5 Essential Things You Should Know about Team Go Rocket Grunts
"What are Team Go Rocket Grunts? I recently visited a Pokestop, but it seemed different and said that it has been invaded by Pokemon Go grunts."
If you have also taken a break from Pokemon Go lately, then you might not know the addition of Pokemon Go Rocket grunts. The concept of Pokemon Go Team Rocket grunts was added last year and has drastically changed the game. This has got a lot of players confused, who are still trying to figure out how to fight with Team Rocket grunt in Pokemon Go. Without much ado, let's discuss every important thing about Pokemon Go Rocket grunts.
Part 1: Who are Team Go Rocket Grunts?
If you have watched the original Pokemon anime, then you might be familiar with James and Jessie, who belonged to Team Rocket. Last year, Niantic also introduced Team Go Rocket grunts in the game. They are all a part of Team Rocket and have a malicious agenda of using Pokemons for bad things.
Presently, Pokemon Go grunts can invade any Pokestop near you. Now, your aim is to defeat these Pokemon Go Rocket grunts and claim the Pokestop again from them. If you win the battle, then it will increase your XP and would also get you a chance to catch a shadow Pokemon (that would be left behind by a grunt).
Part 2: What Types of Pokemons do Team Rocket Grunts use?
Once you approach a Pokestop that is invaded by a grunt in Pokemon Go, they will taunt you by saying something. On the basis of their taunts, you can decipher the kind of Pokemons they are about to use. This will help you select your Pokemons efficiently and you can easily win your upcoming battle with a Rocket grunt in Pokemon Go.
Prompt: Normal doesn't mean weak
Expected Pokemons: Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, and Snorlax
Shadow Pokemon: Porygon
Counter Pick: Fighting-type Pokemons
Expected Pokemons: Misdreavus, Sableye, Banette, and Dusclops
Shadow Pokemon: Misdreavus
Counter Pick: Dark-type Pokemons
Prompt: You will be defeated into the ground
Expected Pokemons: Sandshrew, Larvitar, Trapinch, Pupitar, Vibrava, Marowak, and Flygon
Shadow Pokemon: Sandshrew, Larvitar, or Trapinch
Counter Pick: Grass and water-type Pokemons
Prompt: Go, my super bug Pokemon!
Expected Pokemons: Weedle, Venenat, Kakuna, Venomoth, Beedrill, and Scizor
Shadow Pokemon: Weedle or Venonat
Counter Pick: Rock, fire, or flying-type Pokemons
Prompt: This buff physique isn't just for show
Expected Pokemons: Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee
Shadow Pokemon: Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee
Counter Pick: Psychic-type Pokemons
Prompt: Let's rock and roll!
Expected Pokemons: Omanyte, Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyranitar
Shadow Pokemon: Omanyte or Larvitar
Counter Pick: Fighting or psychic-type Pokemons
Prompt: Battle against my flying-type Pokemon!
Expected Pokemons: Zubat, Golbat, Scyther, Crobat, Gyarados, or Dragonite
Shadow Pokemon: Zubat or Golbat
Counter Pick: Electric or ice-type Pokemons
Prompt: Are you scared of psychics that use unseen power?
Expected Pokemons: Abra, Wobbuffet, Ralts, Hypno, Kirlia, Kadabra, and Drowzee
Shadow Pokemon: Abra, Wobbuffet, Hypno, or Ralts
Counter Pick: Dark-type Pokemons
Prompt: Don't tangle with us!
Expected Pokemons: Bulbasaur, Exeggcute, Bellsprout, Gloom, Ivysaur, Vileplume, and Weepinbell
Shadow Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Exeggcute, Bellsprout, or Gloom
Counter Pick: Fire-type Pokemon
Prompt: Get ready to be shocked
Expected Pokemons: Magnemite, Electabuzz, Mareep, Flaaffy, or Ampharos
Shadow Pokemon: Magnemite, Electabuzz or Mareep
Counter Pick: Ground-type Pokemons
Part 3: How to Battle Against Team Go Rocket Grunts?
Now when you know what kinds of Pokemons Team Go Rocket grunts use, you are all set to battle them. If you haven't defended a Pokestop from a Team Rocket grunt in Pokemon Go, then consider these steps.
1. Firstly, just launch Pokemon Go on your device and try to look for a Pokestop nearby. If a Pokestop has been invaded by a Rocket grunt in Pokemon Go, then it will have a highlighted shade and will keep moving.
2. Now, once you approach the Pokestop, its color will change to black and you can see a Team Rocket grunt in Pokemon Go.
3. To defend the Pokestop, just tap on the grunt and they will taunt you. Now, you can select your Pokemons and start fighting with them. This will be just like any other battle with different Pokemon line-ups.
4. Once you have defeated a grunt in Pokemon Go, you will gain XP points and premium balls. These balls can be used to catch a shadow Pokemon that would be left by Team Go Rocket grunts.
Part 4: Difference between Team Rocket Grunts and Leaders
Apart from different Team Go Rocket grunts, the game also had 3 Team Rocket leaders - Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo. Fighting them would be tougher than a usual grunt, but it will also result in better rewards and rare shadow Pokemons. Besides that, if you level-up in the Team Rocket tasks, then you can even fight their ultimate boss - Giovanni. You can only fight Team Rocket leaders if you are at least level 8 in the game.
1. Finding a Team Rocket leader is not that easy as you would need a Rocket Radar to identify their spots. Whenever you fight with Team Go Rocket grunts, they will leave a "mysterious item" in the end.
2. After when you will have 6 of these mysterious items, you can combine them, and they will form a "Rocket Radar".
3. Using the radar, you can view the hideout spots of these Team Rocket leaders. You can visit this Pokestop and fight with them just like you fight any other Team Go Rocket grunt. Though, fighting with them would be tougher as they will have higher-skilled Pokemons.
4. There are special research tasks in Pokemon Go presently that you need to complete to get a Super Rocket Radar. Using this radar, you can know the location of Giovanni (their boss) and fight him subsequently.
Part 5: Bonus Tip for Catching More Pokemons and Fighting Rocket Grunts
There are times when we don't wish to step out to look for various Pokemons or Pokestops that are invaded by a Rocket grunt in Pokemon Go. To resolve this, you can just use a location spoofer tool to change your iPhone location easily. I would recommend dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS) as it is pretty easy to use and does not need jailbreak access. With just a single click, you can specify any target location and further adjust the pin on the map to spoof your iPhone location.
4,039,074 people have downloaded it
Apart from teleporting to a specific location, you can also use it to simulate your movement in a route. There is an inbuilt joystick in the tool that you can use to move realistically in a route. This will help you look for various Pokestops and you won't get your account ban as well.
I hope that after reading this post, you would have got your doubts cleared about Pokemon Go grunts. As you can see, the Pokemon Go Team Rocket grunts can be anywhere, and you would have to put a lot of effort to find them. Alternatively, you can just use dr.fone - Virtual Location (iOS) to spoof your iPhone location and fight Team Go Rocket grunts from the comfort of your home.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking