How to Transfer Photos from Old Android to New Android?
- Part 1. Transfer Photos from Old Android to New Android with a File Transfer Software
- Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from Old Android to New Android Using NFC
- Part 3. Transfer Photos between Android Phones by Bluetooth
- Part 4. Transfer Photos from Old to New Android Phones via Device-Specific App
Part 1. Transfer Photos from Old Android to New Android with a File Transfer Software
One way of moving your photos between android devices is through the use of file transfer software. This software enables you to connect both android devices together.
Using file transfer software to move your photos from one android device to another android device provides a secure and sure transfer window, ensuring your files won’t be lost. Reliable software you can use for this purpose is the Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer software. Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer file transfer software is topnotch and user friendly. This article will carefully lead you through the process of using this software.
Transfer Everything from Android/iPhone to New iPhone in 1 Click.
- It supports all the leading iOS devices, including devices running on iOS 11.
- The tool can transfer your photos, videos, contacts, messages, music, call logs, notes, bookmarks, and so much more.
- You can transfer all your data or select the type of content you wish to move.
- It is compatible with Android devices as well. This means you can easily perform a cross-platform transfer (e.g. iOS to Android).
- Extremely user-friendly and fast, it provides a one-click solution
Ensure you have a good PC where you would download and install the Dr.Fone software. When the software has installed, go to desktop home screen and double click on the icon. You can follow the steps below to start a file transfer.
Step 1. Click on “Switch” module after you open Dr.Fone toolkit
Step 2. Connect both phones to PC and select "Photos"
Using a good USB cable, connect both old and new devices to your PC. When that is done, a list of data that can be transferred will appear. Choose "Photos" and this will move your photos from the source device to the destination device. You can also change both device between “source” and “Destination” by using the “Flip” button.
Step 3. Click "Start Transfer"
Click on the button "Start Transfer". Keep phones connected. Dr.Fone starts to transfer photos. Go to view trabsferred photos on the destination phone until it completes.
Near Field Communication(NFC) is a technology that supports Android Beam and is ideal for transferring data between android devices by just pressing their backs together. It is a fast and simple program that requires both devices to NFC-capable. This means they are able to communicate with each other when their fields are near. This communication is made possible through radio frequencies. Most devices have NFC hardware integrated underneath their panel.
NFC can be found in almost every android device. In the past, it was easy to identify devices with NFC as such devices usually had NFC printed somewhere in the back of the devices, most tines on the battery pack. But since most android devices don’t have a removable back, there is an alternative to checking if your device is NFC enabled.
- On your Android device, tap on “Settings” and click on “More” located under “Wireless and Networks” .
- Another method of checking is by opening settings menu and tapping on the search icon. Type in “NFC”. If your phone is capable, it will show up. The NFC function works hand-in-hand with the android beam. NFC may not work at optimal levels if android beam is “off”.
This would take you to a screen where you should find the NFC and android beam options as depicted in the image below. At this stage enable both options if any or both have been disabled. If the NFC option doesn’t appear, it then means your device does not have Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality.
To Transfer Photos from your old android device to a new android device, ensure both devices support NFC using the method explained above. Once this is confirmed, use Android beam to access the photos you want to transfer to your new android device.
- To select multiple photos, long press on a photo. Then choose the photos you want to transfer to new android device. When you are done selecting, you can begin the beaming process.
- Next, place both devices against each other, back to back.
- At this stage, both an audio sound and visual message will appear, acting as confirmation that both devices have found each other’s radio waves.
- Now, on your old android device, the screen will reduce to a thumbnail and a “Touch to beam” message will pop up at the top.
- Finally, when the beaming is complete, you will hear an audio sound. This is to confirm completion of the process. Alternatively, instead of an audio confirmation, the application on your new android device to which the photos were sent will automatically launch and display the beamed content.
To begin beaming, you must touch the screen on your old android device from where the photos are been sent. A sound will alert you that beaming has started.
To ensure a successful transfer, make sure devices are not locked neither should the screen be turned off. Also both devices should be kept back-to-back throughout the duration of the transfer.
Part 3. Transfer Photos between Android Phones by Bluetooth
The Presence of Bluetooth technology in phones is as old as android itself. The use of this technology offers another method that you can employ in transferring your photos from your old android device to your new android device. It is a short and simple method that is known to most android users.
The purpose of this article is to guide you through the process of successfully transferring your photos from your old android device to your new android device. This process involves navigating to the Bluetooth option on your device, connecting to your new device and initiating transfer. The steps are outlined below
- Locate the Bluetooth on both devices. Go to your Settings and click on the "Connected device “Option. Under that option, you will find Bluetooth, click on it and toggle it on. Do the same for the receiving device.
- Your device will start searching for nearby visible devices to pair with. Make Sure your new android device is visible to other devices. When your android device appears on the list of available devices on your old Android, select it to pair.
- After both devices have successfully been paired to each other, go to the folder containing the Photos your want to send to your new Android device. Select the photo or if they are more than one, long press on a photo. This will create a thumbnail. Select the photos you want to transfer and choose the share button normally depicted by this icon
- A list of option will appear. Choose Bluetooth. This will take you back to The Bluetooth application. Click on your new android device that you have previously paired with. A Message will appear on your new device asking for permission to receive the photos from your old android device. Click "Accept". This will initiate the transfer process. A progress bar at the top of your screen will show you the Progress of each transfer.
A message will pop up on your new android device, requesting permission to pair with your old android device. Click "Accept “to establish connection.
Part 4. Transfer Photos from Old to New Android Phones via Device-Specific App
Samsung Smart Switch
The Samsung smart switch software helps to Transfer Photos either by cable or wireless transfer If your Samsung device does not come with the software, you can download it here.
- Open the switch app on both Samsung devices. On the sending device, tap “Send data” and on the receiving device, tap “Receive data”.
- Now, choose either the Cable option using an OTG adapter or wireless transfer option.
- On the old Samsung device, select the data to be transferred to the new Samsung device. When you are done with this, your phone will notify the size and time length of the transfer.
- Thereafter, click on “Send” to begin the transfer of data from on device to the other.
LG Mobile Switch
LG’s mobile switch software is device specific software that allows for data transfer. Follow the steps below.
- Switch on your LG device. On the home screen, swipe left. Click on Management and tap “LG Mobile Switch”. Select the data to be transferred and tap on “agree”. A list of options will appear on how to transfer the data; select “Wireless” and tap receive. On the screen that comes up next, tap on “Start”.
- Now go to your old LG device and open the software. Click on “Send Data” and choose “send data wirelessly”. Next, tap “tap start” and choose the name of your new phone. Then click on “accept” and on the new device, tap on “receive”. Select the data to be sent and tap “Next”. This will start the transfer. When it is completed, the data would have been transferred from your old android to the new android.
Huawei devices have HiSuite, an inbuilt manager tool. This app helps users to manage the data on their Huawei devices and also to back up and restore data. To backup and restore on Huawei devices using Hisuite, follow the steps below
- Download the tool here and install. This tool is supported by windows only. Then, open the tool and connect your Huawei device to you PC by means of a USB cable.
- Go to settings app on your android device and click on “advanced settings”. Click on “security” and choose “Allow Hisuite to use HDB”. You will see the “Back Up” and “Restore” options. Click on “Back Up” and select the data you want to back up. You can encrypt your backup with a password. Then click on “Back Up”.
- Click on “Restore” to retrieve data from previous backups after selecting the backup file you want.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Get Data from Android
- Transfer from Android to Android
- Transfer from Android to BlackBerry
- Import/Export Contacts to and from Android Phones
- Transfer Apps from Android
- Transfer from Andriod to Nokia
- Android to iOS Transfer
- Transfer from Andoid to iPhone
- Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer Tool
- Transfer from Sony to iPhone
- Transfer from Motorola to iPhone
- Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPod
- Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPad
- Transfer videos from Android to iPad
- Get Data from Samsung
- Transfer Data to Samsung
- Transfer from Sony to Samsung
- Transfer from Motorola to Samsung
- Samsung Switch Alternative
- Samsung File Transfer Software
- LG Transfer
- Transfer from Samsung to LG
- Transfer from LG to Android
- Transfer from LG to iPhone
- Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to Computer
- Mac to Android Transfer