Groudon vs Kyogre: Which is Better in Pokemon Go
Now when both Groudon and Kyogre are introduced in Pokemon Go, players all over the world are excited to catch them. You might already know that Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are considered as the weather trio in Pokemon, depicting the land, ocean, and wind. Since both Groudon and Kyogre are legendary Pokemons, they are also considered extremely powerful. In this post, I will make a quick comparison between Groudon x Kyogre to help you pick the best Pokemon for your game.
Part 1: About Groudon: Stats, Attacks, and More
Groudon is known as a personification of the land and is a generation III Pokemon. It is a ground-type Pokemon with the following stats for its base version.
- Height: 11 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 2094 lbs
- HP: 100
- Attack: 150
- Defense: 140
- Speed: 90
- Attack speed: 100
- Defense speed: 90
Strengths and weaknesses
As Groudon is a legendary Pokemon, you can use it to counter almost all kinds of Pokemon. It is strongest against electric, fire, steel, rock, and poison-type Pokemons. Though, water and bug-type Pokemon are considered as their weaknesses.
Abilities and attacks
When it comes to Groudon, Drought is its most powerful ability. You can use some of its prominent attacks like mud shot, solar beam, and earthquake. If it is a dual-type Pokemon, then fire blast and dragon tail can also be used to counter enemies.
Part 2: About Kyogre: Stats, Attacks, and More
When it comes to the trio of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, Kyogre gets its energy from the ocean. It is also a generation III legendary Pokemon, which is now available in Pokemon Go and can mostly be caught via raids. To continue our Groudon x Kyogre comparison, let’s look at its base stats first.
- Height: 14 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 776 lbs
- HP: 100
- Attack: 100
- Defense: 90
- Speed: 90
- Attack speed: 150
- Defense speed: 140
Strengths and weaknesses
Since Kyogre is a water-type Pokemon, it is weakest against electric and grass-type Pokemons. Though, you would have an upper hand with Kyogre when used against fire, ice, steel, and other water type Pokemons.
Abilities and attacks
Drizzle is the most powerful ability of Kyogre that can cause a rain shower when it enters a battle. The exact attacks would depend on the Kyogre, but some of its most prominent moves are hydro pump, ice beam, water spout, and aqua tail.
Part 3: Groudon or Kyogre: Which Pokemon is Better?
Since Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza appeared at the same time, fans often like to compare them. As you can see, Groudon has better attack and defense stats so you can do more damage with it. Though, Kyogre is just a whole lot faster with its enhanced attack and defense speed. While Groudon can do more damage, Kyogre can toss it if played correctly.
Here are some other conditions that would be in factor in a Groudon x Kyogre battle.
Both these Pokemons can be boosted by weather. If it is sunny, then Groudon would be boosted while in rainy conditions, Kyogre will be boosted.
Apart from their base forms, both these Pokemons also appear in their primal conditionals. The primal condition lets them evoke their true forces of nature. While Groudon will obtain its power from the land, Kyogre will get its energy from the sea. In the primal condition, Kyogre appears to be more powerful (since 70% of the world is covered in water).
In their base condition, Groudon would have more chances of winning the fight, but in primal conditions, Kyogre might win the battle. Nevertheless, both the Pokemons are legendary and it can be a 50/50 outcome.
|Known as||Personification of land||Personification of sea|
|Weight||2094 lbs||776 lbs|
|Moves||Fire blast, dragon tail, solar beam, mud shot, and earthquake||Hydro pump, aqua tale, ice beam, water spout, and more|
|Strengths||Electric, fire, rock, steel, and poison-type Pokemons||Water, fire, ice, steel, and rock-type Pokemons|
|Weakness||Water and bug-type||Electric and grass-type|
Bonus Tip: Catch Groudon and Kyogre From Your Home
Catch Groudon and Kyogre without walking!
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Since catching Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza is a major goal for every Pokemon Go player, you can take some extra measures. As you can’t visit a raid of these Pokemon physically, you can consider using a location spoofer. In this way, you can change the location of your device, visit the raid’s location, and try to catch Groudon or Kyogre.
To do this, you can just take the assistance of Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS/Android). With a few clicks, you can teleport your iPhone’s location to any desired spot. You can look for a location by its name, address, or even its exact coordinates. Also, there is a provision to simulate your phone’s movement in a route at a preferred speed. This will let you catch Pokemon like Groudon from your home realistically on the app. Not only will it save your time and effort, but your account also won’t get flagged by Niantic.
This brings us to the end of this extensive post on Groudon x Kyogre comparison. Since both these Pokemons are legendary, catching either of them will be a goal for any Pokemon Go player. Now when you know about Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, you can explore their raid locations, and try to catch them. To do that, you can use a reliable location spoofer like dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS) that will help you catch tons of Pokemons on your iPhone from anywhere you like.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking