How to Unlock iPhone with a Mask On [iOS 15.4]
Are you tired of wearing a mask in this pandemic? Apple introduced a new feature through which people can unlock iPhone face ID while wearing a mask. Before this, people either had to use other types of passwords or put off the mask to use Face ID. However, this feature is only available on iOS 15.4, depicting that iPhones containing earlier iOS versions won’t be able to enjoy this feature.
Only iPhone 12 and the latest models can use Face ID with a mask on, which reflects that models like iPhone 11, iPhone X, and the older models cannot utilize this function. Moreover, an additional way to unlock iPhone is to use Apple Watch to unlock iPhone 11, X, or earlier models.
Once you meet these requirements, you can easily unlock your iPhone while wearing a mask and get further details by reading this article.
Part 1: How to Unlock iPhone Face ID with a Mask on
Are you excited to unlock your iPhone while wearing a face mask? This section will give you detailed steps to unlock your iPhone with a mask on, but before proceeding, make sure that you have updated your phone's model to iPhone 12 or iPhone 13. This iOS 15.4 version feature is only available on:
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Mini
Once you have updated to iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 model, you will automatically receive the prompt to set your Face ID while wearing a mask. If you have missed the chance to scan your face during the setup of iOS 15.4, follow the below guidelines to activate this fantastic feature unlock iPhone with a mask:
Step 1: Navigate to the app "Settings" from the home screen of your iPhone. From the displayed menu, select "Face ID & Passcode." Enter your passcode to give verification.
Step 2: Tap on the toggle switch of "Use Face ID with a Mask." Afterward, select "Use Face ID with a Mask" to begin with settings.
Step 3: Now, it's time to scan your face with your iPhone to initiate the setup. Again, you don't have to wear a mask at this stage, as the device's main focus while scanning would be the eyes. Also, if you wear glasses, you can proceed without taking them off.
Step 4: After scanning your face twice, select "Add Glasses" by tapping on it. You can use your Face ID while wearing your regular glasses. Make sure that you scan your face with every pair of glasses daily.
After carefully following the steps mentioned above, you are ready to unlock your Face ID with a mask. Remember that Face ID will scan and focus mainly on your eyes and forehead. However, it cannot work in the scenarios if you have completely concealed your look by wearing hats or accessories that can hide your face.
Part 2: How to Unlock iPhone Face ID Using Apple Watch
Before unlocking iPhone through the Apple Watch, some requirements are necessary for security reasons. Read the following requirements to proceed further:
- First, you would need an Apple Watch that must be functioning on WatchOS 7.4 or later.
- The passcode on your iPhone must be enabled from the settings. If you have not enabled the passcode on your iPhone, you can do it by navigating to the "Settings" and tapping on "Passcode." From there, enable the passcode by turning it on.
- You should be wearing the Apple Watch on your wrist, and it must be unlocked.
- Your iPhone should be upgraded to iOS 14.5 or above.
- The wrist detection on your phone should be activated.
To enable the feature of unlocking the iPhone with an Apple Watch, the steps are:
Step 1: Head to the " Settings " app and choose "Face ID & Passcode." Give your passcode for authenticity and proceed further.
Step 2: Now, on the displayed menu, scroll down to the bottom, where you will see the toggle of "Unlock with Apple Watch." Tap on that toggle to enable this feature.
After enabling this feature, you can unlock your iPhone with a mask on through your Apple Watch. You need to grab your phone and hold it the same way you would in a normal Face ID scan. The phone will be unlocked, and you will feel a slight vibration on the wrist. Also, a notification will pop up on your watch, indicating that your iPhone has been unlocked.
Bonus Tips: Unlock iPhone Without Any Experience
Are you stuck with your locked iPhone? Don't worry, as Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock can unlock any screen passcode, Face ID, Touch ID, and PINs. You don't need any technical experience to use this tool, as the user interface is pretty simple and understandable. Moreover, it works perfectly well on all iOS devices at the best possible speed.
Unlock iPhone/iPad Lock Screen Without Hassle.
- Intuitive instructions to unlock iPhone without the passcode.
- Removes the iPhone's lock screen whenever it is disabled.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 11,12,13.
You can also unlock Apple ID and iCloud passwords without losing the data. Also, while unlocking iPhone Screen Time Passcode through this platform, all of your data and information will be kept intact, and you can function your phone normally again.
We all can relate that unlocking an iPhone on Face ID while wearing a face mask in a pandemic era is annoying. That's why Apple introduced a new feature of unlocking the iPhone Face ID with a mask on to help individuals who rely entirely on Face ID. Find out about enabling this feature to easily unlock your iPhone Face ID while wearing a mask.
- Access Locked iPhone
- 1. Reset Locked iPhone Without iTunes
- 2. Erase Locked iPhone
- 3. Get Into Locked iPhone
- 4. Factory Reset Locked iPhone
- 5. Reset Locked iPhone
- 6. iPhone Is Disabled
- iPhone Lock Screen
- 1. Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- 2. Unlock Forget iPhone PIN
- 3. Unlock iPhone When Forgot Passcode
- 4. iPhone Lock Screen With Notification
- 5. Remove Passcode From iPhone
- 6. Unlock Found iPhone
- 7. Unlock iPhone without Computer
- 8. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
- 9. Unlock Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- 10. Unlock iPhone without Face ID
- 11. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
- 12. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without iTunes
- 13. Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
- 14. Unlock iFace ID While Wearing Mask
- 15. Lock Apps on iPhone
- 16. Bypass iPhone Passcode
- 17. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without PC
- 18. Unlock iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 19. Unlock iPhone 7/6 without PC
- 20. Unlock iPhone Passcode Screen
- 21. Reset iPhone Password
- 22. Bad ESN/Blacklisted IMEI on iPhone
- Remove iCloud Lock
- 1. Remove iCloud from iPhone
- 2. Remove Activate Lock without Apple ID
- 3. Remove Activate Lock without Password
- 4. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 5. Crack iCloud-Locked iPhones to Sell
- 6. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- Unlock Apple ID
- 1. iPhone Asking for Apple ID Randomly
- 2. Get Apple ID Off without Password
- 3. Remove an Apple ID from iPhone
- 4. Remove Apple ID without Password
- 5. Reset the Security Questions
- 6.Change Credit Card on Apple Pay
- 7.Create an Apple Developer Account
- 8.Apple ID Verification Code
- 9.Change the Apple ID on MacBook
- 10.Remove Two Factor Authentication
- 11.Change Country on App Store
- 12.Change Apple ID Email Address
- 13.Create a New Apple ID Account
- 14.Change Apple ID on iPad
- 15.Change Your Apple ID Password
- Remove SIM Lock
- 1. Unlock iPhone Using Unlock Chip
- 2. Unlock iPhone for Free
- 3. Unlock iPhone Online
- 4. Unlock EE iPhone
- 5. Factory Unlock iPhone
- 6. SIM Unlock iPhone
- 7. Unlock AT&T iPhone
- 8. Unlock iPhone with IMEI Code
- 9. Unlock iPhone without SIM Card
- 10. Unlock Cricket iPhone
- 11. Unlock iPhone MetroPCS
- 12. Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- 13. Unlock Telstra iPhone
- 14. Unlock T-Mobile iPhone
- 15. Unlock Verizon iPhone
- 16. iPhone IMEI Checker
- 17. Check If iPhone Is Unlocked
- 18. Verizon's Samsung Phones
- 19.Apple Watch and AT&T Deals
- 20.Add a Line to AT&T Plan
- 21.Unlock Your AT&T Phone
- 22.AT&T's International Plans
- Unlock iPhone MDM
- 1. MDM On iPhone
- 2. Remove MDM from iPhone
- 3. Remote Management on iPhone
- 4. Unlock MDM Softwares
- 5. MDM VS MAM
- 6. Top MDM Bypass Tools
- 7.IoT Device Management
- 8.Unified Endpoint Management
- 9.Remote Monitoring Software
- 10.Enterprise Mobility Management
- 11.MDM Solutions for Device Management
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode