How to Fix iPhone Hotspot Not Showing Up on PC?
The iPhone offers a host of features, including the hotspot, which you can use to provide internet to other devices. Besides, only some smart devices can have a SIM card. This is why you have to use your iPhone's hotspot from time to time.
Sometimes, you might need to get your iPhone out of recovery mode. However, you cannot do so with the iPhone hotspot not showing up on PC. But there is no need to worry, as our guide deals with iPhone hotspot not working on Windows 10. So, what are you waiting for? Let's dive right in.
- 1. Turn On and Off Airplane Mode on the PC
- 2. Turn off Low Power Mode on iPhone
- 3. Disable Low Data Mode
- 4. Update Wi-Fi Adapter Drivers
- 5. Update Windows/ iOS Version
- 6. Reset Windows Network Settings
- 7. Connect your PC to iPhone with a USB cable
How to Fix iPhone Hotspot Not Showing Up on PC? 7 Ways for You
When fixing an iPhone hotspot not showing on a laptop or PC, you have various options, as mentioned below.
1. Turn On and Off Airplane Mode on the PC
If your iPhone hotspot is not working on Windows 10, you first need to switch on airplane mode. Then, you must turn off airplane mode on your PC to check if the iPhone hotspot shows up. Generally, airplane mode should help do the trick.
Besides, if you have any internet issues on your PC or laptop, it is always a good idea to turn on airplane mode. However, you must ensure that the airplane mode is turned on for at least 30 seconds. If you immediately switch it off, you will see no results.
You need to click on the notifications pop-up and select Airplane mode. Then, you have to switch it off after a few seconds. It should do the trick.
2. Turn off Low Power Mode on iPhone
If low power mode is turned on, your iPhone cannot provide a hotspot to other devices. This is why you must turn off low power for your PC or laptop to access the internet.
A lot of the time, people forget to switch off Low Power mode on their iPhones and start worrying. But you can rest assured that switching off this mode should do the trick.
- You need to head over to the settings and select Battery.
- Then, you have to turn off Low Power Mode.
3. Disable Low Data Mode
Another solution for iPhone hotspot not showing up on PC is disabling low data mode. Just think about it, if your iPhone is trying to save data, it would be unable to provide hotspot capabilities. Therefore, you have to turn off low data mode.
- To disable low data mode, you need to go to Settings and select Mobile Data.
- Then, you have to look for the Mobile Data Option
- And switch off Low Data Mode
4. Update Wi-Fi Adapter Drivers
Sometimes, the Wi-Fi adapter drivers on your PC or laptop are not updated. In such a situation, you will experience an iPhone hotspot not working on Windows 10. Fortunately, you can easily update the Wi-Fi adapter drivers.
- All you have to do is check for updates by going to Settings.
- Your PC will let you know there is a "Network adapters" option.
- Click it, and you will see "Update driver."
- If an update is required, your PC must restart before your iPhone hotspot starts to work.
5. Update Windows/ iOS Version
Now, your Windows or iOS version may be outdated. It could be why the iPhone hotspot is not showing up on the PC. Hence, you will have no option but to update your PC or iPhone.
It is super easy to update your PC or iPhone:
- To update your PC, go to Settings and type "Windows Update".
- Then, you have to click on the "Download and install" icon to proceed.
As for your iPhone:
- You have to go to Settings and your Apple account to see if a new update is needed.
- You will only need to accept the update to proceed with "Download and install."
6. Reset Windows Network Settings
If you have tried the above methods and cannot get the iPhone hotspot to work, you have to reset the network settings. It only takes a few seconds to do so. You must go to your device's network settings and reset them. Make sure to restart your device to get it to work.
For Windows network settings:
- Please go to Settings and Network & Internet.
- Choose Status.
- Finally, click Network Reset.
7. Connect your PC to iPhone with a USB cable
A USB cable is an excellent alternative if the iPhone hotspot is not showing on your laptop.
- You need to connect your PC to the iPhone with the USB cable.
- Then, you must select hotspot.
- It should allow your laptop to get an internet connection.
Bonus Tips: Easy App to Fix iPhone Hotspot Not Working
If you do not have much time and are looking for a quick fix, consider using Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair. The ultimate solution out there allows you to repair your laptop and ensure that you can access the internet. Even if you have never used a tool, you should have no trouble using it.
With Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair, you can quickly repair your iPhone's hotspot. No matter what iOS issue you face, it has you covered. Best of all, you do not have to worry about data loss. If you have jailbroken your iOS device, it will update it so that it is non-jailbroken again.
To start with Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair, you must first download it to your computer. Then, you need to follow the steps below.
- Launch Dr.Fone on your PC once it has been successfully installed.
- Next, you have to select System Repair.
- Then, you will have to select "iOS" as an iPhone has to be dealt with.
- A new screen should pop up where you have to select iOS Repair to repair the hotspot issue or any other issue.
- You have to go through the different issues that the tool can help you with and select internet connectivity issues. Next, you have to click on Repair Now.
- There will be two options and you have to select Standard Repair. This mode will try to repair your iPhone.
- Then, you must put your iOS device in Recovery Mode. You will need to connect the device to the computer via a USB and enter the password of your lock screen. Make sure to select the Trust option.
- Next, you have to click on Enter Recovery Mode to proceed.
- Now, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to place your device in Recovery Mode.
- The platform will automatically detect your device once it goes into Recovery Mode.
- After the above, a list of different iOS firmware that you can download will appear. You just need to click Download to install the firmware.
- Then, the iOS firmware will download across the computer and showcase a progress bar.
- Once the download is complete, the platform will verify the firmware before installing it on the iOS device to avoid any problems.
- As soon as the iOS firmware is verified, you can click on the Repair Now button to start the iOS system recovery process.
- When the recovery process is complete, the prompt window will show the successful completion of the process.
- Lastly, you just have to click Done to complete the recovery. That is about it.
How to Enable My iPhone Hotspot?
To enable a hotspot on your iPhone, you just need to go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot and switch it on.
How to Change the Hotspot Password and Name?
To change the hotspot password and name, you have to go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot and change the network's name and password.
How to Forget the iPhone Hotspot on Windows?
To forget the iPhone hotspot password on Windows, you must select Disconnect and Forget. Then, your computer will no longer recognize your iPhone's hotspot.
The Bottom Line
After reviewing our post, you will know what to do if your iPhone hotspot is not showing up on your PC. To avoid any inconvenience, you need to use Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair. It is just the tool you need to resolve all iPhone issues. You just have to follow its instructions to get your iPhone hotspot to work on your PC.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone Not Working
- iPhone Stuck
- 1. iPhone Stuck on Mute
- 2. iPhone Stuck on Loading Screen
- 2. iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS
- 3. iPhone Stuck on Setting Up Apple ID
- 4. iPhone Stuck on Spinning Wheel
- 5. iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 6. iPhone Stuck in Restore Mode
- 7. iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- 8. iPhone Flashing Apple Logo
- 9. iPhone Won't Go Past Apple Logo
- iPhone is Frozen
- 1. iPhone Keeps Freezing
- 2. Fix Frozen iPhone Screen
- 3. iPhone Messages Freezing
- 4. iPhone Frozen in 10 Seconds
- 5. Force Quit Frozen Apps on iPhone
- 6. iPhone Frozen During Update iOS 15
- 7. iPhone Frozen During Update iOS 16
- iPhone Won't Turn On/Off
- 1. iPhone Keeps Restarting
- 2. iPhone Keeps Turning Off
- 3. iPhone Won't Turn Off
- 4. iPhone Won't Turn On
- iPhone Screen Problems
- 1. iPhone Red Screen of Death
- 2. iPhone Blue Screen of Death
- 3. iPhone Black Screen of Death
- 4. iPhone White Screen of Death
- 5. Blue Line on iPhone Screen
- 6. Flickering Screen on iPhone
- 7. iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- 8. iPhone Touch Screen Not Working
- 9. iPhone Screen Recording Not Working
- 10. iPhone Screen Turned Black & White
- iPhone Servies Problems
- 1. iPhone No Service Problem
- 2. Safari Keeps Crashing on iPhone
- 3. Can't See iPhone Hotspot from PC
- 4. iPhone Hotspot Not Working
- 5. iPhone Bluetooth Not Working
- 6. iPhone Location is Wrong
- 7. iPhone GPS Not Working
- 8. iPhone Maps Not Working
- 9. Google Maps Not Working
- 10. Emergency Alerts Not Working
- 11. iPhone Airdrop Not Working
- iPhone Function Problems
- 1. iPhone Speaker Not Working
- 2. iPhone FaceTime Not Working
- 3. FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- 4. iPhone Notifications Not Working
- 5. iPhone Reception Problems
- 6. iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- 7. iPhone Quick Start Not Working
- 8. iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- 9. iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- 10. iPhone Face ID No Working
- 11. iPhone Not Saving Photos
- 12. iPhone Do Not Disturb Not Working
- Other iPhone Problems
- 1. Can't Update / Restore Error 1100
- 2. iPhone Camera Black or Not Working
- 3. iPhone / iTunes Error 4013
- 4. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 5. iPhone / iTunes Error 11
- 6. Do Not Disturb on iPhone Settings
- 7. iPhone Proximity Sensor by Yourself
- 8. Replace iPhone Digitizer
- 9. Accessory May Not Be Supported
- 10. Fix GPS Problems on iPhone