What are the Best Pokemons for PVP Matches in Pokemon Go?
“I’m quite new to the PVP mode in Pokemon Go and can’t seem to understand it. Can someone tell me about the best PVP Pokemon Go picks to go with?”
As I read this query posted on a Pokemon Go sub-reddit, I realized that so many people are not familiar with its PVP mode. After the introduction of Trainer Battles, players can now fight others (and not the AI). This has made the game pretty exciting with the introduction of new levels. To advance, you need to make the best PVP Pokemon Go picks. In this post, I will let you know about some of the best Pokemons for PVP games with other tricks.
Part 1: What you should know about Pokemon PVP Battles?
Before you select the best PVP Pokemons, you need to understand how the Trainer Battle feature works. In this, trainers fight against each other while picking their 3 best Pokemons (preferably of different kinds). Once you visit the PVP mode in Pokemon Go, you can see that there are 3 different categories, each with dedicated CP levels.
- Great League: Max 1500 CP (per Pokemon)
- Ultra League: Max 2500 CP (per Pokemon)
- Master League: No CP limit
According to the CP level of your Pokemons, you can visit a league so that players of the same level would fight against each other. Apart from leagues, you can also look for opponents in the local server or fight with someone remotely as well.
Before you make the best PVP Pokemon Go pick, you need to understand the 4 major actions in a battle.
- Fast attacks: You can tap anywhere on the screen to do a fast attack, which will hit the opponent Pokemon with the generated energy.
- Charge attacks: These are more advanced than fast attacks and will only be possible when you have enough charge for the Pokemon. A Charge Attack button would be enabled when it is available.
- Shield: Ideally, a shield is used to protect your Pokemon from the opponent’s attacks. At the start of the game, you would only get 2 shields so you should use them wisely.
- Swapping: Since you can pick the 3 best Pokemons for a PVP battle, you can swap them in a fight. Though, you should know that the swapping action has a 60-second cooldown.
Part 2: What are the Best Pokemons for PVP Battles in Pokemon Go?
Since there are hundreds of Pokemons, picking the best ones for a PVP battle can be tough. Ideally, to get the best PVP Pokemon Go results, you should keep these things in mind:
- Pokemon Stats: Firstly, consider the overall statistics of your Pokemon like its defense, stamina, attack, IV, current level, and so on. The higher the stats of the Pokemon, the better it would be as a pick.
- Moves and attacks: As you know, every Pokemon has different attacks and moves. Therefore, you should understand their moves and DPS to decide which Pokemon would be most useful in a battle.
- Pokemon Type: You should also consider having different types of Pokemons so that you can attack and defend during the battle and come up with a balanced team.
Considering all these things, experts recommend the following picks as the best Pokemons for PVP battles:
Best Types of Pokemons in PVP Battles
Besides that, there are some types of Pokemons that are more diverse and perform better in tournaments.
- Ghost/Fighting: These are some of the strongest Pokemons with high attack and defense stats.
- Fairy, Dark, and Ghost: These Pokemons can counter a lot of other Pokemons and are considered pretty rare due to their strong moves.
- Ice and Electric: Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are some of the strongest moves of Pokemons in the present game that you should not miss out on.
- Fire and Dragon: These Pokemons can help you counter several water and fairy-type Pokemons. Also, fire and dragon-type Pokemons can be pretty sturdy in a battle.
- Rock/Ground: If you want to have a good defense line-up and counter grass-type Pokemons, then rock or ground-types can be a pick.
Part 3: A Useful Trick to Catch Some of the Best Pokemons Remotely
To win trainer battles in Pokemon Go, you need to pick your 3 best Pokemons. Though, there are some tricks that you can implement to catch powerful Pokemons. Firstly, use any freely available source to check the spawning location of Pokemons. Now, you can use a location spoofer to change your whereabouts and catch the Pokemon remotely. For this, you can just use Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS) that can instantly spoof your iPhone location.
- Using Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS), you can easily change the present location of your iPhone without the need to jailbreak it.
- The application has a dedicated “Teleport Mode” that would let you look for any location by entering its address, keywords, or coordinates.
- It will display a map-like interface so that you can move the pin around and drop it to the exact location where you wish to catch a Pokemon.
- Besides that, the application can also be used to simulate the movement of your device between different spots at a preferred speed.
- Not just Pokemon, the desktop application can change your iPhone location for gaming, dating, or any other installed app.
Part 4: The Best Team Composition in Pokemon Go PVP Battles?
While picking the best PVP Pokemons, you need to ensure the team will have an aligned synergy and should be balanced. According to the experts, you should consider these 4 factors in team compositions.
These are mostly the first Pokemons that you would pick in a battle and will give you a needed “lead” in the game. Some best Pokemons for PVP that can be picked as a lead are Mantine, Altaria, and Deoxys.
These Pokemons are mostly picked when you don’t have proper defense. They are used at the end of the battle to ensure a win. Mostly, Umbreon, Skarmory, and Azumarill are considered the best closers in PVP Pokemon Go battles.
These Pokemons are known for their charged attacks that can weaken your opponent’s shields. Some of the best attackers in Pokemon Go are Whiscash, Bastiodon, and Medicham.
Lastly, make sure you have a strong Pokemon with good defense stats to block the opponent’s attacks. Froslass, Swampert, and Zweilous are considered the best defenders in Pokemon Go PVP battles.
I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to know more about some of the best PVP Pokemon Go picks. For your convenience, I have come up with a detailed list of some of the best PVP Pokemon Go picks. Besides that, I have also listed some expert tips that you should consider to have the best Pokemon Go team for a PVP match. Go ahead and try these tips or use Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS) to catch tons of powerful Pokemons from the comfort of your home.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking