Thinking About Changing Your Netflix Region Without a VPN? Here's How
Netflix is easily one of the most popular streaming apps available today. It offers a huge library of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more. However, the content you want to watch on Netflix depends on the country where you live.
The traditional method of circumventing region-locked content on Netflix is simply utilizing a VPN. You can also change Netflix country restrictions without it, but it will require a bit of work. If you're interested to know how to change the Netflix region without a VPN, follow our quick article below to learn more.
- Part 1: Netflix and Geo-Restrictions
- Part 2: Will Netflix Ban My Account If I Use a VPN?
- Part 3: Can You Change Your Netflix Region Without a VPN?
Part 1: Netflix and Geo-Restrictions
Netflix offers subscribers a wide range of content, but their library varies per region due to licensing and copyright agreements. The service price sometimes costs less in other countries, which is why using VPNs to save money on subscriptions are highly popular.
Part 2: Will Netflix Ban My Account If I Use a VPN?
If you're wondering if Netflix bans accounts that use VPN, the answer is “No, they don't”. On the other hand, Netflix will block access to content if it detects that you're connected to VPN. If this happens, simply turn off your VPN or try connecting to different servers on your VPN and retry.
Part 3: Can You Change Your Netflix Region Without a VPN?
There are multiple ways to change your location on Netflix without a VPN, whether you're on your computer, iPhone, or Android. You can use a smart DNS service, a Proxy Server, or a Tor browser to connect to a country you want to access. Follow our guide below to change country on Netflix now without a VPN.
Method 1: Using a Smart DNS
Utilizing Smart DNS to change country on Netflix without VPN actually works in the same way. This is because Smart DNS re-routes your connection through a server in a different country. Keep in mind that Smart DNS is still a service and will require a subscription from a Smart DNS provider.
Step 1: Find and select a DNS Server address from different online DNS providers. In this example, you'll see using SurfShark.
Step 2: Register your IP address on your selected provider and obtain the appropriate DNS Server Address on your account.
Step 3: Open Networking settings on your computer, iPhone, PlayStation, or Xbox and find DNS Settings (the image below is an example for the Windows system).
Step 4: Input your DNS Server address. Click Ok once done and restart your computer. The DNS address should activate once you reconnect to the internet.
- DNS servers are faster than a usual internet connection, so you can enjoy streaming at high connection speeds.
- DNS Servers don't encrypt your traffic or hide your IP address.
- DNS doesn't carry your information, as the server side will only see the IP address where the query came from, which hackers can manipulate.
Method 2: Using a Proxy Server
Proxy Servers work the same as VPNs as it routes traffic to a third-party server. However, like DNS, Proxy Servers don't encrypt data but can mask your IP address. Here are the steps to watch NetFlix with a Proxy Server.
Step 1: Search for Proxy Settings on your computer.
Step 2: Choose between Automatic or Manual proxy setup.
Step 3A: For Automatic proxy setup, turn on Automatically detect settings and Use setup script. Afterward, enter the Script address and click Save.
Step 3B: For Manual proxy setup, click Use a proxy server. Input Address and Port numbers. Click Save afterward.
To change Proxy on mobile phones, change your phone's proxy settings. Your Netflix app will automatically copy your phone's proxy settings if done correctly.
- Proxy Servers mask your IP address retaining anonymity.
- Proxies improve web browsing performance, especially when downloading large files.
- Proxy Servers don't encrypt data.
Method 3: Using a Tor Browser
For the unfamiliar, Tor is an open-source network that encrypts your connection while stopping trackers from following your activity. Here are the steps to start using Tor Browser to watch Netflix without a VPN.
Step 1: Download and install Tor Browser.
Step 2: Launch Tor Browser and click Connect.
Step 3: Go to Netflix.com and log in to your account.
Tor Browser is available across all major platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
- Tor is completely free to use.
- Your browsing history automatically gets deleted.
- You can't control the region you have access to, so your Netflix content is not guaranteed to have what you're looking for.
Changing your Netflix region with or without a VPN certainly has its perks. This is because you can watch your favorite series unavailable to your country to maximize your streaming access. Choosing a country with a lower subscription price also saves you money.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking