily noticed. Users can teleport anywhere in the world, simulate movements between two or more points, and use a joystick for flexible GPS control. By using this location, Spoofer, you can teleport anywhere across the globe and catch Gyrados.
How to Teleport to Anywhere in the World with Dr. Fone –Virtual Location (iOS)
Step 1. Download, install, and launch Dr. Fone –Virtual Location (iOS) on your computer. Click the “Virtual Location” option on the main interface and connect your iPhone to the computer. Hit “Get started” to proceed.
Step 2. On the new page, click the third icon on the top-right to activate Teleport mode. Enter the place you want to move to and hit “Go.”
Step 3. Click the “Move Here” button on the subsequent pop-up. Now your location is successfully switched.
Other Tips to Get Mega Mewtwo X And Y
- When selecting your starter, be sure to plan ahead. You will be given to choosing between Fire, Water, and Grass-type as your first party member. So, don’t choose a member that brings redundant roles.
- Be careful about the first gym you pick. Most first gym leaders have some water-based moves. So, make sure your starter can survive the first attack or have a ready backup.
- Leverage Exp.Share to spread experience to your party even if it hasn’t participated in a battle.
How to Evolve to Shiny Gyarados?
Shiny Pokémon were first introduced in 2017. You will probably remember that Shiny Magikarp and Shiny Gyarados were the first releases of shiny Pokémon. Unlike the unshiny Pokémon, shiny Pokémon are hard to come by. This means an evolution to shiny Gyarados is a tough task. Some of the ways to evolve into a shiny Gyarados include:
- Egg Hatches
Since Gyarados are not available in in the game as an egg hatches, it follows that Shiny Gyarados is not also available as an egg hatch! The only way you can obtain a shiny Gyarados through egg-hatching is by hatching a shiny Magikarp. However, you should have enough candy to evolve successfully.
- Raid Battles
The good news is that shiny Gyarados can be found in the wild. So, when battling in raids, you might encounter Shiny Gyarados, and you have to take advantage. The only downside, though, is that Gyrados does not feature in the existing Pokémon appearing in raids.
- In the Wild
Gyarados tend to span more frequently in the wild during events. Although the do so, the chances of coming across a shiny one are about one in every 450. This means you will have to encounter a lot of them to find a shiny one.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking