How To Remove Passcode From iPhone? Complete Guide
If you have an iPhone, you've likely set a passcode to protect your device. While this is a great security measure, you may need to remove the passcode. Whether you want to get rid of your code or plan to sell your phone, these instructions will show you how to remove your passcode from your iPhone in just a few steps.
Not just this, we will give you different methods so that you can select the most convenient one for you.
So let's get started.
- 1. Tape "Turn Passcode Off" in "Settings"
- 2. Remove via iTunes (Erase iPhone)
- 3. Use the "Find My" feature to remove the Passcode
3 Useful Methods to Remove Passcode from iPhone
Following are some of the most effective methods to remove the passcode from iPhones:
1. Tape "Turn Passcode Off" in "Settings"
This is the most common and easy method to remove the passcode from iPhone. You can follow these steps:
- Go to "Settings" and scroll down to find "Touch ID & Passcode (or Face ID & Passcode)."
- Click on "Turn Passcode Off"
- Confirm with your current passcode
However, this method can help you only when you know your Passcode. In case you have forgotten it, you can use the following methods.
2. Remove via iTunes (Erase iPhone)
This is another popular method that people use to remove Passcode from iPhones. However, it will delete all your data from the device. So, if you want this method, make sure you have taken a backup of your data first.
You can follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes
- Click on "Summary"> "Restore iPhone."
- Confirm "Restore" when prompted
- iTunes will now start erasing your device, and once it's done, you can set up your device as new.
3. Use the "Find My" feature to remove the Passcode
If you have enabled the "Find My" feature on your device, you can remove the passcode. Here's how:
- Get into iCloud.com from any web browser
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log in
- Click on "All Devices" at the top of the screen
- Select your iPhone from the list
- Click on "Erase iPhone" and confirm when prompted
This way will erase all the data on your device, but it will also remove the passcode. Once it's done, you can set up your device as new.
So these are some simple methods that you can use to remove passwords from your iPhone. You can use these methods if your iPhone is working fine and there is no software problem.
But if you are facing bugs in your iPhone while erasing the passcode, you might do nothing because nothing will work fine on your iPhone. In this case, you can follow the method given above.
Bonus Tips: Easy App to Remove Passcode from Your iPhone
If you want a hassle-free solution to remove the passcode from your iPhone, we recommend you use Wondershare Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock. It is a widely used and trusted tool that can help remove any passcode from your device, including 4/6-digit passcodes, Face/Touch IDs, and even commercial codes.
Here are some of its key features:
- It can remove all passcodes from your device, including 4/6-digit codes, Touch/Face ID, etc.
- It can help you bypass the lock screen if you have forgotten your Passcode.
- It is compatible with all versions of iOS
- It's not necessary to be a technician to use this tool. Anybody can use it with ease. Anybody can use it with ease.
These features show that this tool is really helpful, and you can use it to remove the passcode from your iPhone without any problem.
So, let's discuss how you can use it to remove the passcode on your iPhone.
Step #1: Installation and Launch
First, you need to download and install the tool on your computer and launch it. To download, you can follow the link given below.
Step #2: Set Up the Tool
Now you need to set up the tool by following the steps given below.
- Once it's done, select "Screen Unlock" from the main interface.
- By going into the Screen Unlock feature, you will see another screen where you have to click on Unlock iOS Screen.
Step #3: Connect your iPhone in DFU Mode
Now you need to connect your iPhone to DFU mode.
Most people don't know how to put their iPhones in DFU mode or recovery mode but don't worry. You will see clear instructions on the screen about putting your iPhone in DFU mode.
You can follow those instructions and proceed to the next step.
Step #4: Download Firmware Package
After you have put your iPhone in DFU mode, the tool will detect it and show you some information about your device. You need to check that information about your iPhone and Firmware and then click on the "Download" button to download the firmware package for your device.
The downloading process might take some time according to your internet connection. So wait patiently until the process is completed.
Step #5: Unlock your iPhone
Once the firmware package is downloaded, you need to click the "Start to Unlock" button and then confirm the command.
After the unlock process, you can use it without any passcode or restrictions. You can use it as you want and access all the features of your device.
This was the complete process of using the Wondershare Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock feature to remove the passcode from your iPhone. You can follow this process if you face any problems while erasing the passcode from your device.
Besides, all the methods discussed in this article work fine with most iPhones, but the ideal method is to remove the iPhone passcode using Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock (iOS). We have tested this method with various iPhones, and it worked perfectly fine. So, if you want a reliable and easy-to-use method, we recommend you use Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock (iOS) without hesitation.
We know there might be lots of questions running through your mind about this process. So, we have tried responding to frequently asked questions about this process.
Can I remove the passcode from my iPhone without data loss?
No, removing the Passcode from iPhone without data loss is impossible. But we recommend you use iTunes. You can connect your device to iTunes and then create a backup of your device. After that, you can restore your device from the backup, and your device will be unlocked without any data loss.
Please remember, if you have already created a backup of your device, it will overwrite the existing backup. So make sure you create a new backup of your device before proceeding.
Can I remove the passcode via hard restart?
No, you can't remove the passcode from your device via a hard restart. If you try to do it, it will erase all the data from your device, and there is no possibility of accessing it anymore. So, we recommend you not to try it.
Instead, you can try the method in this article to remove the Passcode from your device.
How to change the passcode on my iPhone?
If you want to change the passcode on your iPhone, you can go to Settings-> Touch ID & Passcode (or Face ID & Passcode) and enter your current passcode.
After that, you can enter the new passcode that you want to set for your device.
Besides, there is no way to change the passcode on your device. So, if you forget your passcode, you will have to factory reset your device to access it again.
How to remove the passcode if I forgot it?
If you forgot the passcode of your device and you want to remove it, then you can follow the steps given in this article. We have explained the complete process of removing the passcode from your device if you forgot it.
The Bottom Line
That's all about how you can remove the Passcode from your iPhone. We have explained the complete process of how you can do it. You can follow those steps and easily remove the Passcode from your device. But remember, by doing this, all the data on your device will be erased. So make sure you create a backup of your device before proceeding.
If you have any other questions or doubts about this process, feel free to ask us. We would be sincerely happy to help you out.
- Access Locked iPhone
- 1. Reset Locked iPhone Without iTunes
- 2. Erase Locked iPhone
- 3. Get Into Locked iPhone
- 4. Factory Reset Locked iPhone
- 5. Reset Locked iPhone
- 6. iPhone Is Disabled
- iPhone Lock Screen
- 1. Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- 2. Unlock Forget iPhone PIN
- 3. Unlock iPhone When Forgot Passcode
- 4. iPhone Lock Screen With Notification
- 5. Remove Passcode From iPhone
- 6. Unlock Found iPhone
- 7. Unlock iPhone without Computer
- 8. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
- 9. Unlock Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- 10. Unlock iPhone without Face ID
- 11. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
- 12. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without iTunes
- 13. Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
- 14. Unlock iFace ID While Wearing Mask
- 15. Lock Apps on iPhone
- 16. Bypass iPhone Passcode
- 17. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without PC
- 18. Unlock iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 19. Unlock iPhone 7/6 without PC
- 20. Unlock iPhone Passcode Screen
- 21. Reset iPhone Password
- 22. Bad ESN/Blacklisted IMEI on iPhone
- Remove iCloud Lock
- 1. Remove iCloud from iPhone
- 2. Remove Activate Lock without Apple ID
- 3. Remove Activate Lock without Password
- 4. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 5. Crack iCloud-Locked iPhones to Sell
- 6. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- Unlock Apple ID
- 1. iPhone Asking for Apple ID Randomly
- 2. Get Apple ID Off without Password
- 3. Remove an Apple ID from iPhone
- 4. Remove Apple ID without Password
- Remove SIM Lock
- 1. Unlock iPhone Using Unlock Chip
- 2. Unlock iPhone for Free
- 3. Unlock iPhone Online
- 4. Unlock EE iPhone
- 5. Factory Unlock iPhone
- 6. SIM Unlock iPhone
- 7. Unlock AT&T iPhone
- 8. Unlock iPhone with IMEI Code
- 9. Unlock iPhone without SIM Card
- 10. Unlock Cricket iPhone
- 11. Unlock iPhone MetroPCS
- 12. Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- 13. Unlock Telstra iPhone
- 14. Unlock T-Mobile iPhone
- 15. Unlock Verizon iPhone
- 16. iPhone IMEI Checker
- 17. Check If iPhone Is Unlocked
- Unlock iPhone MDM
- 1. MDM On iPhone
- 2. Remove MDM from iPhone
- 3. Remote Management on iPhone
- 4. Unlock MDM Softwares
- 5. MDM VS MAM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode