How to Fix Life360 Shows Wrong Location?
Life360, the app for family and friends, allows you to see where your loved ones are when you open the app. The app shows the current location of your contacts and will tell you the last time they were seen and if they are in an emergency.
However, there's a good chance that you've seen this message multiple times: "Your phone is missing from Life360. Please contact your cellular carrier and try again". This message indicates that your phone is not connected to the internet.
As a result, your contacts, photos, and messages are not showing. Life360 may be using cellular data instead of Wi-Fi, but it's not certain. To avoid this, let us read what we should know.
Part 1: Why is Life360 Location Wrong?
Interference From Nearby Devices/Networks
In some cases, Life360 may not be able to determine the location of your device because it is being interfered with by other nearby devices or networks. For example, if you have an iPhone or iPad, it may be using the same cell tower as your Android phone.
The Life360 app has to use the closest available cell tower to determine your location. So if another device uses the closest tower, Life360 will use that instead.
A poor signal in a particular region, particularly if you're commuting, is the most common cause of Life360's incorrect location. When your phone is in a poor signal area, the app will use the internet instead of cellular data to determine the location of your contacts.
Therefore, it is important to keep an eye on the network lines to determine whether or not this is indeed the source of the problem that prevents your Life360 from being found.
To get more information about how often does life360 update location, read about the Life360: Learn How Everything Works!
Part 2: How to Fix Life360 Shows Wrong Location Issue?
There are several ways to fix the Life360app problems that life360 not updating its location. Let's check them out one by one.
Method 1: Review the Internet settings
The weak internet access contributes to the location display's unreliability in life 360. If you notice that life360 is displaying the wrong location, you should examine your Internet connection settings to prevent life360 from displaying an inaccurate location.
Switch off the option that saves power and then turn on the wireless Internet connection.
You may turn off your smartphone's power-saving mode by heading to the status bar and selecting the appropriate option.
Please note that this is just for Android users. Also, do not forget to consider that your Android smartphone's settings may vary from those listed below.
The "switch off low power mode" option may be found in the "Settings"> "Battery" menu on an iOS device.
Android users should also follow this procedure if life360 displays an incorrect location. For battery conservation, numerous programs are disabled when the low power state is engaged.
Method 2: Double-check Your Current Location in the Settings
If life360 shows the incorrect location, the smartphone's location services significantly come into play. The location settings must be activated to prevent the life360 location issue, and the current program must be updated accordingly.
Scrolling horizontally on the status bar on an Android device is all that is required for consumers to visit the website. Of course, you can also run the software in the background, which may be accomplished in a variety of straightforward but distinct ways based on the device's model.
You may access the Background App Refresh function by going to the settings menu on your iOS device and selecting "Settings," followed by "General," and then selecting "Background App Refresh." Next, launch the location services function by navigating to "Settings"> "Privacy"> "location services" and selecting "Location Services" from the drop-down menu.
After that, touch on the symbol that represents Life360, as shown below; this will take you to a screen where you may change "Allow Location Access" to "Always" and "Enable Precise Location."
Method 3: Connecting One Device at a Time
Only one device may be used to sign in to the Life 360 app at a time. To prevent the life360 false location problem, log out of all other devices and use just one. When many devices are logged into Life 360 simultaneously, the user's location might be incorrectly determined.
If you want reliable results, you must be logged in from the same device. If you use numerous devices simultaneously to log in to Life360, it will report incorrect location errors for each one. Therefore, it is possible to get inaccurate data. Use a single device to log into life360 to prevent the issue of a wrong location showing up.
Part 3: How to Keep Your Location on Life360 in One Place?
Two of the most important and easy ways to keep your location on life360 in one place are:
1. Stopping both Wi-Fi and Cellular Data Transmissions
If you disconnect from the internet, Life360 will no longer work, and your last known position will be shown.
Because all other applications are disconnected, this solution has a significant drawback: it prevents alerts, instant messengers, and other applications from working properly. In addition to the fact that you're unable to use the internet, people in your circle will notice something wrong. In addition, it may not be adequate to fake your location.
Those with an iPhone have the advantage of being able to disable the usage of cellular data directly inside the application's settings. However, those with an Android device will need to resort to other approaches.
iPhone users may access the Cellular setting by going to the Settings app and tapping on it. This will switch off the cellular data for the Life360 app. Turn off Life360 by swiping the switch to the off position mentioned above. Life360 will not be able to provide an accurate location report for you so long as there is no Wi-Fi access.
- You can use only one device to connect to the internet.
- No need to manually switch between apps.
- You can easily manage all your data.
- You cannot use other devices at the same time.
- If you lose the connection, you need to reconnect.
2. Faking Your Location
It seems like everyone has their own way to try and fiddle with their location in real life. Some may use satellite images or even old maps and coordinates, while others will buy old phones and ship them to a random location. Whatever your method is, it's probably not the best one out there.
However, a fast but secure option is the use of Dr.Fone - Virtual Location, which is the best virtual location application right now. You canuse it to change your location to any place on earth.
One of Wondershare's most popular products, Dr. Fone, is a data management and recovery tool. It is compatible with both iOS and Android smartphones, and it comes packaged with a wide variety of control toolkits.
When it comes to faking a location on iOS devices, Dr. Fone- Virtual Location (iOS) is one of the most effective solutions currently available on the market. It is possible to use it to teleport the iOS device to any location in the globe with just one click, and all you have to do is input the address of the place to which you wish to be moved.
Simulating GPS movement from one place to another or along a predetermined course is also possible by simply picking locations on a map that you want to go through.
Using Dr. Fone-Virtual Location iOS, you can customize your route by selecting how many times you want to go through it and how fast you want to relocate it.
To free yourself from any hassle, consider using a third-party tool instead, such as Dr.Fone, which will make the entire process super easy and accurate.
- The application is easy to install and use.
- It doesn't require you to go through a lot of settings.
- • It is not a mobile application.
Life360 has released a major update for Android and iPhone users, fixing the shows being sent to the wrong location. This has caused many problems for many users and is a rather annoying problem to fix. However, you can get help from Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS/Android) application which is an absolute fix to all of your problems.
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking