How to Share Location in Messenger
Sometimes our close ones do not know precisely where we are; therefore, it becomes quite a risk for us if we fall into trouble. Therefore, apart from the numerous reasons, the most crucial being the safety reasons, it is essential to enable the tracking of our locations somehow. And this is possible by sharing your location on messenger.
The central aspect of this is precise location sharing of your current place. You can even send your live location, which enables the location status to move along with your change of position on the map. But how to share live location on messenger? You need not worry anymore. We have the following discussion dedicated to this question and other related and vital topics. So, here we begin the very needed and crucial discussion with no more delay.
Part 1: How to Share Live Location on Messenger
Messenger is primarily known as a platform where people can connect and communicate. But, this platform's significant advancement and development have enabled it to be useful in many other ways possible. For example, one of the features of the messenger is sending location on messenger with whoever you want.
Now, how to send the location to the messenger? The following steps will readily help you know the perfect and the most effortless way of sharing your location on messenger whenever you need it. The steps are as follows.
- Step 1: The first step is to open the chat with the person you would like to share your location with, and remember that your location access will be turned off after 60 minutes of sharing it.
- Step 2: On the long bar, where you type your texts, you will find an option of “More”. So, click on the option “More”.
- Step 3: You will find the location button on the “More” option. However, sometime, in some devices or versions, the users might not need to opt for the “More” option. The option for “Location” is already present beside the bar for texting. The user does not need to go for the second step and just skip it in such a case. So, the next step, or the third step, is to opt for the “Location” option.
- Step 4: A map will open. You will have to find a blue bar saying “Start Sharing Live Location” and tap on it on that map.
The time starts ticking the moment you share your location. The person seeing your live location also can know the time duration, as, after 60 minutes, the live location access gets disabled. Or, you can readily opt for the “Stop” option to disable sharing your live location anytime you prefer.
- Step 1: To begin with, you need to launch the messenger. Once opened, look for the chat. That chat is of the person you want to share your live location with.
- Step 2: Once completed, you need to select the four dots given on the left side from where you type the text.
- Step 3: When you tap on it, you will see a “Location” button. Tap on it.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to the map screen. Here, tap on the blue bar at the bottom saying “START SHARING LIVE LOCATION”.
Part 2: How to Send Pinned Location on Messenger
One of the most incredible things about Facebook messenger location sharing is that you can pin a location to keep the precision for the end-user. So if you wonder how to do it, here are the steps.
- Step 1: Launch the messenger and open the conversation where you want to share the pinned location.
- Step 2: Tap on the plus icon located beside the text bar.
- Step 3: A location icon will appear. Select that and move to the next step.
- Step 4: You will notice a pin icon in the bottom right. Tap on it and now drag the map t the location you want.
- Step 5: Lastly, click “Send Location,” and you are good to go!
- Step 1: As obvious, open messenger and then the desired chat.
- Step 2: A four-dotted icon will be noticeable next to the text bar. Tap on it.
- Step 3: Now tap on the location icon
- Step 4: Tap on the pin icon right at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: Drag the map to keep the pin in the desired location. Then tap on “Send Location.”
Part 3: How to Search for A Location on Messenger
Many times, we can't locate the exact location and pin it. In such a case, you can use the “search for location” feature from the messenger. These are the steps you should follow.
- Step 1: Open the desired chat and tap the plus icon.
- Step 2: Tap the location icon followed by the pin icon
- Step 3: Use the search bar above the map and tap the send button once you find the location.
- Step 1: Like the above, open the chat and tap on four dots.
- Step 2: Tap “Location” and tap on the pin icon.
- Step 3: Look above the search bar “Find a place or address.” Tap on it to search for the desired location. Once done, tap on location in the results.
Part 4: How to Share Google Maps Location with Messenger?
You can also share Google maps via messenger, which is very similar to how to send live locations on messenger. So, let us now look into the steps for sharing Google Maps locations with the messenger app.
- Step 1: Go to Google Maps app on your phone or any other device you use.
- Step 2: Select where you want to share your location. Hold the location to drop a pin.
- Step 3: Go to the bottom and tap on the name of the place or the address of the place.
- Step 4: Go to the "More" option and tap on the icon for sharing. Sometimes, on some devices, you can directly find the option of "Share."
- Step 5: Select "Messenger" as the app. Select the chat on FB and share the Google map through that option, and you will be done with the successful completion of how to share location messenger via Google Maps.
Here, some aspects are essential, and all users must note that, firstly, one must not share their Google Maps location with strangers. So ensure that the person who knows your location is trustable and someone you know. Secondly, ensure to disable the live location sharing option as soon as the need is fulfilled. And install malware protection software that can help your device stay protected against any threats.
Part 5: Fake Location to Prevent Others from Tracking You
Sometimes, the use of fake locations is crucial. One of the primary reasons is safety. It is best to use counterfeit locations so no unwanted person can track us or find our locations. It saves us from potential threats and enables us to stay safe.
And, to assist you in integrating fake locations in your device as effortlessly as possible, Dr.Fone – Virtual Location, the best tool, is here with its most compelling feature. Dr.Fone – Virtual Location includes numerous features, one of which is the feature of changing location on messenger. Its features are as follows.
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- You can change or fake your location with just a click.
- You can readily trick all apps that include locations.
- You can customize the speed of mocking the GPS locations.
- You can save your created routes.
Now that we know how to share live location on messenger, let us learn how we can change or fake our location on messenger. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Install the Tool
Get the tool and run it after installation. First, pick out the “Virtual Locations” option followed by “Get Started.”
Step 2: Connect the Device
Get the correct cord and plug your device into the PC.
Step 3: Activate Teleport Mode
Locate your location on the map if you can’t get the accurate one. For this, use the “Center On” icon.
Click on “Teleport mode”, select your preferred location, and select “Go”.
Step 4: Fake the Location
Move the curse or the pointer to the location you want precisely and select “Move Here.”
You can watch the video below to understand how to change your GPS Location on Android or iOS 2022
The world has shifted into our hands, and we can control almost all aspects of our lives. One of the many beneficial developments in the technological field is the ability to track our locations. As a result, you can require fake locations for your safety or when you do not want your parents, peers, or anyone else to know.
The above discussion has covered all the necessary topics, from sharing my location on messenger to how you can fake your location on messenger. So, use the features wisely and safely, and readily opt for Dr.Fone whenever you need to veil your location.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking