Expert Tips for Pokemon Sun and Moon: How to Stop Evolution of Any Pokemon
If you have been playing Pokemon Sun and Moon for a while now, then you must be familiar with the evolution of Pokemons. Although the game encourages us to evolve Pokemons, there are times when we wish to avoid it due to different reasons. After playing the game for a while and getting queries about Pokemon Sun and Moon how to stop evolution, I finally decided to come up with this post. Here, I will let you know some tactics to evolve Pokemons and share details on how do you stop Pokemon from evolving in Sun and Moon.
Part 1: Pokemon Sun and Moon: The Basics
If you have just started playing Pokemon Sun and Moon, then it is important to cover some basics. This is an exclusive role-playing video game that is available for Nintendo devices. The game has extended the Pokemon universe in the Alola region, which is based on the real world’s Hawaii.
Pokemon Sun and Moon was initially released in 2017 and became a global success in a few months. It has sold over 16 million copies and is still actively played by millions of gamers. It follows the gameplay of a Pokemon trainer in the Alola region who has to catch different Pokemons and complete several missions. The game introduced 81 new Pokemons and distinguished them into sun and moon categories.
Part 2: Why You Should and Shouldn’t Evolve Pokemons in Sun and Moon?
Just like any other Pokemon-related game, Sun and Moon also emphasize on the evolution of Pokemons. Though, you should know that an evolved Pokemon is not always the best move. Here are some of its benefits and limitations that you should consider in advance.
Benefits of evolution
- An evolved Pokemon is considered a stronger Pokemon and even has better stats.
- It will help you diversify your team as sometimes one type of Pokemon can evolve into a dual-type Pokemon.
- By evolving Pokemons, you can stack up your PokeDex and enjoy the rewards related to it.
- In nutshell, it will help you improve your defense, attacks, influence, and overall gameplay a lot.
Limitations of evolution
- If you have just started the game and you are not ready for evolution, then you should avoid it.
- You won’t be able to utilize some unique skills of your baby Pokemon, which is needed in the early game.
- If the evolved Pokemon is not trained properly, then you might end up losing more.
- Some players are just more comfortable with playing a certain type of Pokemon (for instance, Ash was comfortable with Pikachu in the original anime and didn’t evolve it to Raichu).
Overall, it should be your call. You can stop a Pokemon from evolving in Sun and Moon if you are not ready and do it later on as well.
Part 3: How to Evolve Pokemons in Sun and Moon?
While it is tougher to learn how to stop evolution in Pokemon Sun and Moon, you can easily know the opposite. Here are some of the smartest tips that you can implement to evolve Pokemons in Sun and Moon in less time.
One of the simplest ways for evolving Pokemons is by completing a certain level. Once you reach the determined level for that Pokemon, you will get an option to evolve it. Here are some examples for evolution of Pokemons at different levels.
- Level 17: Litten evolves into Torracat, Rowlett evolves into Dartirix, Popplio evolves into Brionne, and so on.
- Level 20: Yungoos evolves into Gumshoos, Rattatta evolves into Raticate, and Grubbin evolves into Charjabug.
- Level 34: Brionne evolves into Primarina, Trumbeak evolves into Toucannon, and more.
Apart from attaining a determined level for Pokemons, you can also evolve them by mastering certain skills. This is a bit complicated and the skill set would change among different Pokemons. For example, at level 29 Steenee would have to learn the Stomp move to evolve.
Just like other Pokemon games, you can also use specific items to evolve a Pokemon. The most common item would be the evolution stone that can instantly help you evolve any Pokemon. Besides that, there are specific items for some Pokemons. For instance, Thunder Stone can help you evolve Pikachu into Raichu, Ice Stone can evolve Vulpix into Ninetales, and Leaf Stone can evolve Exeggcute into Exeggutor.
Lastly, you can try to exchange Pokemons in the game that would improve your chances of evolving them. Also, if the Pokemon has reached the maximum happiness level, then it would be evolved. Some of these Pokemons that can be evolved by reaching max happiness are Munchlax, Chansey, Meowth, Pichu, etc.
Part 4: How to Stop Evolution in Pokemon Sun and Moon?
After listing different ways to evolve a Pokemon, let’s learn how to stop a Pokemon from evolving in Sun and Moon. Ideally, you can halt the evolution process manually and get an everstone for that.
Stop evolution manually
This is the easiest trick for Pokemon Sun and Moon on how to stop evolution and you can implement it as many times as you want. When the Pokemon is evolving, just press and hold the “B” key on your Nintendo. This will automatically halt the evolution process and will present the same screen during the next level (when evolution can be done). Similarly, you can press the B key again to skip evolution.
When you wish to evolve the Pokemon instead, don’t halt the process by pressing the B key on the keypad.
An everstone is another useful item in Pokemon that can stop the evolution of any Pokemon. Simply make your Pokemon hold it and it won’t be evolved. If you want to evolve the Pokemon later on, then just take the stone away. You can find everstone sprinkled all over the Alola region in Sun and Moon.
- You can obtain an everstone by visiting the Pokemon shop and exchanging it for 16 BP.
- There are several wild Pokemons that can yield everstone, like Geodude, Boldore, Graveler, and Roggenrola.
- You can also find everstone at specific places on the map. For instance, if you visit the Hau’oli City, then go to Ilima’s house. Now, go to the second floor, left room, battle Ilima, and win an everstone.
Now when you know all the essential details about Pokemon evolution for Sun and Moon, you can easily be a pro. Besides listing some tips to evolve Pokemons, I have also provided solutions on how to stop a Pokemon from evolving in Sun and Moon. You can also weigh the pros and cons of evolving Pokemons to make up your mind. Go ahead and try these techniques for Pokemon Sun and Moon and learn how to stop their evolution like a pro!
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking