How to Transfer Music between different iDevices: iPhone to iPhone
What if you are gifted with a new iPhone and wish to transfer all your favorite music files from your old iPhone to the new one like iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro (Max)? You may think the question: how to transfer music from your iPhone to another?
Playing music on the iPhone is enjoyable and easy, but getting the songs transferred to the new iPhone from the old one is surely not a cakewalk. The process of music transfer between iDevices is not only tedious and boring but can be struggling as well, especially for those who were not familiar with the process.
If you are troubling with the easiest way answer of how to transfer music from an iPhone to another iPhone like iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max), the article will give three ways to answer the question: iTunes alternatives, iTunes, and home share. The best way I will recommend is using iTunes Alternative. You should:
- Download the iTunes alternative to support you importing music from iPhone to iPhone.
- Connect your two iPhones devices to Computer.
- Select songs.
- Export music from iPhone to another iPhone.
Method 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes Alternatives
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) that can be considered as a complete iOS device manager. The software allows you to transfer music, videos, photos, and other content between iOS devices, PC, and iTunes. Using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS), you can transfer purchased, non-purchased and all other downloaded and ripped music from one iOS device to another. While transferring music, the software also transfers all music elements, like ratings, ID3 tags, playlists, album artwork, and play counts. The process to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone through Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is simple and fast.
One-Stop Solution to Manage and Transfer Music for iPhone without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
Situation 1: Transfer Part of Music Selectively
Step 1. Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer. Run Dr.Fone and choose Transfer from all the features. Then connect both iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. Select Music and Export.
After the connection with the iPhone in which you want to transfer music, click "Music" at the top of the main interface to enter the default music window. The list of songs present on your iPhone will appear. Select the songs from the list, tap on the “Export” option on the top menu bar, and from the drop-down menu, select "Export to 'iPhone name'", for this case, "Export to Decepticon".
Situation 2: Transfer All of Music At One Time
If you are going to switch to a new phone and would like to transfer all data, including the music files from the old phone to the new phone like iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max), then Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer is your best option.
1-Click Phone to Phone Transfer
- Easy, fast, and safe.
- Move data between devices with different operating systems, i.e iOS to Android.
- Supports iOS devices that run the latest iOS
- Transfer photos, text messages, contacts, notes, and many other file types.
- Supports over 8000+ Android devices.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod with any iOS versions.
Step 1. Run Dr.Fone on your computer and choose Phone Transfer. Connect both your iPhones to computers. Then it will recognize your devices and display them like below.
Step 2. Make sure your old iPhone is the source device and the new iPhone like iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max) is the target device. If they're not, click on Flip. Then select Music and click Start Transfer. Just in a few minutes, all music files will be transferred to the iPhone.
Thus with the above steps, you can conveniently transfer music from iPhone to iPhone easily.Benefits of this method:
- You can transfer music from iPhone to iPhone which is not only purchased but non-purchased, downloaded, and ripped as well.
- Besides songs, the entire playlist can also be transferred.
- Duplicate files will be automatically recognized and thus only the unique ones are transferred.
- Maintains 100% original audio quality after music transfer.
- Many other bonus features to manage your iPhone.
Method 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
If you are in no mood to install any third party software and looking for ways on how to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone, then iTunes is the option for you. Using iTunes, you can transfer all your purchased songs from one iPhone to iTunes library, and then sync another iPhone to get the transferred songs. Using iTunes for music transfer is one of the most common solutions, but it has a set of limitations. The process is time-consuming and above all, it only allows transferring purchased songs. The non-purchased ripped and downloaded songs on the iPhone cannot be transferred to another iPhone through this method. Here the steps to transfer music with iTunes are given below.
Steps to Transfer Music to iPhone from iPhone with iTunes
Step 1. Launch iTunes on your PC and then connect the iPhone from which you wish to transfer purchased music.
Step 2. Transfer Purchases to iTunes library.
On the top-right corner, tap on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. The purchased music on iPhone will be transferred to the iTunes library.
Disconnect the first connected iPhone.
Step 3. Connect another iPhone and sync music
Now using the USB cable, connect the second iPhone to which you wish to get the music. Click on the iPhone icon on iTunes and then tap on the Music option. On the right panel, check the option of “Sync Music”. Next select from the option of “Entire music library” or “Selected playlist, artists, albums, and genres”.
If using the selected playlist option, select the transferred music from the first iPhone based on playlists or artists or genres. Tap on “Apply” and the music will be transferred to the iPhone.
With the above steps, you can successfully transfer music from iPhone to iPhone.Benefits of this method:
- Safe and free way to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone and between other iDevices.
- Does not require the installation of any third-party software.
- Maintains quality after the transfer.
If iTunes can't work on your computer, try the alternative way Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer. It can transfer music from iPhone to iPhone in 1 click without iTunes.
Extra Tips: Share Music Between iPhones for Free
If you are lucky and have two iPhone devices and wish to keep both of them, then there is an option where you may not need to transfer the music between them, but simply play your favorite songs from one iPhone on another using Home Sharing. In such situations, the songs will not be permanently saved on the new device like iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max), but you can only play them. Both of the iPhone devices need to be on the same WiFi network for the method to work.
Steps to share music to iPhone from iPhone with Home Sharing
Step 1. On iPhone having songs ( iPhone 1), click on Settings > Music and scroll down and look for the “Home Sharing” option.
Step 2. Now, enter the Apple ID along with the password and click on “Done”.
Repeat the above process on another iPhone (iPhone 2) on which you wish to enjoy the music.
Step 3. Now on iPhone 2, open the Music from the home screen and then click on “Songs” or “Albums” and then select the Home Sharing option. The music library of the iPhone 1 will load on iPhone 2 and you can select the desired song and play.
Alternatively, if Apple Music is not used, then you need to click on More > Shared and then click on the Library that you wish to enjoy.Benefits of this method:
- It does not require any software installation on your PC to transfer or play music.
- It allows playing music without transferring from one iPhone to another.
- Music can be played from one iPhone to another without occupying any space on the second iPhone.
Depending upon your requirements, you can select any one of the above ways to transfer music from an old iPhone to iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max) or an earlier model.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Download Music to iOS
- 1. Download Music to iPhone
- 2. Download Songs on iPhone/iPad/iPod
- 3. Download Free Music on iPhone
- 4. Download on iPhone without iTunes
- Make iPhone Ringtones
- 1. Set Voice Memo a Ringtone on iPhone
- 2. Ringtone Apps to Download Ringtones
- 3. Add Custom Ringtones to iPhone
- 4. iPhone Ringtone Apps
- 5. Ringtone Maker Apps for iPhone
- 6. Change iPhone Alarm Volume
- 7. Set A Ringtone on iPhone
- 8. Set MP3 As Ringtone iPhone
- 9. Set Ringtone iPhone
- 10. Make Custom Text Tones for iPhone
- 11. Websites for Free iPhone Ringtones
- 12. Move Ringtone from iPhone to Android
- 13. Popular iPhone Ringtone Remix
- Transfer Audio Media to iPhone
- 1. Send Ringtone from iPhone to iPhone
- 2. Transfer MP3 to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Audiobook from PC to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Songs from CD to iPhone
- 5. Put Ringtones on iPhone
- Transfer Music from iPhone
- 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iCloud
- 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to Android
- 3. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod
- 4. Put Music on iPhone from Computer
- 5. Add Music to iPhone from Computer
- Transfer Music from iTunes
- 1. Transfer Music from iTunes to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Music from Laptop to iPhone
- Transfer Music to iPhone
- 1. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Music from PC to iPhone
- 4. Music from PC to iPhone without iTunes
- 5. Transfer Music from Android to iPhone
- 6. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone
- 7. Transfer Music from iPod/iPhone
- 8. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone
- 9. Transfer Music from External Hard Drive
- 10. Transfer to iPhone without iTunes
- 11. Transfer Music to Jailbroken iPhone
- 12. Transfer Music to iPhone
- Transfer Music to iTunes/PC
- 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
- 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to PC
- 3. Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac
- 4. Transfer Music between PC and iPhone
- iPhone Music Problems
- 1. Song Missing After iOS Update
- 2. Music Won't Play on iPhone
- 3. iPhone Plays Music by Itself
- 4. Apple Music Song Is Not Available
- iPhone Music Tips