How can I catch the regional Pokémon without traveling
The main goal that the designers of Pokémon Go had in mind for the past few years was to create a framework that prompts players to get off their loungers and go into the real world in search of Pokémon. If you are wondering why there are certain types of Pokémon enlisted as ‘blanks’ in your Pokedex and you haven’t yet found them, it’s probably because they are marked as ‘regional’ types. This means that these Pokémon are exclusively locked in select regions around the world. Don’t Panic! You don’t have to spend a boat load of cash in order to catch these special regional Pokémon as there are tricks you can apply to catch them without even stepping out of your kitchen.
Part 1: List of the regional Pokémon that has been announced
Since the game publishers released these special regional Pokémon, they have been locked in their geo-specific locations around the world. There is a set or pair of regional Pokémon for each generation that has been introduced into the game. Regions may not be defined by real-time borders but are divided according to the type of the Pokémon and place they are more likely to spawn.
These places maybe specific to countries (Tauros spawn in the US), specific to a continent (Mr.Mime Spawn in Europe), specific to a region (Corsola spawn in the Tropics) and even certain halves of the planet (Lunastone and Solrock spawn in the Southern half and Northern half of the equator, respectively). These Pokémon are not necessarily rare spawn types. If you are travelling in their region, they may pop-up quite frequently. You should take note that regional Pokémon won’t become available in Gyms or in Nests since they will only spawn in the wild. However, you can yet find them through eggs but only in their specific regions.
There are some exceptions among the regionals as well. These exceptions are known to swap their spawn locations or drop out of regional exclusivity like Zangoose and Seviper, or Minun and Plusle. Some regional Pokémon may also turn up in special in-game events like how Farfetch’d spawned during the 2017 Pokémon Go Travel Challenge.
If you are not a frequent traveler or know fellow trainers who are willing to trade their regional Pokémon then you may need to be patient and follow a few extra steps in order to get your hands on these rare types of Pokémon.
List of different Regional Pokémon – Where and How to Catch them All!
As of now there are over 40 different regional Pokémon divided across generations that can be captured or hatched only in specific expanses of the world. There are of course occasional overlaps of Pokémon slipping out of their region and into other sectors. Let’s get into the list of all the region specific Pokémon of different generations and where to find them.
Gen 1/ Kanto Pokémon:
- Taouros: North America.
- Farfetch’d: Asia.
- Mr. Mime: Europe.
- Kangashkhan: Australia/Pacific.
Gen 2/ Johto Pokémon:
- Heracross: South America/ Southern Florida.
- Corsola: Equatorial Latitudes.
Gen 3/ Hoenn Pokémon:
- Tropius: The Middle East and Africa.
- Torkoal: Southeast Asia.
- Volbeat: Europe, Australia and Asia.
- Relicanth: The Cook Islands/New Zealand.
- Solrock: Currently America and Africa. Switches with Lunastone.
- Lunastone: Currently Europe and Asia. Switches with Solrock.
- Illumise: America and Africa.
- Seviper: Currently America and Africa. Switches with Zangoose.
- Zangoose: Currently Europe, Australia and Asia. Switches with Seviper.
Gen 4/ Sinnoh Pokémon:
- Pachirisu: Canada.
- Chatot: Southern Hemisphere.
- Shellos: Pink Variant – Western Hemisphere. Blue Variant – Eastern Hemisphere.
- Carnivine: Southeastern United States.
- Uxie: Available on select raid periods. Asia and Pacific.
- Azelf: Available on select raid periods. America.
- Mesprit: Available on select raid periods. Middle East, Africa and India.
Gen 5/ Unova Pokémon:
- Pansear: The Middle East, Africa, India and Europe.
- Pansage: Asia/Pacific.
- Heatmor: Western Hemisphere. Switches with Durant.
- Durant: Eastern Hemisphere. Switches with Heatmor.
Part 2: How to use drfone virtual location to catch Regional Pokémon
Catching regionally exclusive Pokémon requires you to travel to that location or region where the Pokémon is located, as it was originally intended by the game. Remember that Pokémon Go functions by tracking your location via GPS. Your GPS however, is a virtual means of tracking your IP address which can be faked using the right mock GPS and VPN. You can use a mock virtual location to fake your actual location and make it seem like you’re travelling around the world. The game itself would be tricked, allowing you to travel to regions and get your hands on those geo-exclusive Pokémon.
To get the best out of your mock location and also to avoid the risk of hitting a light ban on your account, Dr.Fone Virtual Location by Wondershare has been reviewed as a Mock GPS you can easily rely on. It offers a number of features which can come in handy while faking your location such as adjusting the speed so that it may seem like you’re actually travelling, you can use a 360 degree virtual joystick for manual control over your movements and you can also select specific routes on the map on which you want your in-game avatar to move on.
Step by Step Tutorial:
You can follow these easy steps to set up and access your Dr.Fone Virtual Location in an instant and teleport to anywhere in the world.
Step 1: Download the Program
Download Dr.Fone – Virtual Location. Install and launch the program. Click ‘Virtual Location’ to get access to the options window.
Step 2: Connect Device
Get the USb cable and connect your iPhone to the PC. And then click ‘Get Started’ to proceed.
Step 3: Check Location
When the location map opens on, click on ‘Centre On’ to accurately pin point the GPS to your location.
Step 4: Activate teleport mode
Now, click on the icon given at the upper right hand corner. Enter your desired location on the upper right field and then click ‘Go’.
Step 5: Start Teleporting
Once the location of your choice pops up, click ‘Move here’ in the pop up box.
Once the location has been changed, you can center your GPS or move the location on your device, it will still be set to the location you have selected.
Part 3: Tips to help catch Regional Pokémon
Catching regional Pokémon is just like catching any regular Pokémon. When they spawn near your location, you catch it by throwing a Poke ball at it. If the Poke ball is seen shaking, it means that the Pokémon is resisting and may just pop out from the ball in which case you may have to throw another one at it. Now, if you are travelling and you have limited time or number spawns then here a few tips you can utilize to enhance your chances of landing a catch.
- Curve Ball: Practice your curve ball throws. Throwing a curve ball automatically increases your chances of preventing a Pokémon from slipping through your hands, plus you also get a 17x bonus with each successful curve catch.
- Maximize your Medals: Medals increases your performance in the game without costing you any extra resources like Great balls, Ultra Balls or Razz Balls. So, try and max out your medals to increase your chances of catching rare Pokémon, especially the exclusive ones.
- Keep Consistent: The algorithm of the game is quite complex but eventually a pattern emerges. You will notice if that if you keep practicing with great or excellent catches with the smaller (low XP) Pokémon, it increases your chances of catching the ones that put up a fight.
- Save your Berries: Feeding a Pokémon with Razz Berries increases your assurances of catching the Pokémon while also giving you 15x bonus when you land a successful catch. Save your berries for those persistent Pokémon spawns.
- Use Powerful Poke balls: Last but definitely not the least, use powerful balls like the Great Ball or Ultra Ball to maximize your chances of catching Pokémon. You should also remember that these are diminishable resources so use them wisely. On catching a Pokémon with a Great ball you will get 15x and with an Ultra ball you would get 2x so utilize them accordingly to catch rare and super rare Pokémon.
The journey to completing your Pokedex may not be a short one as there are hundreds of Pokémon out there, and even hundreds more yet to be introduced into the game. Travelling the world in search of the rarest regional Pokémon is meant to be a fun and exciting experience, yet it may not be viable for some who wish to enjoy the game to the fullest. Utilizing a fake GPS and VPN can bridge the gaps in your Pokedex and keep the game fun for you at the same time. So keep playing and catching Pokémon as there are loads of other exciting instalments yet to be introduced by Niantic in the future.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Fake Gps on social Media
- Fake Whatsapp location
- Fake Tinder gps
- Fake snapchat gps
- Pokemon go joystick on android no root
- Flg Pokemon go
- Fake GPS on Android
- Spoofing pokemon go on Android
- hatch eggs in pokemon go without walking
- Fake Gps on Android
- Fake Gps on pokemon go
- Change iOS device location