4 Ways to Reset A Locked iPhone to Factory Settings
Forgot your iPhone/iPad passcode? Now, the only way to access it is by resetting it to Factory Settings. In this article, we will bring to you four ways that tell you how to reset a locked iPhone and reset locked iPad to factory settings. Luckily for you, we have incorporated detailed steps and instructions to reset locked iPhone and reset locked iPad to factory settings which will enable you to use the iPhone/iPad once again.
These techniques are also helpful when you feed in the correct passcode but still, the iPhone/iPad refuses to unlock. For all such and many more scenarios, the guide provided below will be of great help.
Part 1: How to reset a locked iPhone using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS)?
We recommend using a trustworthy and reliable method to reset locked iPhone/iPad to factory settings. There is no better and secure software than Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) that explains how to reset locked iPhone easily. Its compatible with the latest iOS is what makes it unique. Also, its ability to fix most of the iOS system failures, such as iPhone stuck on Apple logo/blue screen of death, etc, makes it a preferred choice for the users. The only drawback you should pay attention to is that your data will be wiped out after using this tool to unlock the screen.
Unlock iPhone/iPad Lock Screen Without Hassle.
- Simple, click-through, process.
- Unlock screen passwords from all iPhone and iPad.
- No tech knowledge required, everybody can handle it.
- Fully compatible with the latest iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus), and iOS 13.
Follow the steps given below and learn how to reset a locked iPhone/iPad to factory settings.
• Download, install, and launch Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) on your Windows PC or Mac. When you are at its main interface, click “Screen Unlock” to proceed further.
• Now connect it to reset locked iPhone to PC or Mac. After the phone is detected, click on "Start" to download the firmware. This firmware will later be installed on your locked iOS device to fix its lock issues.
• Wait patiently and let the firmware download completely.
• After it's downloaded, click “Unlock Now” and type in "000000" to confirm it.
• Finally, Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) will install the firmware on the locked iPhone/iPad to reset it and resolve other issues as well. Do not disconnect your device while this process is on. Once everything is done and your phone reset, iPhone will reboot and software interface will display a process completion message.
Dr.Fone is as easy to use as we have described it here. Give it a try and you will know how to reset locked iPhone in a hassle-free manner.
Part 2: How to reset a locked iPhone using iTunes?
The above method is full proof but if you’re still looking for an alternative to learn how to reset locked iPhone, you can consider using iTunes to unlock an iPhone/iPad and restore it to factory settings. Carefully follow the steps given below to reset locked iPad/iPhone:
• Connect it to the Windows PC or Mac to reset locked iPhone to factory settings.
(Make sure the updated version of iTunes is downloaded on it)
• iTunes will automatically and itself recognize the locked iPhone/iPad. All you have to do is click “Summary” and below the Backup segment, click “ Restore Backup”.
• When a pop-up message box appears, click “Agree” and then click “Restore” as shown in the screenshot below to reset locked iPhone instantly and delete all its saved data, settings, and passcode.
This is the simplest way to learn how to reset a locked iPhone with iTunes.
Part 3: How to reset a locked iPhone using iCloud?
We all know about Find My iPhone, don’t we? But do you know it is linked to your iCloud ID and makes it extremely easy to not just locate your device but also erase it remotely to restore it to factory Settings.
In this section we shall explain how to reset locked iPhone to factory settings using iCloud with the help of Find My iPhone App, so follow the instructions provided herein under:
• Open iCloud.com on your Windows PC or Mac and sign in with your iCloud ID and password to access the Find My iPhone page.
• Visit Find My Phone and click “All Devices” to view a list of the iOS devices synced with the same Apple ID. This will display all devices running on the same iCloud ID that you have logged in into. Here, please select the locked iPhone/iPad and move on.
• When the details about your locked iPhone/iPad appear on the right of the screen, click the “Erase iPhone/iPad” option and the Find My iPhone software will remotely reset locked iPhone and reset locked iPad, whatever the case may be.
Part 4: How to reset a locked iPhone in Recovery Mode?
Booting the locked iPhone or iPad in Recovery Mode and using iTunes to reset it to factory settings is a popular method to reset locked iPhone. Since Recovery Mode can be entered into easily, this method is not very complex and all you have to do is follow these simplified steps:
• First and foremost, download and install the latest iTunes on Windows PC or Mac. Launch to and connect a USB wire to it.
• Now comes the important part, i.e., to boot locked iPhone/iPad in Recovery Mode. To do So, simply press Home and keep it pressed while you connect it to the PC using the USB wire. You will notice that an iTunes logo appears on a locked iPhone screen confirming that it has successfully entered Recovery Mode.
• iTunes shall recognize locked iPhone in Recovery Mode and display a message on its interface. Just hit “Restore” and our job to reset locked iPhone is done.
We understand that restoring an iPhone to Factory settings to reset and unlock it seems to be a tedious and time-consuming method. But we assure you that the steps listed below are simple and easy to follow. All instructions given above are provided keeping in mind that end users want to reset locked iPhone/iPad sitting and home, and thus, the four methods are extremely user-friendly. Choose the method that suits you the most and carefully follow its steps.
We recommend to our readers to use Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) as it is a one-stop solution for all types of iOS System issues and iPhone/iPad problems. It will reset a locked iPhone/iPad easily and also fix other system failures if any.
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Reset iPad without Password
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- Locked out of iPad
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Reset iPad Password
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes