Reset iTunes Backup Password: Prevention & Solution
When you back up the data from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you will have a copy of the information stored on those devices. It's free to use iTunes, iCloud, or both to back up your device.
If you have forgotten the password to your backup, you may reset your iPhone backup password by following these instructions. The process to reset the iTunes backup password is simple within only a few minutes.
To get started, please follow the instructions that are listed below.
Part 1: iPhone Backup Encryption Specifications
A safety precaution that may be taken to prevent unwanted access to your iPhone backups is using a password for the backups themselves.
If you forget your password, you will be required to reset it before being able to access your backups again.
iCloud and iTunes Backup Password
Resetting your password may be done in different methods, depending on whether or not you have an iCloud account. You may reset your iCloud password by visiting the iCloud website and following the steps. This requires that you already have an iCloud account.
Connecting your device to a computer and using the iTunes program will allow you to reset your password even if you do not have an iCloud account. After successfully changing your password, you can access your backups the same way as before.
To improve the safety of your iPhone backup, you should first change the password for your iTunes backup. This will guarantee that no one else can see your backup file and that only you can access it. No one else will have chance to get it.
Basic Ways for Password Security
To reset your password, go to the Preferences menu in iTunes, and click on the Reset Password button. You will be prompted to enter your old password and a new one. Please choose a strong password that cannot be easily guessed.
Another way to enhance the security of your iPhone backup is to use iCloud instead of iTunes. iCloud offers an extra layer of security, as your backup file will be encrypted when transmitted to iCloud.
In addition, iCloud requires you to enter your Apple ID and password to access your backup file. This means that only you can access your backup and that it will be more difficult for someone else to gain access to it.
Part 2: How to Reset iPhone Backup Password?
Forgot your iPhone backup password? Don't worry, and we can help!
Our step-by-step guide will show you how to reset iPhone backup password in minutes. Follow these simple steps, and you'll be able to access your backed-up data in no time. We guarantee it!
Follow on to learn how to reset your iPhone backup password now!
1. "Reset All Settings" in "Settings."
Get into Settings on your iOS device, then choose General, and Reset.
Now, go to Reset All Settings and confirm by entering the security passcode. Your phone will reset to the default setting. Get rid of the password for the last backup without deleting any other apps or data.
2. "Back Up Now" in "iCloud."
If you already have a backup stored in iCloud, you may use iCloud to reset the encryption password iPhone.
Turn on the mobile and look for the "Hello" screen. If you have previously set up your iPhone, you must delete or remove all of the material before continuing.
Navigate to the Apps & Data menu, and choose the Restore from iCloud Backup option.
After successfully signing in with your Apple ID, choose Backup.
3. Find it back in the macOS keychain
Launch Keychain Access by going to Application, then Utilities, and choose Keychain Access once your Mac has booted up.
Check for a backup by entering it into the search box and looking for it there.
Double-click Show Password, and choose it from the drop-down menu. The password for your iPhone backup will be shown, and you can reset iTunes backup password now!
Bonus Tips: Best App to Remove iTunes Backup Password
Do you have a loved one's locked iPhone and don't know the passcode?
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock is the world's first and only tool to remove any lock screen on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod without knowing the password. It also unlocks iCloud locks, removes MDM profiles, and bypasses MDM locks without data loss.
So, whether your loved one has forgotten their screen lock code, had their phone stolen, or is stuck on the activation lock screen, Dr.Fone Screen Unlock can help.
The process is simple -download the software, connect your device to your computer, click a few buttons, and voila! Your device is unlocked with no data loss. And there's no need to jailbreak your device or enter any passwords - it's all done with just a few clicks.
With Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock, you can easily follow the steps to remove iTunes backup password.
Step 1: Install Dr.Fone, launch it and select the red button "Screen Unlock."
Step 2: Go to the Screen Unlock interface, tap on "Remove iTunes BackUp Encryption" on the bottom right to reset the encryption password iPhone.
Step 3: Connect your iOS device to the PC via a USB cable. You will see the image if Dr.Fone can detect this connection.
Click "Remove Now"
- Make sure "Find My iPhone" is off.
- Do not open "iTunes" in the process.
- Your device will reboot in the process of removing
Step 4: Dr.Fone will verify and remove your iTunes backup password when the progress bar reaches 100%
Step 5: iTunes backup encryption is removed successfully! You can now reset iTunes backup password without any trouble.
Part 4: Tips to Keep Your iPhone Backup Password
1. Use birthday as password
It is essential to use a password that is both robust and one of a kind if you want to have the safety of the backup password for your iPhone.
Using your birthdate as the password is one approach that has shown to be useful. This strategy helps guarantee that your password is not readily guessed or cracked while at the same time ensuring that it is simple for you to remember.
2. Use a third-party app to keep it
There is a wide selection of third-party software on the market that may assist you in maintaining the privacy and integrity of the data stored on your iPhone.
These applications cannot only safeguard your data but also add additional levels of protection, making it impossible for anybody else, even if they know the password, to access the data.
KeepSafe and Norton Zone are just examples of the many different programs available. Not only will your iPhone backup password be safe and secure with these programs, but other crucial information stored on your phone will also be protected.
3. Write it down on a note
If you need to change your iPhone's backup password but have forgotten it, you'll know how aggravating it is. Passwords can be difficult to keep straight in your head even after you've exhausted the most obvious possibilities.
Fortunately, you can save your password as a note on your iPhone and access it whenever necessary. If you store the note somewhere secure (like a password-protected notes app or a master password manager), you shouldn't have any problems.
Launch Notes and make a new note to do this. After that, you may protect the message with a password and save it.
You may now easily access your backup password by referring to the note. Though it's not ideal, it's better than losing track of your password and starting over from scratch.
The Bottom Line
The process to reset iPhone's backup password is not as complicated as you think and can be completed in a matter of minutes. You may quickly and reset your password and go back to using your phone by following the steps outlined above.
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock is the easiest method to delete the password from your iTunes backup. This program makes regaining access to your phone and its contents as simple as tapping a screen. If you want to avoid going through this procedure again, be sure to implement the suggestions provided in Section 3.
- iPhone Data Backup
- 1. Back up iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 2. Back Up iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 3. Back up iPhone to Mac
- 4. Back up iPhone/iPad to Computer
- 5. Back up iPhone to Mac Catalina
- 6. Back up Jailbreak Apps And Restore
- 7. iPhone Backup Software
- 8. Back up iPhone/iPad Easily
- 9. Back up iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
- 10. Back up iPhone Apps and App Data
- 11. Back up Notes on iPhone and iPad
- 12. Back up iOS to External Hard Drive
- 13. Export Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
- 14.Back up iPhone Photos to Google Photos
- 15. Back Up Your iPhone Voicemails
- 16. Back Up to External Drive
- 17.How to Back Up to NAS
- 18.Back Up iPhone With Broken Screen
- 19.Back Up iPhone to Google Drive
- 20.Buy Used iPhones
- 21.Sell Used Phone for Cash
- 22.Sell Used iPhone for Dollar
- 23.How Much is My iPhone Worth
- iPhone Data Recovery
- 1. Recover iPhone Data Without Backup
- 2. Restore Calendar on iPhone
- 3. Recover Call History on iPhone
- 4. Recover iPhone Lost Data
- 5. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 6. Undelete iPhone Backup Files
- 7. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages
- iPhone Data Restore
- 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
- 2. Restore iPhone after Downgrade
- 3. Restore iPhone from Backup
- 4. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 5. Restore iPhone from DFU Mode
- 6. Restore iPhone Deleted Text Message
- iPhone Backup Problems
- 1. Find iPhone Backup Location on Mac
- 2. iPhone Backup Password Never Set
- 3. iPhone Backup Password Forget
- 4. iCloud Backup Taking Forever
- 5. iPhone Won't Backup to iCloud
- 6. iTunes Won't Backup iPhone
- iPhone Restore Problems
- 1. iTunes Stuck on Verifying iPhone
- 2. Not Space to Restore iPhone Backup
- 3. iTunes Backup Not Restoring
- 4. iPhone Won't Restore
- WhatsApp Backup & Restore
- 1. WhatsApp from Google Drive to iOS
- 2. Restore Old WhatsApp Backup
- 3. Restore WhatsApp Chat on iPhone
- 4. Retrieve WhatsApp Chat History
- 5. See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp
- 6. Restore WhatsApp Stuck on iPhone
- 7. iPhone WhatsApp to Google Drive
- 8. Back Up WhatsApp on iPhone
- 9. Backup WhatsApp Data before Changing Number
- iPhone Backup Tips
- 1. Extract Data From iPhone
- 2. Encrypt iPhone Backup
- 3. Reset iPhone Backup Password
- 4. Extract iPhone Backup in Win 10
- 5. How Long take iPhone to Backup
- 6. Find iPhone Backup Location
- 7. iPhone Backup Password
- 8. View iPhone Backup on Computer
- 9. iPhone Backup with iTunes/iCloud
- 10. iPhone Backup Unlockers
- 11.How To Encrypt iPhone Backup
- 12. Best Backup Chargers for iPhone
- 13. Speed Up Your iPhone Backups
- 14. Save Data When iPhone Disabled
- 15.Check Last Backup on iPhone