4 Ways to Reset A Locked iPhone to Factory Settings
Forgot your iPhone/iPad passcode? Now, the only way to access it is by resetting it to Factory Settings. This article will bring to you four ways that tell you how to reset a locked iPhone and reset a locked iPad to factory settings. Luckily for you, we have incorporated detailed steps and instructions to reset locked iPhone and reset the locked iPad to factory settings, enabling you to use the iPhone/iPad once again.
These techniques are also helpful when you feed in the correct passcode, but the iPhone/iPad refuses to unlock. For all such and many more scenarios, the guide provided below will be of great help.
- Part 1: Reset a locked iPhone using Dr.Fone without iTunes
- Part 2: Reset a locked iPhone by restoring it with iTunes
- Part 3: Reset a locked iPhone using 'Erase iPhone' on iCloud
Part 1: How to reset a locked iPhone using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS)?
We recommend using a trustworthy and reliable method to reset locked iPhone/iPad to factory settings. There is no better and more secure software than Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) which explains how to reset a locked iPhone easily. Its compatibility with the latest iOS is what makes it unique. Also, its ability to fix most of the iOS system failures, such as the iPhone stuck on the Apple logo/blue screen of death, etc., makes it a preferred choice for the users. The only drawback you should pay attention to is that your data will be wiped out after using this tool to unlock the screen.
Reset a Locked iPhone/iPad Without Password with a High-success Rate
- Free download checker to see if the iCloud Activation Lock is still on.
- Unlock screen passwords from all iPhones and iPad.
- No tech knowledge is required. Everybody can handle it.
- Fully compatible with the latest iPhone and iOS versions.
Follow the steps given below and learn how to reset a locked iPhone/iPad to factory settings.
Step 1. Download, install and launch Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) on your Windows PC or Mac. When you are at its main interface, click “Screen Unlock” to proceed further.
Step 2. Now connect it to reset the locked iPhone to PC or Mac. After the phone is detected, click on "Start" to download the firmware. This firmware will later be installed on your locked iOS device to fix its lock issues.
Step 3. Wait patiently and let the firmware download completely.
Step 4. After it's downloaded, click “Unlock Now” and type in "000000" to confirm it.
Step 5. Finally, Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) will install the firmware on the locked iPhone/iPad to reset it and resolve other issues. Do not disconnect your device while this process is on. Once everything is done and your phone is reset, iPhone will reboot, and the software interface will display a process completion message.
Dr.Fone is as easy to use as we have described here. Give it a try, and you will know how to reset locked iPhone in a hassle-free manner.
Part 2: How to reset a locked iPhone using iTunes?
The above method is full proof, but if you’re still looking for an alternative to learn how to reset a locked iPhone or iPad, you can consider using iTunes to unlock an iPhone/iPad and restore it to factory settings. To do so, you must boot the locked iPhone to Recovery mode. Carefully follow the steps given below:
Step 1. Download and install the latest iTunes on Windows PC. If you're using Mac, make sure your Mac is up to date.
Step 2. On macOS Catalina Mac, open Finder. On Mac with other macOS and a Windows PC, launch iTunes and connect a USB wire to it.
Step 3. Keep your iPhone connected and wait until you see the Recovery Mode screen:
- On iPhone 8 / 8 Plus or later: Press and quickly release Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- On iPhone 7 / 7 Plus or later: Press and hold Side and Volume Down buttons. Keep it pressed until it has successfully entered Recovery Mode.
- On iPad with Home button, iPhone 6 or earlier: Press and hold Home and Side buttons at the same time. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
Step 4. iTunes shall recognize locked iPhone in Recovery Mode and display a message on its interface. Just hit "Restore".
Step 5. Set up your iPhone.
Part 3: How to reset a locked iPhone using iCloud?
We all know about Find My iPhone, don’t we? But do you know it is linked to your iCloud ID and makes it extremely easy not just to locate your device but also erase it remotely to restore it to factory settings?
In this section, we shall explain how to reset locked iPhone to factory settings using iCloud with the help of the Find My iPhone App, so follow the instructions provided herein under:
Step 1. Open iCloud.com on your Windows PC or Mac and sign in with your iCloud ID and password to access the Find My iPhone page.
Step 2. Visit Find My Phone and click “All Devices” to view a list of the iOS devices synced with the same Apple ID. This will display all devices running on the same iCloud ID that you have logged in into. Here, please select the locked iPhone/iPad and move on.
Step 3. When the details about your locked iPhone/iPad appear on the right of the screen, click the “Erase iPhone/iPad” option, and the Find My iPhone software will remotely reset locked iPhone and reset locked iPad, whatever the case may be.
We understand that restoring an iPhone to Factory settings to reset and unlock it seems tedious and time-consuming. But we assure you that the steps listed below are simple and easy to follow. All instructions given above are provided keeping in mind that end users want to reset locked iPhone/iPad sitting and home, and thus, the four methods are extremely user-friendly. Please choose the method that suits you the most and carefully follow its steps.
We recommend to our readers to use Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) as a one-stop solution for all types of iOS System issues and iPhone/iPad problems. It will reset a locked iPhone/iPad easily and also fix other system failures, if any.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iDevices Screen Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID
- Unlock MDM
- Apple MDM
- iPad MDM
- Delete MDM from School iPad
- Remove MDM from iPhone
- Bypass MDM on iPhone
- Bypass MDM iOS 14
- Remove MDM from iPhone and Mac
- Remove MDM from iPad
- Jailbreak Remove MDM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode