3 Ways to Backup Your iPhone to Mac Catalina
Taking a backup of your data is essential to keep important files safe and secure while freeing phone space. Till now, you will need to take backup on iCloud, but if you do not want to pay for iCloud space, then macOS Catalina is a great option.
If you are not willing to pay for the storage space of iCloud, backing up your iPhone with a Mac Catalina is a good option. Apple has replaced the iTunes app with new apps, including Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV in macOS Catalina. The best part is that you can take back up of all the iPhone data on Mac Catalina with ease. Further, it will keep your data safe for long run and also allows you to restore your data anytime.
If you have no much knowledge about how to backup iPhone Catalina, then this guide is for you. In this article, we will teach on how to backup the iPhone to Mac Catalina.
Take a look!
Method 1: Sync Data to Backup iPhone on Catalina
Synchronizing data allows you to back up your device data safely to your Mac. You can sync all files or only selected files for backup. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to sync data backup.
- Connect your iPhone to your MAC or system. On your Mac with macOS Catalina, open Finder.
- You may receive a message of device passcode or to Trust This Computer.
- Follow the steps of process and if you forget the passcode, get help.
- Now, look for your iPhone on your system. If your device doesn't appear on the list, then try to reconnect it.
- Now, when you found your device, you can select the files that you want to backup iPhone on Catalina.
Here are the examples of data files to backup on Catalina. This will helps you to save your files on Catalina. Have a look!
Example 1.1 How to sync music, podcast, videos, and audios to your on Mac Catalina
- Open Finder in Mac
- From the left side on the screen, select your device
- On the right-hand side, you will see options of files and there click on the music, audios, videos, and podcast tab one by one
- Check the box Sync Music, audio, videos, and podcast onto your device
- Under Sync, you can select Entire files or can choose selected albums, artists, topics, etc.
- Click Apply. This will sync all needed files between your MAC and iPhone
Example 1.2 How to sync photos to your iPhone on macOS Catalina
- Click on the Finder
- Select your device from the left side of the screen
- Click on the photo tab from the right-hand side
- Tick the files to sync and click apply
Note: To Sync the data, you will need your passcode. If you forget it, you will not be able to recover or restore your data from backup. For people who do not want to use Catalina for backup data, there are third-party apps that we have discussed in the below section.
Method 2: Third-Party Apps to Backup
If you are not running macOS Catalina and do not want to use iTunes for back up, then you can use a third-party app. There are many third-party apps available to backup the iPhone but only few of them are safe to use. Following are the two apps that you may consider to backup your iOS device. Choose the best among them.
App 1: Dr.Fone-Phone Backup
It is a very easy-to-use app that can backup all your device's data in a single click. Plus, you can preview and restore any file from the backup to your iOS/Android devices. The best part is that, it not only restores backup, but also helps restore iTunes as well as iCloud backup files.
Why Choose Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS)
- It offers flexible backup
As compared to backup iPhone data with iTunes or iCloud, Dr.Fone offers a flexible solution to restore and backup data. It can backup selective data without overwriting the existing data on your device.
- Backup iPhone is easy
The whole backup process will only take a one-click after you connected your device to the system successfully. Plus, the new backup file will not overwrite the old one.
- Easy to restore backup data
With Dr.Fone, you can review your data and can backup or restore what is necessary. The whole process is very easy and time-saving, as well. With just single click you can restore the data that you need.
How to Backup iPhone with Dr.Fone?
Making a backup of iPhone or iOS device with Dr.Fone is very easy and simple. Here is the step by step guide for you that will help you to backup iPhone data. Take a look!
- First, connect the iOS device to the system
Download, install, and launch the Dr.Fone on your system. After this, choose the Phone Backup option from its tool list.
When installed, connect your iPhone or iPad to your system with a lightning cable. Now, select Device Data Backup & Restore option.
- Choose file types you want to take backup
After selecting the Device Data Backup & Restore, you will see file types on screen, and you can choose any file type to backup. Then tap on "Backup."
Further, you can also opt for the folder below the file types to customize the saving path.
You only need to wait for few minutes for the backup process to complete. Once the backup is completed, Dr.Fone will display all the supported data.
- View the data you backed up
When the backup is completed, you can View the Backup History anytime, anywhere. Also, you can import these files on your system. You can either select one by one or can select all to export on the system.
All in all, backup iPhone data with Dr.Fone is very easy and safe as well.
App 2: CopyTrans Software for iPhone Backup
CopyTrans is another software that you can use to take backup of your iPhone. It is easy to use tool that offers easy options to delete and edit files. Also, it keeps your data safe while managing your files sensibly.
The best part is that you can choose which data you want to backup or which, not with this tool. After backup, you can easily restore images, messages, calendars, notes, app data, SMS, WhatsApp, Viber, and much more. To keep data safe, it is important to make regular backups of your iOS device. CopyTrans allows you to back up as well as restore your iOS data without the need for iTunes or iCloud.
But, the drawback of this software is that it can only transfer 50 contacts for a single purchase. If you need to backup more content, then you need to make another purchase.
Method 3: Wi-Fi Sync to Backup
- First, you will need to connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable. Also, make sure that your device is unlocked. A message may appear on your device about whether to trust the computer or to confirm things. Agree on that and confirm.
- Now that your iPhone gets successfully connected with iTunes. You will see a small device icon below the menu bar; click on that device icon.
- After this, look at the sidebar and select a summary from the list of sidebar.
- Now, you will need to choose "this computer" as your destination device. Rest it is up to you; if you do not want to make the system your destination, you can encrypt it, but remember the password.
- Now, under the "Options," choose Sync with this iPhone or iOS over Wi-Fi. This ensures your backups get Sync correctly over Wi-Fi.
- Do not forget to click Done to save the changes.
Note to make Wi-Fi backup work
With the above steps, you will learn about how to backup iPhone or iOS over Wi-Fi. But there are certain conditions that you will need to keep in mind while sync data over Wi-Fi
- Both devices that are your iPhone and system must be on the same Wi-Fi network
- iTunes needs to be open on the system.
- Your iPhone or any other iOS device should be charged fully.
Bakcups are critical to secure the data for long run. If your iPhone memory get full or if you are planning to free memory space, then make backup of iPhone on Catalina. In the above article you will learn about how to backup iPhone on Catalina, take help from that to save your data at safe place.
If you want an easy and simple way to backup or restore your iOS data, then Dr.Fone is a great tool. It is safe to install and easy to use. With just one click you can make backup of your whole data. Try it now!
- Backup iPhone Data
- Backup iPhone Contacts
- Backup iPhone Text Messages
- Backup iPhone Photos
- Backup iPhone apps
- Backup iPhone Password
- Backup Jailbreak iPhone Apps
- iPhone Backup Solutions
- Best iPhone Backup Software
- Backup iPhone to iTunes
- Backup Locked iPhone Data
- Backup iPhone to Mac
- Backup iPhone Location
- How to Backup iPhone
- Backup iPhone to Computer
- iPhone Backup Tips