[Easy Guide] How to Send and Fake Live Location on Facebook Messenger
Do you want to learn how to fake a live location on Messenger? Here's the perfect learning spot. These days, many situations can compel you to spoof location on Facebook Messenger. But as simple as it sounds, you might need to invest in a costly VPN. Facebook requests permission to track your actual GPS location when installing the app or creating an account. But fret not because you don't even need a VPN service to change your Facebook location. This post will show you several shortcuts on how to send a fake location on Messenger.
- Part 1: The Benefits of Changing Location on Facebook Messenger
- Part 2: How to Change Location on Facebook Messenger
- Part 3: How to Change a Live Location on Facebook Messenger [iOS & Android]
- Part 4: How to Send Fake Location on Messenger
- Part 5. FAQ: What People Also Ask about Facebook Location Services
Part 1: The Benefits of Changing Location on Facebook Messenger
There are numerous reasons to learn how to send fake locations on Messenger, just as initially said. Here are some of them:
- Business awareness
Sometimes, you might want your customers to believe that your products or offices are in a specific location. In that case, spoofing your live location on Messenger is a great idea.
- Prank friends and have fun
There's nothing wrong with fooling your Facebook friends about your location. You can show them that you're in a unique spot when you're just around them.
- Hide identity
Your online security is paramount. And one way to protect yourself from online sniffers is by spoofing live locations on Facebook Messenger.
- Make new friends
Often, Facebook will tailor its friend suggestions to people close to your proximity, thanks to the "Nearby Friends" feature. But you can start getting new and refreshing tips from people in your new location.
Part 2: How to Change Location on Facebook Messenger
After learning some reasons to fake location on Messenger, let's now know how to do that with easy steps. You don't need third-party help to mock live locations on Messenger on Android or iPhone. That's because the app boasts its inbuilt location feature. Follow me:
Step 1. Open Facebook Messenger and launch the conversation with which you want to share the fake location.
Step 2. Click the "four dots" at the bottom-left corner and tap Location.
Step 3. Now tap Allow Location and choose a new location on the world map that appears.
Step 4. After choosing a location, tap Send Location to share it with your selected friend. It's that easy!
Part 3: How to Change a Live Location on Facebook Messenger [iOS & Android]
As you can see, sending a pinned location directly on Messenger is only good if you want to share the place with a specific contact. In other words, you can't natively spoof the location of multiple contacts on Messenger. So, if you want to fake live location on Messenger on iOS and Android, using a robust option like Wondershare Dr.Fone is a good idea.
With this virtual location tool, you can change your GPS location anywhere. That makes it helpful if you want to brag about your actual location with some tangible proof. Another thing, you can simulate location movements by choosing a particular route or transport. In addition to Facebook, Dr.Fone also works with apps like Pokemon Go, Instagram, Facebook, etc., etc.
You can check out the this video for further instruction.
Here's how to fake live location on Messenger with Dr.Fone:
Step 1. Download Dr.Fone and fire it up.
Start by downloading and installing Dr.Fone from the official website and launch the software on your Mac or Windows PC. Then, connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB wire. Please ensure to select the "Transfer Files" option.
Step 2. Launch the Virtual Location tool and enable USB debugging.
On Dr.Fone's home page, press the Virtual Location tab and click Get Started. Now enable USB debugging to connect your phone to Dr.Fone. On Android, click Additional Settings > Developer options >USB debugging. Also, remember to set Dr.Fone as the mock location app.
Step 3. Launch the map and choose a fake location for Messenger.
Once USB debugging is enabled, press Next to launch the map. Now enter your new location's address or GPS coordinates and tap Move Here. And there is that!
Bonus tip: How to make your new Messenger location more believable
Want to make your new location more believable? Simple, Dr.Fone will help you with that. Just enter the new coordinates or location on Dr.Fone and take a screenshot of the new area. Of course, you can find dozens of free location pictures on Google. After that, open the image on Facebook and tap the "location" icon. Now search and select your new location and post the picture.
Part 4: How to Send Fake Location on Messenger
Up to this point, you shouldn't have any qualms spoofing your live location on Facebook Messenger. For example, if you want to send a pinned GPS coordinate to a single contact on Messenger, then simply use the inbuilt function to change location. However, your new location might not be believable since your actual device location will remain the same. In other words, there's no proof that you're actually in that particular location.
So, use Dr.Fone to fake location on Messenger with unreal precision. This third-party location changer allows you to teleport your location to anywhere. You can even change Messenger location by walking, driving, or cycling. Then to make it more believable, you can share a post with a screenshot of your new location. Remember, your new location will be visible to all your Facebook friends.
Part 5. FAQ: What People Also Ask about Facebook Location Services
1. Why is my Facebook Messenger location wrong?
The issue of the wrong Facebook location is commonplace these days. Fortunately, it's nothing complicated as it's mainly about the incorrect GPS settings on your phone. So, go ahead and enable GPS tracking on your device.
Open Settings > Privacy > Location Services for iPhone users and then enable Location Services. On the other hand, Android users should click Settings > Security and Location > Locations > and enable Use Locations.
2. Can I fake my location on Facebook?
In a typical scenario, it's impossible to lie about your location on Facebook. That's because the app asks for permission to track your GPS location before you can use it. But as you've seen, Wondershare Dr.Fone makes it a cakewalk to a fake live location on Messenger.
3. How can I hide my location on Facebook?
As said earlier, the reason why Facebook gives the wrong location is because of disabled location settings. It's the reverse! So, use this Settings feature to hide your actual location on Facebook.
Any queries regarding how to send a fake location on Messenger? Let us know if you have any. Meanwhile, use Messenger's inbuilt location feature to share an artificial place with a friend or contact. But because this method only allows you to share fake locations with a single chat, use Wondershare Dr.Fone instead. It's simple, fast, and effective. Are you ready?
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking