5 Ways to Fix iPhone Touch Screen Not Working Issue After Updating to iOS 14
It has been a while since the iOS 13.7 updates started rolling out, and just recently the iOS 14 update has come up. While these do have their fair share of updates, users have been complaining about a plethora of other frustrating issues and glitches that have come up in their iOS devices as a result of the update. Amongst one of the most pernicious is the iPhone touch screen not working issue.
Also, Apple has offcially released iOS 14 now. iOS 14 is installed on 10% of supported devices within 24 hours after launch. According to iOS 14 users, these are a few iOS 14 touch screen related issues that you might be facing:
- iPhone Screen not working on iPhone 11/X/8/7/6s/6.
- The touch screen becomes unresponsive while receiving calls.
- iPhone Touch Screen not working while swiping or tapping.
Here we've compiled a list of methods you could adopt to fix iPhone touch screen not working issues.
- Part 1: Force Restart to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
- Part 2: Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
- Part 3: Fix iPhone touch screen not working issues without data loss
- Part 4: Factory Reset to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
- Part 5: Restore to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
Part 1: Force Restart to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
This should be the first and foremost method you adapt because it's the easiest to implement and history suggests that a wide range of glitches can actually be fixed with a simple restart.
- Simply press down on the sleep button for a few seconds.
- Drag the screen down to turn off the iPhone.
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn the device back on.
Part 2: Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
It is entirely possible that a simple restart might not work if the issue really is more internal. However, before you jump to the conclusion that the issue lies in the software update you should first check your iPhone 3D Touch Sensitivity and try to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue. Here's how you can make the necessary adjustments to it:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to General > Accessibility.
- Scroll down and tap on the '3D Touch' option.
- Now you can either toggle 3D Touch On/Off, or you could scroll down and adjust the sensitivity to 'Light', 'Medium', or 'Firm.'
Part 3: Fix iPhone touch screen not working issues without data loss
If the previous two methods haven't worked then you can be assured that the issue really is in the software update. In this case most of the techniques people adopt to fix the issue leads to a return to factory settings, which means that you might suffer considerable data loss. We will also show you the regular methods of reset, however before we do so you should try every method necessary to Fix iPhone touch screen not working issues without data loss. As such, a great tool that you can use is Dr.Fone - System Repair.
Dr.Fone - System Repair is a great tool rolled out by Wondershare, which has been covered by Forbes (twice) and rewarded by Deloitte (again twice) for excellence in technology . It is generally capable of fixing most iOS system issues, and it can do so without suffering any data loss.
Fix iPhone touch screen not working issue without data loss!
- Returns iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- A tool for recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other problems with your valuable hardware, along with iTunes errors, such as error 4005, iPhone error 14, iTunes error 50, iTunes error 27 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
How to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
Step 1: Choose 'System Repair'
After you launch the application, select 'System Repair'.
Connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB chord, and select 'Standard Mode' on the application.
Step 2: Download and Select Firmware
Dr.Fone would automatically detect your iOS device and offer you the latest firmware to download. All you have to do is click 'Start', and wait.
Step 3: Fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
As soon as the download is complete, Dr.Fone would immediately start fixing your iOS device. After a few minutes, your device would restart to normal mode. The whole process would have taken about 10 minutes.
With that simple 3 step process you would have fixed the iPhone touch screen not working issue, that too without suffering any data loss.
Part 4: Factory Reset to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
The previous method is most likely to have fixed your iPhone touch screen not working issue, in which case you have no reason to read on. But in case you don't want to use a third-party software you can follow this method.
Factory Reset is a method which is often used to restore a device back to its original settings, which means that all your data would be wiped off.
You could choose to backup your iPhone before you reset it using Dr.Fone.
You can do so by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on 'Erase all Content and settings'.
- Enter your Passcode and Apple ID to proceed.
With this your iPhone should be back to factory settings, the touch screen not working issue fixed. You could restore all your lost data by using Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS).
Part 5: Restore to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue
This is an alternative means of achieving the same result as the previous solution. By Restoring your iPhone you might fix iPhone touch screen not working issue. However, you would also suffer from data loss as the device would return to its original manufacturer settings. In order to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue through a Restore function, you can follow the given steps:
- Download and access the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Go to Device Tab > Summary > This Computer > Back Up Now.
- Click on 'Restore iPhone.'
- Wait for the restore to be complete.
And with that your iPhone should be restored completely. You can see if it has fixed the iPhone touch screen not working issue. If not, then you can go back to Solution 3, which is a lot more guaranteed to produce results.
Well these are some of the methods you can adopt while trying to fix iPhone touch screen not working issue which has arisen as a result of system update iOS 14. You should try out the simple methods like Restart and changing 3d Touch sensitivity first. But if they don't work out it's recommended that you use Dr.Fone - System Repair as it's easy-to-use and, most importantly, it can help fix your iPhone without suffering any data loss.
Do let us know down in the comments which method worked best for you and share your experiences in the comments so others might also be helped. Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing your thoughts.
- iPhone hardware Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- Repair iPhone Backlight
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems