How to Fix My iPhone Location Is Wrong
GPS navigation has changed a lot of the things that we do on a day-to-day basis. It has alleviated all the concerns that you would usually have before going to do an errand, visiting a new location, or going on a road trip with your friends. Instead of planning your route a few days in advance, you can find the safest route with just a few taps on your phone, giving you more time to focus on other things.
While using your phone to track your current location, you might have noticed that it is not showing you the correct location. It will confuse you but it does happen from time to time, and there will be fixes that you can do get to track properly. There are also multiple factors that you will need to consider when you encounter an issue where your phone has shown you a completely different location compared to where you are. We will talk about those possible issues and how you can fix them and get them to work properly again.
Part 1: Why is My Location Wrong on My iPhone?
As we have mentioned earlier, there are multiple reasons why your location is not being tracked accurately by your phone. We understand how crucial to ensure that the location is accurate, especially if you are using this to send someone something or if you plan to go somewhere.
Reason #1: The location services are disabled on your phone.
The most basic common reason as to why your current location is wrong is that you could have disabled the GPS or location services on your phone.
Reason #2: Internet connectivity on your mobile is unstable.
Another common issue as to why your location is wrong on your phone is that your mobile's connectivity is unstable. This could be due to your mobile provider, or the location that you currently are in might not have any stable internet connection and is causing your location to be wrong.
Reason #3: Your mobile phone might not be updated.
Another reason your phone has the incorrect location would be that your phone is updated to the latest software update. The software update will usually include fixes to the old software update's bugs.
Reason #4: The “Location Services” might not be enabled for the application.
If you have not enabled the application to use the GPS, then it will not show you the correct location. Make sure to check whether this application can access the “Location Services” by following the steps below.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Location Accuracy Issue?
Now that you know the possible causes of why you have an incorrect location, we will not share with you the fixes that you can do to get a more accurate location when you use your phone.
Option #1: Enable the “Location Services” on your phone.
To fix the wrong location issue, you will need to check that your “Location Services” are turned on. You can enable the “Location Services” by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and choose “Privacy”.
- Step 2: After, you can look for “Location Services” and enable it.
Option #2: Update your iOS to the latest update.
It is important to regularly update your phone with the recent software updates to prevent any inaccurate locations on your phone.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and look for “General”.
- Step 2: Look for “Software Update”, from there you will see whether you have the latest iOS. If your phone is not updated, then you can go ahead and update it.
Option #3: If you are using another application, make sure that the application is updated as well.
Similar to your iOS, the application needs to also be updated, so double-check if the application needs to be updated as well. You can do this by going to the App Store and checking if the application needs to be updated and if it does, do update the app and you can retry tracking your location after.
Option #4: Enable the “Location Services” for your phone.
Double-check if the location services are turned on on your phone so it will show you an accurate location.
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” on your phone and scroll down to look for “Privacy” then tap on it.
- Step 2: Next, click on “Location Services” and check to see whether the location is turned on. If it is turned on, turn it off and back on again.
Bonus Tip: Easy Way to Fake Your GPS Location on iPhone (NO Jailbreak)
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
If you have exhausted all of the tips that we have shared above and still the location is incorrect, you can try an alternative fix with our product, “Dr. Fone - Virtual Location”. With this, you can share a temporary or fake location with anyone without needing to do jailbreaking for your phone.
“Dr. Fone - Virtual Location” (https://drfone.wondershare.com/virtual-location-changer.html) allows you to share or use a fake location with your friends. You can use this application as a temporary fix for the incorrect location on your phone, security, or your location-based AR games or applications. Using this application is also easy and requires just a few steps. You can use this application by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Download the “Dr. Fone - Virtual Location” software on your laptop. Open and choose “Virtual Location”.
- Step 2: You can then connect your phone to your computer and click on “Get Started”.
- Step 3: You will then be redirected to your current location on the new page.
- Step 4: If you want to change your location, you will need to turn on the “Teleportation” mode by clicking on the first icon and typing the location that you want then click on the “Go” icon.
- Step 5: Click on “Move Here” and your current location will show up as the location that you typed on your mobile phone.
You can watch the video below to fix your iPhone location with Wondershare Dr.Fone
There are the things that you can do when you have an incorrect location on your phone. If you ever encounter any issues with inaccurate locations in your iPhone, you can try all of the tips and fixes that we have shared in this article. You can also send a fake or spoof location to your friends in case you cannot get the incorrect location fixed immediately by using our product, “Dr. Fone - Virtual Location”, one of the most safest and reliable tools for fake locations. You can ensure the privacy and safety of your location and your phone.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking