How to Remove iPhone Activation Lock
It is always better to purchase a second-hand iDevice over a brand-new one. A second-hand iPhone or iPad may seem appealing to people on a tight budget. However, the device may already be linked to an iCloud account after it's brought. Therefore, the absence of the correct password makes it impossible to unlock the device.
The new owner needs to contact the original owner to unlock the device. However, if the person has forgotten the password, this issue may cause serious problems. This article will offer insight into iPhone activation lock removal and the mechanisms necessary to unlock it in the absence or presence of the original owner.
- Scenario 1: If you can't get in touch with the previous owner
- Scenario 2: If you can get in touch with the previous owner
Part 1: What is iPhone Activation Lock? A Quick Look
iPhone activation lock is one of the prominent features of Apple's "Find My iPhone." Once the "Find My iPhone" feature is activated, this feature gets automatically switched on. This activation lock guarantees device data and information safety at all times.
It also restrains anyone from reactivating the stolen device, even after erasing it. Below are some of the significant benefits of turning on the apple activation lock.
- For devices covered by the AppleCare+ Theft and Loss package, it is crucial to keep the "Find My Device" enabled on the device when it is stolen or lost.
- It allows iPhone users to track the physical location of the device. This may be done by playing a sound on the device. The user may also activate the Lost Mode via Find My iPhone.
The user may also reset the iPhone password via iCloud when the activation lock feature is turned on.
Part 2: How to Bypass Apple Activation Lock?
Scenario 1: If you can't get in touch with the previous owner
1. Professional iPhone Activation Lock Removal Tool [Highly Recommended]
An iCloud lock activation bypass tool is highly recommended to remove the activation lock screen without any password on iPhone. It allows the user to reactivate the locked device without entering the iCloud username and password.
Using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) is recommended for this scenario. This tool removes the screen passcodes in minutes. Follow the steps shown below to bypass the Apple activation lock.
Remove iPhone Activation Lock without Any Hassle.
- Intuitive instructions to unlock the activation lock without the passcode.
- Removes the iPhone's lock screen whenever it is disabled.
- Easy to use with detailed guide.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS system.
Step 1: For iCloud unlock, begin by installing the activation lock removal software tool which is Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock. Install and launch the tool on the computer underuse. Choose the "Screen Unlock" option.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the PC upon selecting the Unlock tab. The user will be directed to a new screen. On this page, click on the option that says "Bypass Activate Lock".
Step 3. On this page, it’s time to start the process of bypassing activation lock.
Step 4. There’re 2 types of devices, GSM and CDMA, which lead to different results after bypassing activation lock
(GSM device won’t set obstacles to your user experience, and you can still use all functions of the iPhone after the activation lock is bypassed.)
(But, if your iPhone is a GSM device, you can only this iPhone as an iPad that cannot call or use cellular as you will see as follow.)
Step 5: Now, you need to jailbreak the iPhone before removing the activation lock. If your iPhone hasn't been jailbroken, you can follow the "Jailbreak Guide" for it.
Step 6: After jailbreaking the iPhone, you can start the iPhone activation lock removal process.
Step 7: When the process is over, you will see a message notifying the successful process.
Note: The process will delete all your data so make sure to use this method if you have a backup of your device or if you don't want the data on your device.
2. Online Activation Lock Bypassing Service
Several online services are available that claim to remove activation lock from iPhone. Some of these services are available at absolutely no cost. One cannot expect a high success rate in comparison to the premium paid services. Besides, one may not even receive any warranty for any data or hardware loss or damage due to the service.
There is no need to download any additional tools and programs or hardware for this purpose. Getting started with an activation lock online bypassing service is straightforward.
Step 1: Begin by entering the details of the iPhone model.
Step 2: Fill out the contact information and device details like the user's country and the IMEI number. The service underuse may take a minute to verify the elements as well.
Upon confirming the information details, click on "Confirm Order". If the service is free, no order payment page will show up. Instead, a pop-up window may show. This solution is pretty permanent and allows users to set new credentials like a new device.
3. A Loophole: DNS Bypass
Most iPhones today run on the latest iOS versions. However, if the user has an iPhone running on an older version of the operating system, the DNS method can be used to bypass the device activation lock. This technique uses a loophole in the Wi-Fi DNS settings on the device. It tricks the iPhone into thinking that it is unlocked.
Listed below are the steps to be followed to remove the "Find My iPhone" activation lock in the absence of the previous iPhone user.
Step 1: Start by setting up the iPhone as a new device. The user must wait until they reach the Wi-Fi settings page.
Step 2: On opening the Wi-Fi screen, connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. Next to the chosen network name, tap on the "I" icon available on the right-hand side.
Step 3: From the following screen, tap on the shown "Configure DNS" option.
Step 4: The next step is to choose the manual option available at the top of the page and use one of the DNS values mentioned below.
- Asia – 126.96.36.199
- Europe – 188.8.131.52
- Australia and Oceania – 184.108.40.206
- North America – 220.127.116.11
- South America – 18.104.22.168
This must get the iPhone unlocked by now.
4. The Official Approach - Apple Support
Using the official Apple support never goes out of the list of possible approaches for activation lock removal. Call Apple support by phone and offer the following list of details in this situation.
- AppleCare agreement number
- iPhone receipt
- A serial number of the user's iPhone.
This approach is straightforward and needs no additional cost. If the user can provide the necessary details, the activation lock on the device will get removed without any functional limitations.
However, this support system doesn't cover iPhone purchased through second-hand vendors. Besides, upon providing relevant details, it may still be subject to Apple Support's discretion for unlocking the device.
Scenario 2: If you can get in touch with the previous owner
1. Apple Activation Lock Removal with Screen Passcode
This situation is possible if the new owner can physically contact the original owner of the iPhone. Ask the iPhone owner to enter their screen passcode and unlock the device. Exit the used Apple ID and remove the apple activation lock upon opening it.
2. Ask to Remotely perform iCloud Unlock through iCloud.com
At times, the previous owner may not be physically resent near the new iPhone owner. In that scenario, having the person's contact information may come in handy. Next, ask the person to remove their device from iCloud. It may be done remotely by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Make use of their Apple ID and passcode to sign in to the iCloud website. Or ask the owner to do so.
Step 2: The user needs to click on the "Find My" button. Next, select the devices to form the "All Devices" menu.
Step 3: Click on "Erase Device" from the available options appearing on the screen, click on "Erase Device". Now follow the steps to erase all data and settings on the respective device.
Step 4: Choose "Remove from Account". Finish setting up the iPhone device, and the new user will start using it normally.
Part 3: FAQs
1. What to do not buy iPhone with an activation lock?
Before buying a used phone, check whether you can erase and disable the Find my feature of the device. If you can do so, you are good to go.
2. Can I remove the activation lock by erasing data?
To erase the device, you should have the password if it has the activation lock. So technically, you can't remove the activation lock by simply erasing your device.
3. Can Apple support help me to remove the activation lock?
You can start a request (application) on the Apple support website. After assessing your case, they might help you remove the activation lock iPhone.
By now, users may be accustomed to the possible options to remove activation locks from their iPhone devices. The possibilities are available based on whether or not the original owner and passcode are in the vicinity. In addition, users can now altogether remove the apple activation lock and get restarted on their device.
- Access Locked iPhone
- 1. Reset Locked iPhone Without iTunes
- 2. Erase Locked iPhone
- 3. Get Into Locked iPhone
- 4. Factory Reset Locked iPhone
- 5. Reset Locked iPhone
- 6. iPhone Is Disabled
- iPhone Lock Screen
- 1. Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- 2. Unlock Forget iPhone PIN
- 3. Unlock iPhone When Forgot Passcode
- 4. iPhone Lock Screen With Notification
- 5. Remove Passcode From iPhone
- 6. Unlock Found iPhone
- 7. Unlock iPhone without Computer
- 8. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
- 9. Unlock Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- 10. Unlock iPhone without Face ID
- 11. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
- 12. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without iTunes
- 13. Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
- 14. Unlock iFace ID While Wearing Mask
- 15. Lock Apps on iPhone
- 16. Bypass iPhone Passcode
- 17. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without PC
- 18. Unlock iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 19. Unlock iPhone 7/6 without PC
- 20. Unlock iPhone Passcode Screen
- 21. Reset iPhone Password
- 22. Bad ESN/Blacklisted IMEI on iPhone
- Remove iCloud Lock
- 1. Remove iCloud from iPhone
- 2. Remove Activate Lock without Apple ID
- 3. Remove Activate Lock without Password
- 4. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 5. Crack iCloud-Locked iPhones to Sell
- 6. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- Unlock Apple ID
- 1. iPhone Asking for Apple ID Randomly
- 2. Get Apple ID Off without Password
- 3. Remove an Apple ID from iPhone
- 4. Remove Apple ID without Password
- 5. Reset the Security Questions
- 6.Change Credit Card on Apple Pay
- 7.Create an Apple Developer Account
- 8.Apple ID Verification Code
- 9.Change the Apple ID on MacBook
- 10.Remove Two Factor Authentication
- 11.Change Country on App Store
- 12.Change Apple ID Email Address
- 13.Create a New Apple ID Account
- 14.Change Apple ID on iPad
- 15.Change Your Apple ID Password
- Remove SIM Lock
- 1. Unlock iPhone Using Unlock Chip
- 2. Unlock iPhone for Free
- 3. Unlock iPhone Online
- 4. Unlock EE iPhone
- 5. Factory Unlock iPhone
- 6. SIM Unlock iPhone
- 7. Unlock AT&T iPhone
- 8. Unlock iPhone with IMEI Code
- 9. Unlock iPhone without SIM Card
- 10. Unlock Cricket iPhone
- 11. Unlock iPhone MetroPCS
- 12. Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- 13. Unlock Telstra iPhone
- 14. Unlock T-Mobile iPhone
- 15. Unlock Verizon iPhone
- 16. iPhone IMEI Checker
- 17. Check If iPhone Is Unlocked
- 18. Verizon's Samsung Phones
- 19.Apple Watch and AT&T Deals
- 20.Add a Line to AT&T Plan
- 21.Unlock Your AT&T Phone
- 22.AT&T's International Plans
- Unlock iPhone MDM
- 1. MDM On iPhone
- 2. Remove MDM from iPhone
- 3. Remote Management on iPhone
- 4. Unlock MDM Softwares
- 5. MDM VS MAM
- 6. Top MDM Bypass Tools
- 7.IoT Device Management
- 8.Unified Endpoint Management
- 9.Remote Monitoring Software
- 10.Enterprise Mobility Management
- 11.MDM Solutions for Device Management
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode