10 FAQs About Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Go That You Should Know
"A while back, after defending a Pokestop, I caught my first Shadow Pokemon. But why is their CP so low and can I use them without purifying?"
If you have also caught a Shadow Pokemon Go, then you can encounter a similar doubt as well. As it has only been a year since Shadow Pokemons in Pokemon Go has been introduced, a lot of players don't know much about them. Without any ado, I'm going to answer these commonly asked questions about new Shadow Pokemon in the game right away!
- Part 1: What is a Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 2: Is There a Benefit for Keeping Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 3: Which Pokemon can be a Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 4: How many Shadow Pokemons are there?
- Part 5: How to Get a Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 6: Are Shadow Pokemons Stronger?
- Part 7: Should I keep a Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 8: Can I Evolve a Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 9: Should I Purify a Perfect Shadow Pokemon?
- Part 10: Is it Worth Purifying a Shadow Pokemon?
Part 1: What is a Shadow Pokemon?
The concept of Shadow Pokemon was introduced in the game last year when Team Rocket started raiding Pokestops. Once you defend a Pokestop by defeating a Team Rocket grunt, they will leave behind a Shadow Pokemon. You can see a purple aura around them with their eyes turned red.
It is believed that Shadow Pokemons were originated from the Orre region when scientists were able to shut down the hearts of Pokemons artificially. This got Team Rocket to use these Pokemons for wrongful purposes, but we can later purify Shadow Pokemons in Pokemon Go to fix them.
Part 2: Is There a Benefit for Keeping Shadow Pokemon?
Ideally, there are two main reasons for keeping a Team Rocket Shadow Pokemon Go. Since they look so cool with their purple aura, they would be an ideal addition to your Pokemon collection.
Initially, the CP of Shadow Pokemons is low and that's why some players don't like to collect them. Nevertheless, once you purify them, their CP will drastically increase and boost their IV stats as well. This would make them a much better fighter than a usual Pokemon.
Part 3: Which Pokemon can be a Shadow Pokemon?
Ideally, any Pokemon can be a Shadow Pokemon in the game. The best way to identify them is by looking at their eyes (as they would be red) and they would also have a purple aura. If the Pokemon has been owned by Team Rocket, then it can be a Shadow Pokemon. The game keeps adding different Pokemons under this category every now and then.
Part 4: How many Shadow Pokemons are there?
Presently, there are almost a hundred Pokemons that can have a Shadow Pokemon form. Since Niantic keeps updating Shadow Pokemons, chances are that you might get some new Pokemons in this category ahead. Here are some of these Shadow Pokemons that you can catch in Pokemon Go presently.
Please note that we can only catch a base Shadow Pokemon (and not their evolved version) in the game as of now.
Part 5: How to Get a Shadow Pokemon?
To catch a Shadow Pokemon, you have to visit a Pokestop that has been raided by a Team Rocket grunt. Now, you have to defend the Pokestop from them to take back its control. Once a Team Rocket grunt would leave, you can see a shadow Pokemon nearby. Later, you can catch this Pokemon just like you catch any other Pokemon.
Tip: How to Catch Shadow Pokemons remotely?
Since it is not feasible to visit so many Pokestops and gyms to catch a Shadow Pokemon, you can consider spoofing your device location. To change your iPhone location, you can use a reliable tool like dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS). With just a single click, you can change your location to anywhere in the world. Just visit its "Teleport Mode", look for the target address, and adjust the pin to spoof your location to an exact place.
Besides that, you can also use the application to simulate your movement in a route. There is a GPS joystick that you can further use to simulate your movement in a realistic manner. The location spoofer for iPhone is extremely easy to use and does not need jailbreak access on the device as well.
Part 6: Are Shadow Pokemons Stronger?
When you catch a new Shadow Pokemon, it will have a lower CP than a standard Pokemon. Therefore, at first glance, they might look weaker. Though, when you purify them (by spending stardust and candy), it would significantly increase their IV (Individual Value). Not only would they be cheaper to upgrade, but they will also have improved CP. This will result in more damage dealing to the enemy with charged attacks.
Part 7: Should I keep a Shadow Pokemon?
Although it is a personal decision, most of the experts recommend keeping a Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Go. This is because they are cheaper to upgrade and once purified, they can deal more damage to the enemy Pokemon. Not just that, they are just cooler to look at and would certainly enhance your Pokemon collection.
Part 8: Can I Evolve a Shadow Pokemon?
Yes, you can evolve a Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon Go in the same way you evolve any other Pokemon. Though, when you would try to purify the Shadow Pokemon, then you would have to spend a lot of candies and stardust. That is why it is often recommended to first purify the Pokemon and later evolve it in the usual way.
Part 9: Should I Purify a Perfect Shadow Pokemon?
Even if you have a perfect Shadow Pokemon, it is recommended to purify it since it will make the Pokemon more alive and natural. Not just that, the stats of your Shadow Pokemon will significantly increase after purifying it. To purify a Pokemon Go Team Rocket Shadow Pokemon, just launch the card of the specific Pokemon. Here, you can view the number of candies and stardust you are needed to spend to purify the Pokemon. Just tap on the "Purify" button now and confirm your choice to use it just like any other Pokemon.
Part 10: Is it Worth Purifying a Shadow Pokemon?
You should know that not all Shadow Pokemons have the same requirements for purification. While some Shadow Pokemons would only need 1000 stardust, others might demand 3000 stardust to purify them. Therefore, deciding the worth for purifying a Pokemon can be subjective. Though, in most cases, it is recommended to purify a Shadow Pokemon as it makes the Pokemon stronger than before.
There you go! I'm sure that after reading this post, you would be able to know more about Pokemon Go Team Rocket Shadow Pokemon. Since it is not feasible to look for a Shadow Pokemon everywhere, I would recommend using a location spoofer like dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS). Using it, you can fight with Team Rocket grunts and catch tons of Shadow Pokemons from the comfort of your home.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking