3 Ways to Erase iPhone When It's Locked Within Seconds
Over the last few years, Apple has made remarkable progress with its flagship iPhone series. There are plenty of ways for users to back up, erase, and restore their data. It doesn’t matter if you are moving from one device to another or would like to reset your phone. You should know how to erase iPhone when locked. Too many times, after getting locked out of their device, users find it hard to wipe locked iPhone. If you are also going through the same dilemma, then don’t worry. Read on and learn how to wipe a locked iPhone in this extensive guide.
Part 1: Erase locked iPhone with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS)
One of the best ways to wipe locked iPhone is by using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) tool. It is an extremely secure and reliable application. It is already compatible with every leading version of iOS and runs on almost all major iOS devices. Available for both Windows and Mac, the tool can be used to remove activation lock and Apple ID. The tool also provides an easy-to-use interface that can help you reset the activation lock on your device.
Erase the data of an iPhone even if it is locked
- Erase iPhone data together with the lock screen.
- Remove the 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, and Face ID, and activation lock.
- A few clicks and the iOS lock screen are gone.
- Fully compatible with all iDevice models and iOS versions.
To learn how to erase iPhone when locked, follow these steps:
Step 1. Download and install Dr.Fone.
Start by downloading Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) from its official website. Install it on your Windows or Mac and connect your iPhone to the system whenever you wish to resolve an issue with it. After launching the application, click on the “Screen Unlock” option from the welcome screen.
Step 2. Click Start button.
Wait for a while as the application will automatically recognize your phone. Click on the “Start” button to commence the process.
Step 3. Put the phone into DFU mode.
Follow the on-screen instructions to put your phone into the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. It can be done by pressing the Home and Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds. Afterward, it would help if you released the Power button while pressing the Home button for another 5 seconds.
Step 4. Download firmware package.
After putting your device into the DFU mode, the application will automatically move to the next window. Here, you would be required to provide essential information related to your phone like device model, firmware update, and more. After filling in the correct information, click on the “Download” button.
Sit back and relax as the application will download the essential firmware update for your phone.
Step 5. Start to unlock.
Once it is done, the application will automatically start resolving the issue on your phone. Make sure that you don’t disconnect your phone while Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) will resolve the issue on your device.
Step 7. Unlock completed.
After completing the operation successfully, the interface will provide the following message.
You can check if you can unlock your phone or not. If you still have an issue, then click on the “Try Again” button. Else, you can safely remove your phone and use it without any constraint. By following this method, you would learn how to wipe a locked iPhone with Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS).
One of the best things about this technique is that you would wipe locked iPhone without causing any damage. Since it is a secure and reliable method with a high success rate, it is sure to provide a hassle-free experience.
Part 2: Erase locked iPhone by restoring it with iTunes
If you are looking for an alternative way to learn how to erase iPhone when locked, you can also take the assistance of iTunes. It provides a free and simple method to restore your device. Since it would wipe your data, you might end up losing your essential files in the process. We recommend following this technique only when you have taken a backup of your data via iTunes beforehand. To learn how to wipe a locked iPhone with iTunes, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, put your iPhone into recovery mode. To do this, launch an updated version of iTunes on your system and connect it to a lightning cable. Now, long-press the Home button on your device and connect it to the other end of the lightning cable. Release the Home button once the iTunes logo would appear.
2. As soon as your phone would be connected, iTunes will recognize an issue with it. From here, you can choose to restore it.
3. If you don’t get the above pop-up on your screen, launch iTunes and visit its “Summary” section. From here, choose “Restore backup” under the Backup section.
4. agree to the pop-up message by clicking on the “Restore” button.
Part 3: Erase locked iPhone by Find My iPhone
If you haven’t already taken a backup of your phone, then you might find it hard to recover it with iTunes. Another popular way to wipe locked iPhone is by using the Find My iPhone tool. This is mostly implemented in case of a stolen or lost device. One of the best features of Find My iPhone is that it can be used to reset your device remotely. With this, you can protect your personal data without much trouble. Implement these steps to learn how to erase iPhone when locked using Find My iPhone.
1. To start with, log in to your iCloud account and visit the “Find My iPhone” section.
2. Under the “All Devices” section, you can choose the iPhone you wish to reset.
3. After selecting your device, you will be presented with various options. Select the “Erase iPhone” feature to reset your device.
Confirm your choice and wipe locked iPhone remotely using the Find My iPhone feature on iCloud.
After following this informative guide, you would learn how to wipe a locked iPhone without any trouble. Go ahead and pick your preferred option to wipe locked iPhone. We recommend using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) to resolve this issue securely. Though, if you wish to do it remotely, then you can also give Find My iPhone a try as well. If you are familiar with any other reliable method, please let us know how to erase iPhone when locked in the comments below.
iDevices Screen Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID
- Unlock MDM
- Apple MDM
- iPad MDM
- Delete MDM from School iPad
- Remove MDM from iPhone
- Bypass MDM on iPhone
- Bypass MDM iOS 14
- Remove MDM from iPhone and Mac
- Remove MDM from iPad
- Jailbreak Remove MDM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode