Scruff vs. Grindr: Find Out Which Dating App is Right for You
When we talk about dating apps that are catered to gay and bisexual men, Grindr and Scruff are the two top contenders. Even though both these apps are pretty popular, their target audience seems to be divided. Therefore, if you are new to dating, you might be confused between Grindr and Scruff. Don’t worry – in this Scruff vs. Grindr comparison, I will help you decide which app is right for you.
- Part 1: What is Grindr All About?
- Part 2: What you Should know about Scruff?
- Part 3: Scruff vs. Grindr: A Detailed Comparison
- Part 3: Spoof your iPhone Location on Scruff or Grindr [Without Jailbreak]
Part 1: What is Grindr All About?
Started in 2009, Grindr is the most popular dating app in the LGBT circuit as of now. The app has more than 27 million users with a daily active user count of around 4.5 million. It is available in 190+ countries and users can switch between 10 different languages.
It is a radar-based dating app, in which you can find other gay and bisexual people who are nearby your area. If you want, you can directly leave them a text or tap their profile. The inbuilt messaging feature on Grindr also lets us video call the other user or share our location.
Part 2: What you Should know about Scruff?
To continue our Grindr vs. Scruff comparison, let’s cover some basics about the latter. Started in 2010, Scruff provides a more distinctive experience and is mostly targeted to mature men in the LGBT community. As of now, the app is accessed by more than 15 million users and is available in 180+ countries.
Just like the Grindr app, you can also send direct messages to people on Scruff who appear on your radar. Besides that, you can also send a “woof” that would tap their profile. There are also plenty of filters in Scruff to look for people based on different parameters (like tribe or preferences).
Part 3: Scruff vs. Grindr: A Detailed Comparison
Now when we have covered the basics, let’s do a Grindr vs. Scruff comparison based on different perspectives.
While both Grindr and Scruff are targeted to the LGBT audience, Grindr has a more diverse appeal. For instance, you can find gay, bisexual, transgender, and people of other orientations on Grindr easily. On the other hand, Scruff provides a more refined experience and is mostly used by mature gay men who are looking for a serious commitment.
Grind has been associated with “hookup culture” for a while now – and it is pretty much true. Most of the people on Grindr are looking for hookups, but there are plenty of exceptions as well.
Similarly, on Scruff, you will find guys who are looking for hookups and serious relationships. Since Scruff mostly has mature men, most of them are looking for dating and relationships over hookups.
Both Scruff and Grindr have similar features when it comes to dating and communication. You will get a list of nearby profiles on your radar, and you can freely message them or leave a tap.
Besides that, you can share your location with others on both apps and can call them as well (video or audio). Though, on Scruff, you will get more filters for free that are still restricted on Grindr. Also, there is a dedicated Events feature in Scruff that is missing on Grindr.
Grindr has two premium plans – Xtra and Unlimited. Unlimited is a more popular premium feature that costs $29.99 per month.
By getting Grindr Unlimited, you can browse the app invisibly via its Incognito Mode. It will also let you browse unlimited profiles on your radar, and you can also un-send your messages. You can also check you viewed your Grindr profile on the app with the Unlimited version.
Scruff also offers a premium version (known as Scruff Pro) that you can get for $19.99 monthly. While Scruff’s premium version is cheaper than Grindr, its features are also not as extensive as Unlimited. It will disable all ads from your account and would let you check up to 1000 profiles.
There will be an option to set up to 25,000 profiles as favorites and you can create secret photo albums. If you want, you can change your location to anywhere in the world with Scruff Pro and it would suggest 4x times more profiles to you.
As you can see from our Grindr vs. Scruff comparison that both the apps can be quite different. If you just check their free versions, then Scruff would have an upper hand. Apart from a radar-based search, Scruff will suggest handpicked profiles to you as matches and would also let you create events.
Though, if we compare the features of their premium versions, then Grindr Unlimited simply offers more options than Scruff Pro. For instance, with Unlimited, you can browse Grindr invisibly, which is not possible with Scruff.
Part 4: Spoof your iPhone Location on Scruff or Grindr [Without Jailbreak]
As listed above, both Grindr and Scruff would display matches based on your current location. Therefore, if you want to get more matches, then you can simply spoof your location with Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS)
- Without jailbreaking your device, Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS) will let you spoof your location to anywhere in the world.
- You can search for a location by entering its address, keywords, or extract coordinates.
- The interface features a map that you can move around and zoom in/out to drop the pin to a designated location.
- There is also a feature to simulate the movement of your iPhone on a route at the speed of your choice.
- You can mark your go-to locations as favorites and can further import/export GPX files.
After reading this extensive Scruff vs. Grindr comparison, you would be able to know more about both the applications and their differences. Ideally, I tried to explain what is Grindr and Scruff in this post by covering their major differences. Though, if you are using apps like Scruff or Grindr, and would like to get more matches, then simply use Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS). Using it, you can spoof your Grindr or Scruff location to anywhere you want and get tons of matches remotely.
You Might Also Like
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking