Best 11 Mock Location Apps Worth Trying on Android and iPhone
Crazy about Pokemon Go or other location-based games? Wandering to catch all Pokemon variants can actually be tiresome. Or, want those cute Snapchat filters/badges that your favorite celebrity is making use of. But you can’t access them as they are not available at your GPS location.
Well, what if we say you can serve both the purposes without physical moving from your current location? Hell yeah! You need to just make use of the pro mock location apps and activate them to spoof your GPS with mock location. Sounds interesting, right?
There are several mock location apps available in the market but you may now wonder how you would determine the best off them. Fret now, we’ve done the selection of mock location apps for you. Keep reading!
Part 1. When you need mock Location apps
There can be numerous reasons, be it legitimate or illegitimate, when you need to make use of mock location app. We’re no one to judge it, though. Therefore, we’ve collated some of the reasons where you need to enable GPS mock location using a pro mock location app.
- The location-sharing app installed over the teens’ device can be fooled with the GPS mock location tactic. In other words, it will fake their actual location from their parents or friends.
- It is an absolute fun that you can do by enabling mock location. You can trick people into believing that you’re on a tour to a different country.
- You may wish to access the content that you wish to watch or read but it isn’t available for your Geological location. You then need a pro mock location app to get your hands over the desired content safely and securely.
- Being ahead of friends in technology is always cool. Knowing some tech savvy tricks that you can brag about like to GPS mock location and fool your friends with a fake GPS location for fun.
- Gaining access to several different cute or trendy Snapchat filters can also be done by enabling mock locations.
- With mock location app, you can stay ahead in the dating game. For instance, you can find a match already which is a hundred miles away, where you’re planning to move in near future.
- Last, but certainly not the least, when playing some location-based game, such as the renowned Pokemon Go. You can easily catch various different Pokemon without having to travel simply by faking your GPS location on map.
Part 2. Best 6 apps to mock location on iOS
Dr.Fone – Virtual Location (iOS)
Rating: 4.6 stars out 5
Sometimes you need to trick the device to play your favorite location-based AR games. When you get tired of moving at nearby places, it is time to try out mock location app to explore different locations without moving. You can create a fake location spots on your device easily if you are aware about Dr.Fone app.
The Dr.Fone mock location app assists you to set a virtual location spot in your phone flawlessly. It enables you to unlock the above websites easily.
Check more about this location spoofer >>
- You can fake location to play Pokemon Go effectively
- Make use of movement simulation feature to move automatically between the virtual spots on map
- It is possible to simulate movements between two virtual spots or many multiple spots
- This app assist you to play location based games anywhere around the globe
- Simple steps to implement virtual location on your phone
- User friendly interface to reach the desired controls effortlessly
- No prior technical experience is required to set virtual location on your phone using Dr.Fone app
- The informative tutorials available at its official website serve you as a best guide to setup the fake location in your Android/iPhone.
4,039,074 people have downloaded it
Step by step how to change location to anywhere:
- Download Dr.Fone toolkit and Install the app by following the wizard.
- Connect your phone with PC using USB and tap ‘Virtual Location’ option from the home page.
- Click ‘Get Started’ button in the new window. You will get a map view immediately
- To locate your place exactly select ‘Center on’ icon at the bottom right part of the screen.
- Next, to mock location, tap ‘Teleport’ mode, this appears at the top right and third option in the horizontal menu of the screen.
Fake GPS location - Spoofer Go
Rating: 4.4 stars out 5
Holding the top spot on the list of pro mock location app is Fake GPS location - Spoofer Go. Though, the tool is a paid (nominal 0.99 USD) one, but it is definitely worth the money.
- Intriguing and extremely easy to use interface.
- The app functions very quickly without any lags or glitches.
- Set your fake GPS location simply by long pressing over the desired location on the map or by searching a location as per your preference.
- Multiple languages are supported.
- Comparatively, lacks in basic functions storing your locations for future use.
Fake GPS Location!
Rating: 3.9 stars out 5
Fake GPS Location! is on the go GPS mock location app. The app is available over the Apple Store for absolutely free. You can also geo tag photos with the mock location but it will have the app’s watermark.
- One click tool to enable mock location on iPhone.
- Search any desired place over the face of Earth and set it as your fake GPS location.
- Share your fake location with friends or store it prank them in future.
- Geo tagging photos watermarks it, you need to pay a nominal fee to remove the watermark limitation.
- Unwanted ads are a big pain in the head.
Fake GPS Location -for iPhone
Rating: 3.8 stars out 5
This pro mock location app is your one stop solution for location tracking or spoofing needs. This app is loaded with features and also offers a 3 day trial period. Moreover, it brags that there are no ads in the app.
- It enables you to store and share unlimited fake locations.
- The Family locator function allows you to keep track of your family members or the loved ones.
- Geo tag your old photos as well with its Modify photo location feature.
- You can also view the GPS location history on the go.
- Even before users can actually try it once, it forces the users to place a rating at the Apple Store in the first place.
- Comparatively, consumes much more iPhone storage space.
Fake GPS Location Changer
Rating: 3.8 stars out 5
Fake GPS Location Changer is another selected mock location app, holding the 4th spot for iPhone. The app is available for free on Apple Store.
- Enable mock location by simply tap and hold over the map for a couple of seconds.
- Enables you to easily share location with your contacts.
- You can also browse the spoofed location history that you’ve shared with your contacts recently.
- Can only be used to trick your friends or family. Not working for location based games/apps.
- In app adverts are quite annoying.
Fake GPS Location for iPhone and iPad
Rating: 2.2 stars out 5
Fake GPS Location for iPhone and iPad is a paid mock location app. The app interface is quite intriguing an also offers on the go search & activate location spoofing.
- On the go location spoofing with one click Start and Stop function.
- You can share your spoofed location with your friends to trick them into believing that your exploring a different city or country.
- The app, reportedly, keeps crashing instantly. Like you can only catch a glimpse of it and gets shut down.
- Despite being a paid app, the customer support is not so responsive.
Part 3. Best 5 apps to mock location on Android
Fake GPS Free
Rating: 3.7 stars out 5
Fake GPS is an easy to use pro mock location android app which spoofs the GPS location on the go. You can also Geo tag your photos with the mocked location.
- Standard GPS location spoofing almost across every other Android OS version.
- No requirement to root Android running on OS version 6.0 or higher.
- Sometimes, the map imagery is very slow in loading or does not load at all.
- Keeps on throwing unwanted notifications every second.
- Complicated instructions.
Rating: 3.9 stars out 5
VPNa is a pro mock location apk that helps you easily spoof your device location and virtually teleports your location to any preferred location on the face of the Earth.
- There is no such need to root your Android device.
- Extremely user friendly app.
- Save locations to make use of them later like a one click thing.
- The newer version of the VPNa app failed to spoof GPS location in Pokemon Go properly.
- Unable to maintain spoofed location any longer than a few seconds.
Fly GPS-Location fake/Fake GPS
Rating: 3.6 stars out 5
Fly GPS-Location fake/Fake GPS is yet another mock location Android app that serves the same purpose as that of the apps mentioned above. You can search the preferred fake location and then activate it over.
- Offers joystick (location marker/head) which can be easily moved to dragged to select the location.
- Offers “Fixed Location Mode” and “Move Location Mode”. One serves as a static location and the other dynamically changes your location as defined by you.
- At times, it gets stuck at the last spoofed location.
- Reportedly, it stops functioning intermittently when executed on the Android Pie OS.
- No longer working for Pokemon Go to spoof your GPS location.
Rating: 4.6 stars out 5
With this amazing mock location android app, you can virtually travel to anywhere across the Globe. How? Well, this app configures a fake GPS location in your device and voila, other apps too believe that you’re actually there.
- Offers the functionality to tweak GPS location and altitude.
- Moreover, you can also alter the accuracy settings.
- This app also fetches and displays the current local time of the fake Geological position.
- At times, after a couple of minutes, it glitches back to your actual location.
- The ads flashing over the app screen sometimes is annoying.
Rating: 4.5 stars out 5
Location Changer enables you to mock location on Android pretty easily. You simply need to tap and hold the location marker pin to drag and select the location to fake with. Likewise Google Maps, it also offers you the functionality to zoom in/out using the double tap.
- Even if you reboot your device the fake location defined by you is still in function. To toggle it off, you need to manually hit the Stop button.
- Setup up multiple locations to dynamically change your location at different time intervals defined by you.
- Reportedly, it fails to mock location for some dating apps.
It’s now time to conclude the article and we’re glad that we can be of your help to find the best pro mock location app for your needs. Be it an iPhone or Android, you know what you’ve to opt for with the help of the aforementioned highly classified information.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking