How to Remove Previously Synced Google Account from Android
The setting up process of a new Android phone requires you to add a Google account that saves all activities and data of the phone like search history, details of online shipping, play store purchases, and more. Once the account is set, it cannot be changed till you delete everything from your phone. Moreover, with the introduction of FRP lock, even a factory reset will not remove the synced Google account.
So, now what if you want to sell your phone or have purchased a second-hand device that is still associated with the previous owner's Google account? No, worries as there are workarounds available that will help you remove your previously synced google account from your Android device.
Keep reading to know more in detail about how to bypass previously synced google accounts.
Part 1: Remove Previously Synced Google Account from Android Phone Without Phone Reset
In this part, we will discuss the methods that can be used for removing the previously synced account from your Android phone without a phone reset.
Method 1: Removing Google Account using the Android Settings Menu
If you just plan to reset your phone, maybe because of the lag caused by the phone cache, and you know the inconvenience of Google FRP as a protection mechanism, then you can remove Google FRP through the Settings menu.
The steps for this method are listed below.
- Step 1: On your Android phone go to the Settings option and choose Accounts & Backup.
- Step 2: Select the Manage Accounts option now and the list of the associated Google Devices will appear.
- Step 3: Choose and click on the Google Account that you want to remove and a pop-up message will appear to inform you that all the account data will be deleted with this action.
To confirm the removal of the account, click on the Remove account button.
Method 2: Remove the Google account from the Android phone using the computer
There is another method using which you can remotely remove the Google account associated with your phone. The steps for the method are listed below.
- Step 1: Using another device or a PC, sign in to your Google account that was previously synced on this device and choose the Security option.
- Step 2: Next scroll down and then tap on the Your devices option and choose to Manage devices.
- Step 3: You will now see the list of devices linked to your Google account. Next, tap on Find a lost or stolen phone and then select the Remove option present next to Account access.
- Step 4: You will be again asked if you want to delete the account. Select the Remove option.
- Step 5: The account will be removed successfully and the confirmation message will appear.
Note: This method will actually sign out you from the Google account and will not delete it permanently. To again get access to the account, a notification will appear on your phone to enter the password.
Part 2: How to Disable Factory Reset Protection to Bypass Google Account Verification After Factory Reset
The Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is a security feature for the Android device that allows factory reset only after the associated Google ID and password are entered correctly. With multiple accounts and passwords to remember there is quite a possibility that you may forget your Android phone Google account details and here the need to bypass Google account verification arises.
Though there are multiple tools available we recommend Dr. Fone - Screen Unlock (Android) as the best and the most reliable option. Using this excellent Windows and Mac-based software, FRP lock on all popular Android devices including Samsung, LG, HTC, and others. The tool is simple to use and requires no technology. There is also an option where you can unlock your device if you do not know the OS version.
Get into Locked Phones within Minutes
- 4 screen lock types are available: pattern, PIN, password & fingerprints.
- Easily remove the lock screen; No need to root your device.
- Everybody can handle it without any technical background.
- Provide specific removal solutions to promise good success rate
Steps to remove FRP lock using Dr. Fone-Screen Unlock (Android)
Step 1: Download, install and run the software on your system, and from the main interface choose the Screen Unlock option. Make sure that your phone is connected to WiFi.
Step 2: Next, choose Unlock Android Screen/FRP and then select the Remove Google FRP Lock option.
Step 3: Next, choose the OS version of your device from the given options, and then using a USB cable, connect your phone to your system.
Step 4: After the device is connected, the device information will appear on the software for you to confirm and the notification for the same will be sent to your Android phone.
Step 5: Now follow the notifications for removing the FRP lock and in the browser enter drfonetoolkit.com.
Step 6: Next, click on the Android 6/9/10 button, choose Open Settings and select the PIN option to set a PIN to be used in the further steps.
Step 7: Keep following the steps as they appear till you reach the Google Account Sign-In page. Here click on the Skip option that will successfully remove and bypass the Google Account.
The above given are the brief steps for the FRP bypass process. To learn about the entire process in detail, check Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock (Android) guide.
Part 3: Hire a Remote FRP Removal Service to Bypass ZTE/Motorola After Factory Reset
To bypass the FRP lock on your ZTE, Motorola, and Samsung device, there is also an online service called UnlockJunky.com that claims to remove the FRP lock and previously linked account on your Android device within 5-15 minutes. This is a paid service that also claims that if they are unable to remove the lock, they will refund the amount to their customers.
So, if you cannot sign in with a Google account that was previously synced, you can give this, method a try.
Step 1: Open the official service page Unlockjunky on your browser.
Step 2: Next, choose the device's brand, model, and unlock type from their respective drop-down menus. Click on Unlock Now button after entering the details.
Step 3: Now you need to initiate the order by providing the details asked and completing the payment.
Step 4: Next, the software needs to be downloaded and installed on your system, and using a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
Step 5: Connect with one of the support provider members through the live chat and they will help you remove the FRP lock on your Android phone.
With the steps above, you can remove the account previously synced on this device.
Limitations of using the Unlockjunky method:
- This is a paid service.
- Works only with Motorola, ZTE, and Samsung devices.
- There is no surety that the service will work for removing the FRP lock on your devices.
- If you have to remove the FRP lock from multiple devices, a separate payment for each device has to be done.
Above we have listed several ways to remove a previously synced Google account on your Android device. The best of all the listed solutions is Dr. Fone - Screen Unlock (Android) as it supports bypassing FRP lock on multiple Android devices in a hassle-free manner. Once the license is purchased, you can unlock as many numbers of devices as you want without any worries.