How to Come up With the Best Pokemon Team? Expert Competitive Tips to Follow
If you have been playing Pokemon games (like Sun/Moon or Sword/Shield), then you must be familiar with their team building. To succeed, players are encouraged to create teams of their Pokemons that they have to use to complete missions. Though, it might take a while to master how you create a winning team. To help you, I have come up with some smart tips that would let you come up with some amazing Pokemon teams.
- Part 1: What are Some Good Pokemon Team Examples?
- Part 2: Things to Consider while Creating your Pokemon Team
- Part 3: How to Edit your Pokemon Team in the Game?
Part 1: What are Some Good Pokemon Team Examples?
To understand the dynamics of team composition, you should know that there are ideally different kinds of Pokemons:
- Sweeper: These Pokemons are mostly used to attack as they can do a lot of damage and even move swiftly. Though, they have low defense stats and can be of a physical or special type.
- Tanker: These Pokemons have high defense stats and can take a lot of damage. Though, they have slow movement and low attacking stats.
- Annoyer: They are known for their fast movement and while their damage might not be so high, they can annoy your opponents.
- Cleric: These are supportive Pokemons that are mostly used to heal or boost the stats of other Pokemons.
- Drainer: These are also supportive Pokemons, but they can drain the stats of your opponents while healing your team.
- Wall: These are tougher than tank Pokemons and can take a substantial amount of damage from sweepers.
Based on these different types of Pokemons, you can come up with the following teams to win your next battle:
1. 2x Physical Sweeper, 2x Special Sweeper, Tanker, and Annoyer
If you want to have an attacking team, then this would be the perfect combination. While the annoyer and tanker would drain the HP of the opponents, your sweeper Pokemons can finish them with their high attacking stats.
2. 3x Sweepers (Physical/Special/Mixed), Tanker, Wall, and Annoyer
This is one of the most balanced Pokemon teams that would work in almost every situation. In this, we have a tanker and a wall to take damage from the opponent’s Pokemon. Also, we have three different types of sweepers to do maximum damage.
3. Drainer, Tanker, Cleric, and 3 Sweepers (Physical/Special/Mixed)
In some situations (when there are lots of sweepers in the opponent’s team), this team would excel. Your support Pokemons (drainers and clerics) would boost the HP of sweepers while the tanker would take the damage.
4. Rayquaza, Arceus, Dialga, Kyogre, Palkia, and Groudon
This is one of the most legendary teams in Pokemon that any player can have. The only issue is catching these legendary Pokemons can take a lot of time and effort, but it would certainly be worth it.
5. Garchomp, Decidueye, Salazzle, Araquanid, Metagross, and Weavile
Even if you don’t have a lot of experience in the game, you can try this power-packed team in Pokemon games like Sun and Moon. It has the perfect balance of attacking and defensive Pokemons that would excel in every situation.
Part 2: Things to Consider while Creating your Pokemon Team
Since there could be so many ways for coming up with a Pokemon team, I would recommend following these suggestions:
Tip 1: Consider your strategy
The most important thing that you need to know is the overall strategy that you have to focus on game. For instance, at times, players would like to play defensively while others want to focus on attacking. Therefore, you can come up with a team composition according to your needs.
Tip 2: Try to attain a balanced team
Needless to say, if you have all attacking or all defensive Pokemons in your team, then you might not get the desired results. That’s why it is recommended to have a mixed bag of sweepers, healers, tankers, annoyers, etc. in your team.
Tip 3: Don’t pick Pokemons with common weaknesses
It is always recommended to have a diverse team so that your opponent can’t harass you. For instance, if two or more Pokemons have the same type of weakness, then your opponent can easily win by counter-picking Pokemons.
Tip 4: Practice and alter your team
Even if you have a decent team, it doesn’t mean that it would excel in all scenarios. It is always recommended to keep practicing with your team every now and team. Also, feel free to edit your team by swapping Pokemons. We have discussed how to edit Pokemon teams in the next section.
Fix 5: Research and pick rare Pokemons
Most importantly, keep looking up for Pokemon team suggestions by experts online and via other Pokemon-related communities. Also, a lot of players suggest picking rare or legendary Pokemons as they have limited weaknesses, making them harder to be countered.
Part 3: How to Edit your Pokemon Team in the Game?
Ideally, you can come up with all kinds of teams in Pokemon games. Though, there are times when we simply wish to edit the team according to different situations. This can easily be done by visiting your Pokemon team in the game.
The overall interface would largely vary on the game that you are playing. Let’s take the example of Pokemon Sword and Shield. At first, you can just go to the interface and select your team. Now, select the Pokemon of your choice and from the provided options, click on “Swap Pokemon”. This will provide a list of the available Pokemons that you can browse and choose a Pokemon to swap with.
There you go! By following these tips, you would be able to come up with a winning Pokemon team for different games. I have included various examples of Pokemon team combinations here that you can also apply. Besides that, you can also follow the above-listed tips to create different styles of amazing teams in Pokemon games like Sword/Shield or Sun/Moon like a pro.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking