How to Fix iPhone "Attempting data recovery" on iOS 15/14?
"Not sure what happened? I was talking on my new iPhone 11 and it turned off and restarted. Now it is saying Attempting data recovery. I was upgrading to iOS 15 from an old iOS."
Does this sound familiar? Have you recently tried to upgrade your iOS version and faced iPhone "attempting data recovery" error? You don't need to worry about it anymore if you are reading this article. You will get your solution from here.
A lot of iPhone users have been reporting an error about attempting data recovery on iOS 15/14. It’s not only on the latest iOS 15, it actually happens when you are trying to upgrade your iOS version. That’s why in this article you are going to learn and understand the reason behind iPhone attempting data recovery loop. Plus, you will get 4 tips to fix this “Attempting data recovery” issue easily. But you may lose all of your iPhone data if “Attempting data recovery” happens to your iPhone. So this article will also help you to learn how to get back iPhone data if “Attempting data recovery” fails. It’s really easy to fix this issue, so don’t worry if you don’t know anything about it. I am here to help you out!
Part 1: Why iPhone “Attempting data recovery” happens?
You will find “Attempting data recovery” status notification when you try to upgrade the iOS software to the latest version. When you use iTunes to update to the newest iOS , you can see this status message prompt. So, if you want to avoid seeing this status, you can update iOS wirelessly.
Updating your iOS by using iTunes will surely show you the “Attempting data recovery” status message and there is nothing to be anxious about. This status notification usually appears on iPhone, for the iOS versions 15/14 etc. If you see this message appeared on your iOS device, the first thing you need to be is patient and don’t panic at all. Sometimes an unsuccessful attempt to jailbreak your iPhone or activating recovery mode in order to solve another issue causes this status notification to appear. Just follow the guideline of this article so that you can solve this challenge in no time. It takes a little time to recover all the data of your iPhone.
Part 2: 4 Tips to fix iPhone stuck on "Attempting data recovery"
There are various ways that you can fix attempting data recovery for iOS 15/14. You will find the best 4 tips to fix iPhone attempting data recovery issue from here.
Solution 1: Press home Button:
- The first and easiest way to solve iPhone attempting data recovery loop is by pressing the Home button. When you see the status message in your iPhone screen, the first thing you need to do is not to panic and press the Home button. Now, wait for some time till the updating finishes.
- When the update is completed, your phone will go back to its normal state.
- But if pressing the Home button doesn’t solve the issue after waiting a long time, you will have to try other ways from this article.
Solution 2. Force Restart iPhone
One of the best ways to fix iPhone stucking on "Attempting data recovery" issue is by force restarting the device. Here is how you can force restart iPhone to fix attempting data recovery –
- For iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s, you need to press the Power (wake/sleep) button and the Home button of your iPhone at the same time. Now keep it that way till at least 10 to 15 seconds. After that, release the buttons when the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- If you have iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you need to press the Power and the Volume Down button at the same time. Hold both the buttons for the next 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears on your screen. Then your phone restarts.
- If you have a higher iPhone model than iPhone 7, such as iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/11 etc. then first you need to press the volume up key and release it. Then you need to press the volume down key and release it. At last, you need to press and hold the power key until the Apple logo appears on your iPhone’s screen.
Solution 3. Fix iPhone Attempting Data Recovery without Data Loss
Most of the ways will offer you to fix this issue but reset the device into factory mode. This will cause data loss which is unwanted. But if you want to fix iPhone attempting data recovery loop issue without losing any data then you can definitely put your trust on Dr.Fone - System Repair. Here are some main features of this amazing tool.
Fix iPhone System Issues without Data Loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version.
- First, you need to download and install Dr.Fone - System Repair on your PC and launch it. When the main interface appears, click on the “System Repair” button to proceed.
- Now connect your iPhone to your PC by using a USB cable and wait till Dr.Fone detects your device. Now select "Standard Mode" or "Advanced Mode" to go ahead on the process.
- Now put your device into DFU mode by following the instructions on your screen. In order to fix your device DFU mode is necessary.
- Dr.Fone will detect when your phone goes into DFU mode. Now a new page will come in front of you that will ask some information about your device. Provide the basic information to download the firmware update.
- Now, wait for some time after clicking on the Download button. It takes a little time to download the firmware update.
- After the firmware is downloaded, you will get an interface like the below image. Just click on the “Fix Now” button to fix iPhone attempting data recovery
- After the process is completed your device will restart automatically and you will get an interface like this in Dr.Fone. If the problem exists you can click on the “Try Again” button to start over.
Solution 4. Fix iPhone Attempting Data Recovery Using iTunes
Using iTunes to solve iPhone attempting data recovery issue is possible but there is a very good chance that you will get a full factory-restore and your iPhone gets wiped clean. So if you don’t want to lose any data, you need to use the Dr.Fone - System Repair method. Here is how to fix iPhone attempting data recovery loop via iTunes –
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Now connect your iPhone into your PC by using an USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and it will detect that your iPhone is stuck in “Attempting Data Recovery” issue.
- If you don’t get any pop-up notification you can manually restore your iPhone by clicking on the “Restore iPhone” button.
- After the process is completed, you will get a fresh iPhone that is totally wiped clean.
Part 3: How to get back iPhone data if “Attempting data recovery” fails?
If you don’t know how to get back data when iPhone attempting data recovery failed, then this part is perfect for you. You can get back all your iPhone data after attempting data recovery is failed with the help of Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS). This amazing tool can recover almost all kinds of iPhone data in no time. Here is how to get back iPhone data if attempting data recovery fails –
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Provide with three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Scan iOS devices to recover photos, video, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with latest iPhone models.
- Download and install Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) on your PC and install it. Now launch the programme, connect your iPhone to you PC by using an USB cable and then click on the “Recover” button from the main interface.
- After the programme detects your iPhone, you will see an interface like below that will display various kinds of file types. Just choose if you have any preference or choose them all. Then click on the “Start Scan” button.
- After you click the “Start Scan” button, your device will be fully scanned by Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) in order to detect all of your deleted or files. It depends on the amount of data of your device. When the process is running, if you find your desired lost data is scanned, you can click on the “Pause” button to stop the process.
- When the scanning is completed just simply choose your desired files that you want to recover and click on the “Recover to Computer” button. This will save all the data in your PC.
After reading this article you should know which way is better for you to fix iPhone attempting data recovery issue easily. You can use any of these methods but the best one will always be Dr.Fone - System Repair. This easy to use and one of a kind software will be able to fix iPhone attempting data recovery loop problem in no time! Moreover, if iPhone attempting data recovery failed and you are not being able to get back your iPhone data, then Dr.Fone – Recover (iOS) is the best choice for you. There is nothing better than solving your problems on your own and using the best tool to mitigate all your challenges. Dr.Fone will help you to mitigate the “Attempting Data Recovery” issue like a pro so there is no doubt in using it.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. iOS 12 Troubleshooting
- 1. Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11
- 2. Photos Disappeared from iPhone after iOS 12 Update
- 3. iOS 12 Data Recovery
- 5. WhatsApp Problems with iOS 12 and Solutions
- 6. iOS 12 Update Bricked iPhone
- 7. iOS 12 Freezing iPhone
- 8. iOS 12 Attempting Data Recovery
- 2. iOS 12 Tips