What is SIM PIN and How to Change it on Android
All of us now feel like we cannot be more attached to our phones. And without SIM cards, the phone will turn out to be a boring machine. So, perhaps the SIM card is one of the most important components in our phone usage.
Unfortunately, sometimes we lose our SIM pin and ruin our interesting phone experience. But don’t be anxious; you can still get out of this problem. From the introduction of the SIM pin to the method to change it, we’re happy to recommend that you continue reading this article.
What Is A SIM PIN Code?
PIN stands for Personal Identification Number and represents a four-digit access code. You will also have a PIN when you purchase a SIM card. This four-digit code is required to enable the SIM card after inserting it into your phone to access your operator's mobile network. The SIM card PIN code is intended to safeguard your data from unauthorized access.
Why Might You Want to Reset SIM Pin on Android?
The SIM PIN is the only way to protect the information on your SIM card. While you can keep your mobile operator's default SIM PIN, it is better from a security standpoint to change it to a new PIN that only you know. The steps are simple on most phones and smartphones.
If you want to reset your SIM PIN code on android, follow this guide. We will be using T-Mobile as an example for the tutorial.
How To Change Pin on Android Phone?
Before proceeding, check the default PIN and PUK code to change T-Mobile pin. You can locate it on the SIM card package box as shown below:
After noting down the default PIN code, follow the steps below to do T-Mobile PIN reset.
Step 1: On your android phone, open Settings and scroll down to "Security"
Step 2: Next, click on "Advanced" to show sim lock options
Step 3: Click on "SIM card Lock"
If you have a Dual-SIM smartphone, select the appropriate SIM card by tapping on the network tab at the top of the screen.
Note: If you have a Samsung smartphone, go to the Settings menu and select "Biometrics and security."
Scroll down and select "Other security settings."
Select "Set up SIM card lock" from the top of the screen.
According to this point forward, the steps still work when your use any Samsung devices and stock Android smartphones.
Step 4: To change the existing SIM PIN code, go to the SIM card lock settings and select "Change SIM PIN."
Step 5: When asked to enter your old SIM PIN, enter the default PIN. Then press OK.
Step 6: Enter the New SIM PIN you want to use next. You can select a code length of four to eight digits. When you're finished, press OK. The screen after that asks you to "Re-type new PIN" and looks very similar. Make sure the new SIM PIN code by clicking it again and pressing OK.
Step 7: Congratulations, your PIN code is changed, and you will also get a notification.
Can We Remove Sim Lock When Using Android Phone?
Yes, you can remove Sim lock when using Android phone. If you want to avoid entering the SIM PIN code every time you start your Android smartphone or tablet, disable the switch by tapping on "Lock SIM card."
You must enter your current SIM card PIN code. Insert it, then press OK.
You don't have to enter the SIM lock code every time your smartphone or tablet boots up. To access your data, you must still enter your device's PIN code, pattern, or password or the fingerprint scanner or face unlock features.
1. What to do if I forget SIM pin?
If you forget your current sim PIN code, use the PUK code given on your sim card's package. If you cannot find the PUK code, contact your service provider via the SIM whose PIN code you forgot.
2. How to get PUK code?
The most direct way is to be on the 'My T-Mobile' interface. You must first create an account in this interface to obtain the PUK code. After you've created an account, choose the appropriate cell phone or SIM card and login. Then, select the 'Unblock SIM' option and copy the PUK code.
Remember to be extra cautious when entering the code because it can only be entered into the cell ten times. If you make ten incorrect entries, you must replace the SIM card.
You can also obtain a PUK code for a T-Mobile pin reset by dialing 0845 412 5000 from any landline. This number is only used for incorrect numbers. There are also instances where another network's SIM cards are inserted into a T-Mobile; in such cases, the user must obtain a subsidy PIN. A PIN of this type can be obtained by dialing 0845 412 5000.
It's easy and quick to change your SIM Pin on your Android device if you can follow correctly what we say today in this article. From a complete introduction to the SIM Pin system to some concrete methods to finish the goal of changing the pin, you can learn deeply all about SIM Pin. No matter what other problems you still have, please contact us, and we'll give you our feedback as soon as possible.
- Android Password Lock
- 1. Reset Lock Screen Password
- 2. Ways to Unlock Android Phone
- 3. Unlock Wi-Fi Networks
- 4. Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 5. Unlock Android Phone Password
- 6. Unlock Android Without Password
- Android Pattern Lock
- Android Pin/Fingerprint Lock
- 1. Unlock Android Fingerprint Lock
- 2. Recover a Locked Device
- 3. Remove Screen Lock PIN
- 4. Enable or Disable Screen Lock PIN
- Android Screen Lock
- 1. Android Lock Screen Wallpapers
- 2. Lock Screen Settings
- 3. Customize Lock Screen Widgets
- 4. Apps to Reinvent Your Android
- 5. Lock Screen Wallpaper on Android
- 6. Unlock Android with Broken Screen
- Android Screen Unlock
- 1. Android Device Manager Unlock
- 2. Unlocking Android Phone Screen
- 3. Bypass Android Face Lock
- 4. Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 5. Bypass Lock Screen By Emergency Call
- 6. Remove Synced Google Account
- 7. Unlock Android without Data Loss
- 8. Unlock Phone without Google Account
- 9. Unlock Android phone
- 10. Reset a Locked Android Phone
- 11.Turn On and Use Smart Lock
- 12.Best 10 Unlock Apps For Android
- Android SIM Unlock
- 1. Easily Unlock Android SIM
- 2. 5 Android Unlock Software
- 3. Carrier Unlock Phone to Use SIM
- 4. Change Android Imei without Root
- 5. How to Change SIM PIN on Android
- 6. Best Unlocked Android Phones
- Android Unlock Code
- 1. Lock Apps to Protect Information
- 2. Unlock Secret Features on Phone
- 3. Android SIM Unlock Code Generator
- 4. Ways to Sim Unlock Phone
- 5. Remove Sim Lock without Code
- 6. Updated Android Factory Reset Code
- Google FRP Bypass
- 1. Guide on TECNO k7 FRP Bypass
- 2. Bypass Google Account Verification
- 3. Bypassing Google FRP Lock
- 4. Bypass Google FRP Lock On Phones
- 5. Bypass OPPO FRP
- 6. Bypass Google Pixel FRP
- 7. Huawei Bypass FRP Tools for PC
- 8. Bypass Samsung Galaxy A50 FRP
- 9. Bypass Samsung S22 Ultra FRP
- Unlock Bricked Phone