Pokémon Go IV vs. CP: What You Should Know?
With even more adjustments made to help, Pokémon Go enables you to venture outside and become the greatest trainer Pokémon has ever seen. But to achieve that, you'll need to be familiar with all of its measurements and processes.
Two important metrics for Pokémon caught in Pokémon Go are IV and CP. They gauge a species' potential and strength, respectively. Here are the game's descriptions of IV and CP as well as, more crucially, the distinctions between the two.
If you don't know what CP is in Pokémon go, what are Pokémon IVs, what the difference and what you need to know about Pokémon by stats, you need to go through this guide.
Part 1: What does 'IV' mean in Pokémon Go?
IV stands for unique values, which each Pokémon possesses. They estimate how good your Pokémon can be once fully charged up by comparing its potential to those of other members of the same species. Beyond the CP (Combat Power) of your captured Pokémon, all Pokémon in Pokémon Go have individual values, or IVs, which are essentially concealed foundation numbers.
The potential strength of a Pokémon is determined by its IVs. For instance, a Chansey with perfect IVs will have better CP and Stamina at its maximum level than a Chansey with average IVs. Attack, Defense, and Stamina are the only three states that matter, and each of them has a maximum of 15. Although the game does not explicitly state what base stats each Pokémon has, there are workarounds.
Part 2: What does 'CP' mean in Pokémon Go?
A combined metric that provides a broad sense of a Pokémon's strength is its combat power (CP). Based on Pokémon's current level and IV scores.
A Pokémon will typically perform better in battle if its CP is higher than its other stats. However, there are other elements that change this paradigm, including kinds, movesets, and weather advantages. Nevertheless, it is a reliable method for estimating a Pokémon's base level of strength.
As a result, a Pokémon with a high CP may also have subpar IVs, and vice versa. Pokémon with high CP can still be weak even though they don't need to level up as much because they are already near their maximum level.
Part 3: How does IV and CP work in Pokémon Go?
A Pokémon's IVs demonstrate its potential within its own species. When leveled up to its maximum potential, a perfect IV Pokémon will be the strongest variation of that species.
However, a high CP may be on the lower end of the potential spectrum while still demonstrating power in terms of absolute score.
High CP Pokémon should be used during battling. However, IV scores are the most important factor if you're playing the long game, a desire that ideal Pokémon, and are prepared to pay Stardust to level it up.
Part 4: CP or IV? Which is more important in Pokémon Go?
There are standard attributes like stamina, attack, and defense for each variety of Pokémon. Each unique Pokémon "births" with its own IV (individual values), which boosts these stats by 0 to 15 additional points. Since not all Pokémon are created equal, you cannot adjust the IVs. These IVs have a minor impact on a Pokémon's overall power. For instance, a Charizard's base attributes are 212, 182, and 156. When all IVs are zero, this would be the "worst" charizard that is currently available. A Charizard would have 227, 197, and 171 maximum IVs. These Charizard Atk, Def, and Stam numbers are just 7–10% better overall. If you want to know the difference practically, go through our Best Pokémon Go IV Calculator Apps guide.
The Pokémon with the higher IV will have a little higher chance of surviving gym battles if you leave the two Pokémon with the same CP but differing IVs in a gym. As the IV is simply a quick way to see which Pokémon have higher stats, However, the difference will only be VERY small. The moveset of each Pokémon should be taken into account when choosing between them, as it can have a substantial impact on its power.
Bonus Tip: How to Play Pokémon Go Without Jailbreak on iOS?
Stop fretting if you frequently encounter the requirements related to jailbreaking if playing Pokémon is not feasible despite attempting various fixes. The Dr.Fone - Virtual Location is one of the best such Pokémon game solutions that do not need device jailbreaking that is still available.
The Dr.Fone - Virtual Location, a leader in the GPS market, is a well-reviewed and user-friendly tool that makes it super easy for you to play Pokémon. You can easily modify your location by doing a simple drag and click. Be it the adaptability, usability, or precision of the instrument. Dr. Fone is the best since it contains everything. The following are the steps to use Dr.Fone - Virtual Location to change location.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer: Play Pokémon Go without jailbreak!
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Step 1: Open the Dr.Fone – Virtual Location application.
Downloading Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS/Android) is required to get started. After that, install and run the software.
In order to connect your iPhone or Android phone to your PC, choose "Virtual Location" from the drop-down menu. Select "Get Started" from the drop-down menu to launch the virtual location feature.
Connect your mobile device playing Pokémon Go to a computer system. The terms and conditions are visible when you open the Dr.Fone application. Click "Get Started" after carefully reading them and accepting them.'
Step 2: Teleport to any destination.
You will be taken to a website that shows a map of the entire world along with your current location on it. To understand the coordinates and location better, you may just zoom in and out. However, selecting "Teleport Mode" in the page's upper right corner is necessary.
Step 3: Practice moving between different locations.
After that, you can move from where you are now to wherever you want to be. This might be as nearby as a neighboring nation or as distant as a foreign nation. Keep it close by if you're playing Pokémon Go. Next, select "Move Here."
Step 4: Observe the location change.
Your location will change instantly; after a few minutes, the new location will be registered on all websites you visit. So you can proceed now.
Level, IV, and base stats of the specific type are used to calculate a Pokémon's actual stats and CP, with level and base stats having the biggest influence.
At the same level, a character with a greater IV would often have a higher CP and be a little bit stronger.
What you value, your resources, and your requirements will determine which one you should concentrate on. Always choose the highest IV ones when you have unlimited candy and Stardust. If they don't have the resources to power up their Pokémon right away, some people don't mind having slightly stronger Pokémon in the future because they believe anything below 90IV is trash. Others would evolve and employ higher CP Pokémon today in order to have battle-ready Pokémon without having to wait for the future.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking