Want to Become a PvP Poke Master? Here are Some Pro Tips for Pokemon Go PvP Battles
“How to plan the PvP Pokemon matches and are there some strategies that I need to implement in the PoGo PvP battles?”
Ever since the Pokemon Go PvP mode has been introduced by Nintendo, there has been a lot of confusion among the players. Ideally, you can partake in a Pokemon PvP battle locally or remotely. It is a 3 vs. 3 battle in which you have to select your best Pokemons to fight with other trainers. To help you become a PvP Poke master, I have come up with this detailed guide that will certainly come in handy.
Part 1: Pro Strategies to Follow in PvP Pokemon Go Battles
If you want to be good at the Pokemon Go PvP battles, then you must understand how the game works. Once you are ready, I would recommend some of these Pokemon PvP strategies that are followed by pro players.
Tip 1: Start from the low leagues
As you know, there are three different leagues to participate in Pokemon Go PvP battles. If you are a beginner or don’t have too many Pokemons, then you should start from the lower categories and gradually climb your way up. You can find these three categories in the PoGo PVP mode:
- Great League: Max 1500 CP (per Pokemon)
- Ultra League: Max 2500 CP (per Pokemon)
- Master League: No CP limit
The Master Leagues is mostly reserved for pro players since there is no CP limit for Pokemons. The Great League is the best category to learn and try different Pokemon combinations.
Tip 2: Master all the Battle Moves
Ideally, there are four different moves in any PvP Poke battle that you must master. The more battles you partake in, the better you would become.
- Fast attacks: These are the basic attacks that are done more frequently than others.
- Charge attack: Once your Pokemon has enough energy, you can do a charge attack that would do more damage.
- Shield: This would shield your Pokemon from the enemy attacks. In the starting, you would only get 2 shields per battle.
- Swapping: Since you get 3 Pokemons, don’t forget to swap them during the battle. You can only swap Pokemons once in every 60 seconds.
Tip 3: Check your Opponent’s Pokemons
This has to be the most important thing that you should check before you start any Pokemon Go PvP battle. Right before starting the battle, you can check a list of the prospective opponents in your league. You can have a glimpse of their main Pokemons and pick your Pokemons accordingly so that you can counter their picks.
Tip 4: Know the current Meta
In nutshell, Meta Pokemons are the ones that are considered superior to other picks since they are more powerful. You might already know that some Pokemons are just stronger than others. Since Nintendo keeps balancing Pokemons with constant nerfs and buffs, you should do some research in advance.
There are several sources like the Silph Arena, PvPoke, and Pokebattler that you can check to know the current meta Pokemons.
Tip 5: Shield Baiting Strategy
This is one of the most effective Pokemon Go PvP strategies that you must try. You might already know that there are two kinds of charged attacks a Pokemon can do (mild and strong). During the battle, you need to first poke your enemy and have enough energy for both moves.
Now, instead of going with your ultimate attack, only perform the mild one. Your opponent might assume that you are going for an ultimate and would use their shield instead. Once their shield is used, you can go for a stronger attack to win.
Tip 6: Learn to Counter Fast Moves
To make the most of your shield and energy levels, you should learn how to counter moves. The first way to do this is by picking your Pokemons wisely. Your Pokemon would automatically get less damage if it can counter your opponent’s Pokemon.
During any PvP Poke battle, keep a count of your opponent’s moves to calculate when they would do a charged attack. Since you would only get 2 shields at the starting of the battle, make sure that you only use them at the time of need.
Tip 7: Sacrifice Swap
This might sound surprising, but sometimes we have to sacrifice a Pokemon in a fight to win the battle. For instance, you can consider sacrificing a Pokemon that is at low energy and won’t be of much help later.
In this way, you can swap it in the battle and let it take all the charge attack of your opponent. Once the Pokemon is sacrificed and has drained the opponent’s Pokemon, you can place another Pokemon to claim the victory.
Part 2: What Changes should be implemented in Pokemon Go PvP?
Even after the much-anticipated release of PoGo PvP, a lot of players are not satisfied with it. If Nintendo wants to improve Pokemon PvP and make their players happy, then the following changes should be made.
- The PvP Poke battles are based on the CP level of Pokemons instead of their IV levels, which is something most of the players dislike.
- Nintendo should focus on making the battles smoother as a lot of players encounter unwanted bugs and glitches.
- Apart from that, players also complain about unfair matchmaking in which pro players are often matched against beginners.
- The overall pool of Pokemons is not balanced – if a player has meta Pokemons then they can easily win the game.
- The PoGo PvP battles are more centric on the picks and less on the actual battle. Players would like more strategic moves and in-battle options to help them fight.
Part 3: How to Select the Best Pokemons for PvP Battles?
During any Pokemon PvP battle, the type of Pokemons you pick can either make or break the results. Firstly, consider the following things in mind before you start any PvP Poke battle.
- Team composition
Try to come up with a balanced team that would have both defensive and attacking Pokemons. Also, you should include Pokemons of different types in your team.
- Focus on attacks
Presently, some attacks like thunderbolt are considered extremely strong in PoGo PvP battles. You should get to know about all the major attacks of your Pokemons to pick the best ones.
- Consider Pokemon Stats
Most importantly, you should be aware of the defense, attack, IV, CP, and all the vital stats of your Pokemons to pick the best ones in the league of your choice. Besides that, you should also do some research about the Meta tier in Pokemon PvP to know the best picks of the present time.
Most of the experts consider the following points while picking any Pokemon in PvP battles.
Firstly, focus on getting a Pokemon that can help you maintain a lead in the battle right from the start. You can consider getting Altaria, Deoxys, or Mantine as they are the strongest attackers.
If you want to fight more aggressively in the Pokemon PvP battle, then consider getting some attackers like Bastiodon, Medicham, and Whiscash.
While making your Pokemon PvP team, make sure that you have at least one strong defender like Froslass, Zweilous, or Swampert.
In the end, make sure that you have a perfect Pokemon that can end the battle and secure a win. Pokemons like Azymarill, Umbreon, and Skarmory are some of the best closers.
Part 4: Secrets about the new Mechanics in PvP Pokemon Go Battles
Lastly, if you want to level up in PvP Poke battles, then you should get to know about these three important mechanisms.
Make sure that you keep an eye on the DTP and EPT values as they would indicate how much damage and energy is left. In the new mechanism, everything is about taking turns in 0.5 seconds. This will help you not only counter but also implement your moves before your opponent.
You might already know that every Pokemon starts with 100-value energy. While switching Pokemons, make sure that you remember their energy value as that would be retained later on. The energy value of every Pokemon will also help you make a charged move in time.
Switching is another strategic account in the new mechanism of Pokemon PvP battles in which we enter new Pokemons to the battle. Please note that the switching action has a 60-second cooldown window and you would only get 12 seconds to choose your next Pokemon.
There you go! I’m sure that after reading this post, you would be able to know every important thing about PvP Poke battles. From the meta Pokemons for PvP battles to essential mechanisms, I have listed it all in this guide. Now, it is time for you to implement these tips and become a Pokemon Go PvP champion in no time!
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking