Is pgsharp legal when you are playing pokemon?
Pokémon Go is the phenomenon that hit us in 2016 and made us obsessed with the AR game based on real-time location. If you are one of those players who have been to all the local PokeStops in hopes of finding your favorite rare Pokémon, then it might be time for you to consider spoofing your location while playing PoGo.
Pokémon Go relies on GPS coordinates and real-time tracking to let players catch Pokémon s in real locations. Hence, spoofing comes to the discussion of "catching them all."
'Spoofing' location makes your phone, and thereby the game thinks that you're in another location, which opens up the possibility to catch new and rare Pokémon s from gyms and PokeStops around the world.
Part 1: Is Pgsharp legal?
No game developer likes to see their game played in unfair ways. Thus, Niantic (PoGo's Dev) made some strict rules against exploiting their game, giving some players an unfair advantage over others.
So, is PGSharp legal? No, Spoofing location, in general, is illegal. Hence, any apps like PGSharp, or Fake GPS Go, used to disguise actual real-time location and fake it, will result in an account ban.
According to Niantic's terms and conditions:
- "Using any techniques to alter or falsify a device's location (for example through GPS spoofing).
- And "Accessing Services in an unauthorized manner (including using modified or unofficial third party software)."
If Niantic detects usage of a fake location or GPS spoofing app while playing Pokémon Go, they will impose a strike on your account.
- The first strike would make rare Pokémon s not visible to you for seven days.
- The second strike would temporarily ban you from playing the game for 30 Days.
- The third strike will permanently ban your account.
You can appeal these strikes to Niantic if you think you've been banned without violation of any terms.
Part 2: Three ways to spoof on Android
- PGSharp :
PGSharp is one of the most reliable ways to spoof your location while playing Pokémon Go. Niantic does not easily recognize its simple map-like UI as a fake location app.
Note: It is recommended not to use your main account while spoofing; rather, you should use your PTC (Pokémon Trainer Club) account.
- To spoof the location with PGSharp, go to Google's "Play store," search "PGSharp," and install it.
- After installation, there are two versions: Free and Paid. For trying the app with the free version, a beta key is not required anymore, while for the paid version, a key from the developer is required.
- For the paid key, visit PGSharp's official website and generate a license key.
You must note that it may take two or more tries to generate a working key, and often it may show an "out of stock." message.
- After opening the app and applying the key, you can spoof the location with ease.
Note: You may need to allow "Mock location" from debugging options. For this, go to "Settings," then to "About Phone," then you need to tap on "Build number" seven times to enable developer's mode, and finally go to "Debugging" to allow "Mock location."
- Fake GPS Go:
Fake GPS Go is another location spoofer app for Android that is reliable and free. This app allows you to fake your real-time location and enables you to spoof it to any place in the world. This is one of the easiest solutions to playing Pokémon Go while spoofing location without getting detected with its real-map-like UI. Moreover, this app does not even require root access.
- To install Fake GPS Go, go to Google's "Play store," search "Fake GPS Go," and install it.
- Then, go to your phone's "Settings" and then "System" followed by "About Phone," and tap on the "Build Number" 7 times to enable the Developer Options.
- Then you need to go to "Debugging" in "Developers Options" to allow "Mock location."
- And then, you can use this app to not only spoof your location but virtually walk around a route at a designated pace to make it look as real as possible for being undetected by developers like Niantic.
Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) App is the safest option to spoof your location while playing PoGo, as it masks your IP address and uses a server in any other location.
Moreover, some VPNs would also encrypt your data, so it would not be easy for Game Devs to track it.
- To install a VPN, go to Google's "Play store," search the VPN of your choice and install it.
- Close the Pokémon Go app from running in the background to prevent detection of the VPN.
- Now, select a location server to any place before opening the PoGo app again.
Note: Some Free VPNs only mask your IP address and do not spoof your location, nor do they encrypt your data. Hence, selecting a good VPN app is imperative, which will spoof GPS location and data encryption.
You can use both VPNs (which do not spoof GPS location themselves) and the Fake location app simultaneously for extra reliability.
Part 3: Best way to spoof on iOS – dr.fone Virtual Location
Spoofing the GPS location on iPhones is more difficult and much more complex than it is on Android. However, there is a solution. Dr.Fone comes to the rescue with their Virtual Location tool that works seamlessly. This program is easy to use and allows you to simulate your location between 2 and multiple spots with ease. Apart from that you can teleport anywhere with ease. Let us know how this tool works.
Step 1: Download the tool on your PC from the official website of drfone. Select "Virtual Location" given on the first page of the program.
Step 2: Now, have your iPhone connected to your computer. Then select "Get Started". Now a map will open in a new window, showing your actual location.
Step 3: Enable the "teleport mode" by the third icon in the right-upper corner of the map. Then, enter the location you want to spoof your phone's GPS to in the text box in the map's left-upper section. Select "Go".
Step 4: Now select "Move here." And you will have successfully spoofed your location on your iOS device. To confirm, open the maps app on your device.
- Do not spoof or change location very frequently, as this might raise suspicion to the Game Dev (Niantic), and the account may get terminated, stating violation of terms.
- Do not use spoofing too frequently. The best way to not get your account suspended is to replicate actual travel patterns.
- Please select a new spoof location and scout it for a couple of days before going to a close-by spoof location. After you are done with the country in the spoof-location, you can move on to neighboring countries before returning to your original location (i.e., switching off the spoof.)
- After you are done with your gaming, always remember to close the game from the background before turning off the spoof location.
- Do not always play with the spoof location. Play with your original location for a couple of weeks before spoofing your location.
- Do not spoof location to countries on different continents within a short time.
Following these tips will help you to behave like an actual traveler who's on a Pokémon hunt. This will make it even harder for game devs to detect any discrepancies.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking