Pokémon Go Trade Distance: What You Should Know
Playing the Pokémon Go game is fun and exciting as you get to discover, catch and train Pokémons on your journey. Aside from that, you also get to visit gyms in different areas where you can defeat the leader and if you do, you can have the bragging rights for that gym. Aside from that Pokémon Go has added a new feature that has been requested multiple times by avid fans of the game and that is Pokémon Go trading. Back when people were playing with Pokémon cards, they were also trading their Pokémon with others, and to have trading added to the game, was a complete package for the fans.
With this new trading feature, there are limitations as compared to when you played it with cards back then. So we will also share those with you so you know what you can and cannot do when playing and trading in Pokémon Go.
Part 1: What is The Maximum Trade Distance in Pokémon Go?
With Pokémon Go trading, there are limitations and rules that they have implemented so the players will not abuse this new feature. For example, there is a maximum distance of 100 meters that you should follow to be able to trade with other players of the game. If you go way beyond that, you will not be able to trade any Pokémon. On top of this, there are also Pokémon that are only available in certain countries which is a disadvantage for players outside of that country.
Moreover, there are special events in the game that maximizes the trading distance up to 12 or even 40 kilometers. These events give the player a rare opportunity to trade with other players outside of their area. So once you see these special events, you can use this as a chance to be able to trade with players that are far from you.
Part 2: Trading Mechanics and Requirements in Pokémon Go
You must now be excited to trade and collect new Pokémon after knowing the basic information about them. However, if you want to trade in Pokémon Go, there are requirements that you will need to fulfill before you can trade. Below are the requirements you must meet before you can trade.
- The player must be within the maximum trading distance of 100 meters.
- You will need to be friends with the player that you will be trading with.
- The players need to at least be at least Level 10 or above to trade.
If you have already ticked these requirements, then you can now move on to start trading with other eligible players and collect more Pokémon.
Part 3: How to Trade with Other Trainers in Pokémon Go?
Once you are within the 100-meter trading distance with another player, you can start trading with them and follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open the Pokémon Go application and go to "Friends List". Make sure that you are already friends with that player.
Step 2: You can now select the player that you want to trade with from your list.
Step 3: Then, you will be redirected to choose the Pokémon that you want to trade.
Step 4: Finally, once you have selected the Pokémon, both players will be alerted and will show the Stardust that is needed for the trade.
Part 4: Can You Trade Pokémon with Someone Far Away Physically?
Despite the trade restrictions that Pokémon Go imposed, there is a way for you to trade Pokémon with someone that is physically far from you and that is by using our product "Dr.Fone - Virtual Location". You probably know someone that is located more than 100 meters away from you but if you would like to trade Pokémon with them, you can do that with our product.
Our product allows you to teleport to any place in the world and unlock worlds that you would have never discovered unless you fly to that location. Using Dr. Fone - Virtual Location is easy and just requires a few steps that you can follow.
Step 1: Download Dr. Fone - Virtual Location on your computer.
Step 2: Open the program and you can connect your phone to your computer or laptop via USB. Then, you can click on "Get Started".
Step 3: On the screen, they will show your current location.
Step 4: To go to another location, you can click on "Teleport Mode" which is the 1st icon on the upper right and you can type the place you want to go to.
Step 5: It will then take you to the place that you want, and you can click on "Move Here".
Step 6: Finally, it will show you that chosen location that you typed and you can then check your current location on your phone which shows the same place.
Part 5: FAQs about Pokémon Go Trading
This new trading feature in Pokémon Go might still be confusing to some of the players. That is why we have gathered some questions that might arise during your playing sessions in Pokémon Go.
1. Can Traded Pokémon be traded again in Pokémon Go?
Unfortunately, you cannot trade a Pokémon more than once in Pokémon Go. This is done so the players can be prevented from changing the Pokémon's stats through trading. So once you have traded that Pokémon, you cannot use that to trade again.
2. Can You Trade Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go?
Yes, you are able to trade Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go. However, if you do decide to trade Legendary Pokémon, you will need to use a lot of your Stardust to complete the trade. On the bright side, you can trade Legendary Pokémon to fill in your Pokedex slots.
3. What are Special Trades?
Special trades are trades where it involves players who have Legendary Pokémon, Pokémon that have not been registered in that player's Pokedex or any shiny Pokémon. We have talked more about special trading and how you can do this in our other article, "Pokémon Go Special Trade: What You Should Know".
4. Why can't I trade a Pokémon in Pokémon Go?
There are various reasons that you cannot trade in Pokémon Go. One of them could be that your trainer is not at Level 10 or above yet, which hinders you from trading. One more reason is that you are probably not friends with the other player yet so you can add them to be sure. Lastly, the other reason could be that the other player is located at a distance that is farther than 100 meters which can be solved by using our product, "Dr.Fone - Virtual Location", and choosing a location that is within 100 meters of the other player. Once you have all of these issues fixed, then you can now start trading Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
5. What is Daily Trade Limit in Pokémon GO?
We know how fun trading can be but in Pokémon Go, there are still limits when it comes to daily trading. In this case, there are only two limits that you should be aware of. The trade limits are you are allowed to do 100 regular trades and 1 special trade-in in 1 day. So in 1 day, you are allowed to do a total of 101 trades which you can do with either 1 friend or different friends on your list. Also do note that once you have traded the Pokémon once, you will not be able to trade them again.
There you have it, this is what you must know about Trading in Pokémon Go. They may have a lot of restrictions in place but once you have the requirements met, trading will be easy peasy for you. The requirements are easy to follow but if you are struggling with trading within 100 meters, you can use "Dr.Fone - Virtual Location" to fix this temporary issue and resume trading with that trainer far from you.
We also hope that the tips that we shared in this article will be of immense help for all Pokémon Go players in trading and reliving their childhood dream of being able to collect multiple Pokémons in their Pokedex.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking