[Solved] Fix iPhone Stuck on Black Screen Spinning Wheel in 2023
"My iPhone X is stuck on spinning wheel with a black screen. I have tried to charge it through, but it isn’t turning on!"
Getting an iPhone stuck on spinning wheel is probably a nightmare for any iPhone user. Nevertheless, there are times when our iOS device just stops working and only displays a spinning wheel on the screen. Even after several attempts, it doesn’t seem to work and only creates more issues. If your iPhone 14/13/12/11/8/7/X is stuck on black screen with spinning wheel, then you need to take some immediate measures. The guide will help you fix the iPhone stuck on black screen with spinning wheel issue in several ways.
- Part 1: Why Does My iPhone Stuck on Black Screen with Spinning Wheel
- Part 2: Force Restart Your iPhone
- Part 3: Charge Your iPhone
- Part 4: Use the Safest and Easiest Tool to Repair the Crashed System
- Part 5: Try Recovery Mode to Boot iPhone Normally
- Part 6: Try DFU mode if Recovery Mode doesn't Work
- Part 7: Go to the Apple Store for Professional Help
Part 1: Why Does My iPhone Stuck on Black Screen with Spinning Wheel
In order to fix this problem, you need to know what could have caused your iPhone to stuck on the spinning wheel. Mostly, one of the following reasons is the key trigger.
- An app has become unresponsive or corrupt
- The ios version is too old and no longer support
- The device does not have free space to load the firmware
- It has been updated to a beta iOS version
- The firmware update was halted in between
- The jailbreaking process went wrong
- A malware has corrupted the device storage
- A chip or wire has been tampered with
- The device has been stuck in the booting loop
- Any other booting or firmware-related issue
Part 2: Force Restart Your iPhone
This is the simplest yet one of the most effective ways to fix different iPhone issues. By applying the correct key combinations, we can forcefully make an iPhone restart. As this would reset its present power cycle, it will make the device boot again. To force restart your device and fix iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8/7/6/5 black screen spinning wheel, follow these steps:
iPhone 8 and newer models
Quick-press the Volume Up key first and let it go. Without any ado, quick-press the Volume Down button and release. In succession, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds and release when the device restarts.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Press the Power and the Volume Down keys at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Keep holding them and let go as the device restarts.
iPhone 6s and older models
Simply hold the Power and the Home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds and keep pressing them. Let go once the device vibrates and would restart normally.
Part 4: Use The Safest and Easiest Tool to Repair a Crashed System
If a force restart is not able to fix the iPhone 8 stuck on black screen with spinning wheel, then consider a more holistic approach. For instance, with the use of Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS), you can fix all kinds of issues related to an iOS device. It fully supports all the new and old iOS models like iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XR, XS Max, XS, X, 8, 7, and so on. Also, the application can repair your iPhone under different scenarios like iPhone stuck on spinning wheel, bricked device, blue screen of death, and more.
- Fix with various iOS system issues like recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fix other iPhone errors and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27, iTunes error 9, and more.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Work for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Supports iPhone 14 /13 / X / 8 (Plus)/ iPhone 7(Plus)/ iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE, and the latest iOS version fully!
Step 1. Connect your malfunctioning device to your computer and launch the Dr.Fone toolkit on it. From its home interface, launch the System Repair section and click iPhone.
Step 2. To begin with, choose between the standard or advanced repair mode. Its standard is the basic mode that can fix all the major iOS-related issues without any data loss. For a more sophisticated approach, pick the advanced repair mode, which will wipe your device’s data.
Step 3. The application will automatically put your iPhone into recovery mode or you can enter the recovery mode manually. And then, choose an iOS firmware to download.
Step 4. Wait for a few minutes as the tool would download the firmware for your device and will also verify it.
Step 5. Once the download is completed, you will be informed with the following prompt. Now, you can just click on the "Repair Now" button to repair your iPhone stuck on spinning wheel.
Step 6. The application will update your iPhone and would restart it in normal mode in the end. That’s it! You can now safely remove the device and use it the way you like.
Get to fix "iPhone Stuck on Black Screen with Spinning Wheel" now!
Part 5: Try Recovery Mode to Boot iPhone Normally
If you want to try a native solution to fix iPhone X black screen spinning wheel, then you can boot it in the recovery mode as well. To do this, we need to apply the correct key combinations and take the assistance of iTunes. Though, you should note that this will erase all the existing data on your iPhone and should be your last resort.
iPhone 8 and newer models
Using a working cable, connect your phone to the system and launch iTunes on it. While connecting, hold the Side key for a few seconds and let go once the iTunes symbol would appear.
iPhone 7/7 Plus
Power off your iPhone 7/7 Plus and connect it to iTunes using a working cable. While connecting, hold the Volume Down button for a while. Let go once the recovery mode icon will come on the screen.
iPhone 6 and older models
Use a connecting cable and launch an updated iTunes version on your computer. Hold the Home button while connecting it to the other end of the cable. Keep pressing it and let go once the connect-to-iTunes symbol will come.
Once your device would boot in the recovery mode, iTunes will detect it and display the following prompt. Agree to it and choose to restore your device to its factory settings to fix iPhone X stuck on spinning wheel.
Part 6: Try DFU mode if Recovery Mode doesn't Work
DFU stands for Device Firmware Update and is a more advanced version of the recovery mode. Since it would even skip the bootloading phase of the device, it will let you fix more critical issues with it. Just like the recovery mode, this will also erase all the saved content and settings from your device. Though, the key combinations to boot an iPhone to DFU mode are slightly different than the recovery mode.
iPhone 8 and newer models
Connect your iPhone to the system and launch iTunes on it, to start with. While connecting, press the Side + Volume Down buttons at the same time for ten seconds. After that, let go of the Side key but keep holding the Volume Down key for the next 5 seconds.
iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
Power off your iPhone and connect it to iTunes using an authentic cable. At the same time, press and hold the Power (wake/sleep) key and the Volume Down button for ten seconds. Later, release the Power key but make sure you press the Volume Down button for the next 5 seconds.
iPhone 6s and older models
Connect your iPhone to iTunes and turn it off already. Now, press the Power + Home buttons for ten seconds at the same time. Gradually, release the Power (wake/sleep) key, but hold the Home button for the next 5 seconds.
In the end, your device’s screen should be black with nothing on it. If it shows the Apple or the iTunes logo, then it means you have made a mistake and would have to do this from the start. On the other hand, iTunes will detect if your iPhone has entered the DFU mode and will suggest you restore the device. Click on the “Restore” button to confirm and wait as it fixes the iPhone stuck on spinning wheel problem.
Part 7: Go to the Apple Store for Professional Help
If none of the above DIY solutions would seem to fix your iPhone stuck on spinning wheel, then it is better to visit an Apple service center. You can visit the nearest Apple Store to get one-on-one assistance or go to its official website to locate one. In case your iPhone has passed the insurance duration, then it might come with a price. Therefore, be sure you have explored other options to fix iPhone stuck on black screen with spinning wheel before visiting an Apple Store.
The ball is in your court now! After getting to know about these different solutions for iPhone stuck on spinning wheel, you must be able to boot your phone normally. From all these solutions, I have tried Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) as it retains the existing data on the device while fixing it. If you were able to fix the iPhone 13/iPhone 7/8/X/XS stuck on spinning wheel problem with any other technique, then feel free to share it with us in the comments below.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Storage Full
- 1. Stuck on Apple Logo Storage Full
- 2. Erase Content Settings not Working
- 3. iPhone Lagging
- 4. iPhone Running Slow
- iPhone Update Problems
- 1. Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings
- 2. iPhone Frozen During iOS Update
- 3. iPhone Checking for Update Stuck
- 4. iPhone Cellular Update Failed
- 5. iPhone Software Update Failed
- 6. iPhone Stuck on Update Requested
- 7. iPhone Update Error 1110
- 8. iPhone Stuck On Verifying Update
- 9. iPhone Won't Update
- 10. Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- 8. iPhone & iPad Security Updates
- 9. Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- 10. Can't Download or Update Apps
- iPhone Media Problems
- 1. Apple Music Song Not Available
- 2. iPhone Not Ringing
- 3. iPhone Echo Problem
- 4. iPhone Ringer Problems
- 5. iPhone Plays Music by Itself
- 6. Ringer Volume Changes by Itself
- 7. Music Won't Play on iPhone
- 8. Blurry Photos & Videos on iPhone
- 9. iPhone Volume Problems
- iPhone Sound Problems
- 1. YouTube no Sound
- 2. iPhone Microphone Problem
- 3. Test iPhone Microphone
- 4. Headphones No Sound from iPhone
- 5. No Sound on iPhone Game
- 6. iPhone Sound Not Working
- 7. iPhone Screen Recording no Sound
- iPhone Calling Problems
- 1. iPhone No Sound on Calls
- 2. Screen Goes Black During Call
- 3. iPhone Recent Calls Not Showing
- 4. iPhone Dropping Calls Issue
- 5. iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Camera Problems
- 1. iPhone Camera Black
- 2. iPhone Camera Blurry
- 3. iPhone Camera Not Working
- 4. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 5. TrueDepth Camera Not Working
- 6.Out-of-Focus Photos on iPhone 15
- iPhone Network Problems
- 1. Airpods Won't Connect to iPhone
- 2. iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes
- 3. iPhone Not Syncing Problems
- 4. iPhone Internet Not Working
- 5. iPhone Keep Disconnecting from Wifi
- 6. iPhone WIFI Not Working
- 7. PC Not Recognizing iPhone
- 8. iPhone Stuck on Connect to iTunes
- 9. iPhone Not Showing up in iTunes
- 10. iTunes Not Detecting Your iPhone
- 11. iPhone Bluetooth Disconnect
- 12.Apple CarPlay Keeps Disconnecting
- Other iPhone Problems