What Legendary Pokemons Are There In Shield And How To Get Them?
Pokemon Sword and Shield are the two popular role-playing games that were released in 2019 by The Pokemon Company for Nintendo devices. Unlike Pokemon Go, users can play them on their console and collect different Pokemons. Though, there are some legendary Pokemons in Shield that everyone likes to collect. To help you, I will list the Pokemon Shield legendary availability in this post and share detailed steps to catch them as well.
Part 1: What Legendary Pokemons are there in Shield?
Pokemon Sword and Shield has come up with some new legendary Pokemons and also included a few existing ones in the game.
Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus are the exclusive Pokemons in Sword and Shield. While Zacian is associated with Sword, Zamazenta is the mascot for Sword. Eternatus is encountered automatically in the game as you would proceed in the higher levels.
New legendaries in Shield
Apart from that, Zarude, Kubfu, and Calyrex are the latest legendary Shield Pokemons that you can encounter. Zarude is a unique grass and dark-type Pokemon while Kubfu is a fighting-type Pokemon that can be evolved. Calyrex is a psychic and grass-type Pokemon, recently released in the game.
Returning legendary Pokemons
Besides some unique Shield legendary Pokemons, you can also encounter existing legendary Pokemons from other titles. Some of these legendary Pokemons that are available in Shield are Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Null, Silvally, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regi, and more. In the upcoming update of Shield, we are expected to see more legendary Pokemons in it.
Part 2: How to Encounter a Legendary Pokemon in Shield?
Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus are the three most important legendary Pokemons in Shield. As you would proceed in the game and complete different challenges, you will automatically encounter Shield legendary Pokemons.
How to encounter Eternatus?
Eternatus is comparatively easier to encounter and catch in the game. It is a level 60 dragon and poison-type Pokemon that will help you in the long run. Once you have defeated all the 8 gym leaders and will move to the Champion Cup tournament, you can encounter Eternatus.
Right before you would challenge Leon (the champion), you will be taken back to Hammerlocke. Now, go to the gym stadium, visit the Energy Plant, and encounter Eternatus. You can already see Leon trying to capture it, but failing in the end.
That’s it! It will now be your turn to start your battle with this legendary Pokemon in Shield. Once you have depleted Eternatus of his health, you can catch him by throwing your Pokeball.
How to encounter Zacian and Zamazenta?
Zacian and Zamazenta are the two most important Pokemons in Sword and Shield and are even their mascots. Though, to encounter these legendary Shield Pokemons, you have to reach at the near-end of the game. Since this would be a tough challenge, make sure that you have at least level 60+ Pokemons.
After when you have defeated Leon in the final Championship match, you will be crowned as the new Champion of the Galar region. Though, you should not end the game now as these legendary Shield Pokemons would be waiting for you.
Once you have become the new champion, you will be taken back to your house, and will encounter Professor Magnolia. Accept a Master Ball as your reward, take the left gate, and visit the Slumbering Weald.
Afterward, you need to walk all the way to the end of the Slumbering Weald where you first found a Sword and Shield in the game. You will now encounter two brothers (Shielbert and Sordward), who would be the ruler of the land. You will have to battle them and can defeat one of the brothers.
Great! You are almost there. Now, you will head to the Wedgehurst's lab where Sonia would be monitoring the occurrence of the Dynamaxing Pokemon (triggered by the brothers). This will take you to a quest in which you have to travel all the 7 gyms again (except Spikemuth) and defeat the Dynamaxed Pokemons there.
In the end, when you would go to the Hammerlocke stadium, you can encounter Zamazenta (and Zacian) at the same spot where you battled Eternatus.
If you are playing in Shield, then you first need to counter Zacian to get a chance to encounter Zamazenta. Since both these Pokemons would be at level 70, you are recommended to use the Master Ball that you received earlier to catch them. Since it has a 100% catch rate, you would be able to get your new Shield legendary Pokemon this way.
Part 3: Other Tips to get Legendary Pokemons in Shield
By now, you would be able to catch Pokemon Shield legendary Pokemons like Zacian and Zamazenta. Besides that, you can also consider the following tips to improve your encounter of a Shield legendary in Pokemon game.
- Most importantly, always have a master ball with you till the end of the game since it will improve your chances of catching a legendary in Shield.
- A lot of players think that defeating Leon is the end of the game, which is not the case. You need to go through another quest to catch the mascot Shield legendary Pokemons.
- Before you battle a legendary Pokemon, make sure that you have all the vital Pokemons with you to counter them (of minimum level 60).
- Since Zamazenta and Zacian are both fighting-type Pokemons, you can counter them with other psychic or flying-type Pokemons.
- Make sure that you catch Eternatus early in the game as it would be a good counter to these fighting-type Pokemons.
- If you are playing Pokemon Shield, then catching Zamazenta would be an ideal scenario while try to catch Zacian in Pokemon Sword.
There you go! Now when you know how to catch legendary Pokemon in Shield, you can easily level-up in this game. A lot of players miss out on different clues and end up passing the spots of legendary Pokemons in Shield/Sword. I would recommend you to be attentive while playing the game and following the above suggestions. In this way, you can catch the Pokemon Shield legendary Pokemons for sure without much effort.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking