Pokémon Go Cooldown Chart: What You Should Know
Pokémon Go is a viral game; hence many people try to cheat to achieve high scores and invade others' privacy. The good news is that the Pokémon company is very responsive to preventing and combating such attacks. Cooldown Pokémon go another such feature to deter cheating. So let us discuss what cooldown means.
What is a cooldown? Cooldown Time restricts to stop a player from repeating multiple actions at different locations in a specified period.
Part 1: What does Soft Banned & Cooldown Mean?
A soft ban is a restriction to discourage people from playing Pokémon Go while driving or moving. The three primary reasons for getting a soft ban are GPS spoofing, sharing accounts, and traveling fast. A soft ban is a temporary ban triggered when the Pokémon determines that the player cannot arrive within a period. So how do you know if you're soft-banned Pokémon go? A soft ban has some consequences, i.e., wasting tickets, no Pokémon guarding towers, no attacking Pokémon defending towers, etc.
What does cool down mean? Cooldown is the time a player has to wait after completing the in-game action. It is calculated from the distance you travel between the triggering activities. It depends on distance travel, and the time for cooldown is also high when the distance is high.
Part 2: What Happens When You Get a Soft Ban?
When you get a soft ban, its duration is about 12 hours. In this period, any Pokémon you catch during the ban period will leave even if you use any ball type or berries. It also restricts you from winning gym fights and looting Pokéstops. You can still keep playing Pokémon, though, as it is the most lenient form of ban.
Part 3: Cooldown Rules and How to Avoid Soft Ban in Pokémon Go?
1. How long does it take for a Pokémon to Cool Down?
The cooldown time is proportional to the distance covered by the player. So, when you perform an action marking our location, the cooldown time starts, and you must wait until the cooldown time is over. Here is a quick review of how long the cooldown you can expect.
|Total Distance Covered||Cooldown Period|
|1 km||30 seconds|
|5 km||2 minutes|
|10 km||6 minutes|
|25 km||11 minutes|
|30 km||14 minutes|
|65 km||22 minutes|
|81 km||25 minutes|
|100 km||35 minutes|
|250 km||45 minutes|
|500 km||1 hour|
|750 km||1 hour 20 minutes|
|1000 km||1 hour 30 minutes|
|>1500 km||2 hour|
2. How long must I wait to avoid a softban?
The waiting period for a soft ban is around 12 hours. After this time, if you can try and catch a Pokémon, it means the soft ban is over.
3. Actions that Do trigger cooldown?
The main reasons for a soft ban are GPS spoofing, changing your location to a distant place in a short time, and traveling too fast to combat playing while driving. Sharing accounts is another reason.
So, what action of a player can trigger a cooldown? Let us list them here for quick reference.
- If you catch a wild Pokémon, like the ones coming from Incense, Meltan's Mystery Box،, Lure Modules, and Special Lures.
- Another trigger of the cooldown is dropping the ball on the encounter screen.
- When you feed a wild Pokémon a berry.
- When you feed a gym defender on a screen radar.
- Gym battles.
- When a Pokémon flees, if you try to catch it.
4. Actions that DO NOT trigger cooldown?
On the other hand, some actions that do not trigger a cooldown in Pokémon Go;
- We are encountering a wild Pokémon.
- Feeding a berry to a gym defender remotely.
- Auto Walking
- Eggs hatching
- Exchanging gifts.
- Pokémon evolution.
- Catching reward Pokémon from quests
- Speed raids but only after a 2-hour Cooldown
- Trading a Pokémon
- Transferring a Pokémon
- Buddy changing
- Using Candies and Stardust to get a second move for a Pokémon
- Incense, Lucky Egg or Starpiece
- Player vs. Player or team leader battles
- Buying a Lure Module or Special Lure at a PokéStop
- Buying coins and shop items
- Pokémon power up
- Speed raids without a 2-hour Cooldown
- Claiming rewards
- Changing your avatar's clothes or items
- Clicking on a gym with an active raid to get a free raid pass
- Finding and catching certain Pokémon from s Smeargle and Party Hat Pikachu
- Dropping a ball
5. What happens if you break the cooldown of Pokémon Go?
When you break the cooldown Pokémon go, you are bound to face a soft ban. How do you know if you're soft-banned Pokémon go? If you attempt to take any action in the game and receive a "Try Again Later" error message, it means you are soft banned.
Part 4: The safest Way to Teleport in Pokémon GO Without Getting Banned?
As we already discussed, teleport does not trigger soft ban or cooldown restrictions. So, it is a valid method of moving on without any risks. While location spoofers and using VPNs can be risky, and you may get banned and lose your records, we recommend using a safe application that is Dr.Fone Virtual location, to elevate your game and fun.
Dr. Fone allows you to teleport anywhere in the world along with other unique features, including route simulation, GPS control, and unlimited choices of locations. Also, the new location gets active right away in the game.
It is a very simple-to-use application and provides robust results if you follow the guidelines. You have to make sure that the following best practices are followed, including;
- Always wait for the cooldown period to be over so that the game does not flag your account because of very fast movement and change of location. We have discussed the optimal cooldown time in the above section.
- Always log off from Pokémon before teleporting so the game does not detect your actions. For logging out, go to settings in your game by clicking the Pokeball in the center of the screen. Scroll down to locate and click the logout button.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS/Android) is an easy and reliable teleporting method for Android and iOS. So let us visit how to teleport using this software step by step.
Part 5: How to Teleport using Dr. Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Step 1: Launch the Dr.Fone app and open the "Virtual Location" feature.
Connect your phone to the system and click on the "Get Started" button to start the process.
Step 2: Select a location to teleport
In the new screen, navigate to the teleport option on the menu in the top-right corner and click the button to launch it.
Now, you can choose the location by entering its name in the search bar or coordinates if you want to be more precise. Then, you can see the desired location on the map on the screen.
Step 3: Teleport your location on Pokémon Go
When you reach the target location and move your pin, click the "Move Here" button.
Voila! You have teleported your location to the desired place.
When you want to stop this teleporting, simply click the "Stop Simulation" button and your real location will take effect.
Pokémon Go is a viral and fantastic game. However, sometimes players get into trouble trying to beat its restriction or break the cooldown of Pokémon go and even compromise their phone's security and game records. Teleporting using Dr. Fone's virtual location application is a simple and effective method of excelling in the game and avoiding bans while enjoying the perks of fast movements. We highly recommend using reliable applications to keep your phone and game secure.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking