The Ultimate Guide to Unlocking Your iPhone on MetroPCS
If you own an iPhone that is MetroPCS-branded, the carrier will probably lock it, making it impossible to use a SIM from another carrier on the device. Therefore, you will have to unlock iPhone MetroPCS for this purpose.
Many people find it difficult to unlock their MetroPCS iPhone and resort to buying a new phone altogether to use it with another service provider. In this article, you will learn how to use the MetroPCS unlock phones feature with three different methods. So, let’s get started!
How to Unlock MetroPCS iPhone?
When you buy an iPhone from MetroPCS, it usually comes with a lock that restricts the device from operating with other wireless carrier networks. So, if you want to switch to another service provider but keep using your MetroPCS locked phone, you can use the following 3 methods to unlock the device:
- Calling MetroPCS to unlock phones
- Unlock iPhone MetroPCS with an unlock tool
- Unlock MetroPCS iPhone using an app
Let’s look at the steps required for each of these methods.
1. Calling MetroPCS to Unlock Phones
The first and most straightforward method to carrier unlocks MetroPCS phone is to call the company. But before you do that, make sure whether your phone has GSM/LTE or CDMA technology. Check for the small slot on the side of your phone to see whether there’s a SIM.
If your phone does not have a SIM, it uses CDMA technology. You will have to call your new carrier company and request them to unlock your phone in such a case. However, if you find a SIM card, your phone works on GSM or LTE and can easily be unlocked by contacting MetroPCS customer care.
Here’s how to do that:
Call 1-888-863-8768 to reach the MetroPCS customer service, and request a MetroPCS network unlock code.
They might ask you to provide your phone number, name on the MetroPCS account, email address, and PIN. Therefore, keep this information at hand.
They will send you a confirmation email within 2 to 3 business days, containing the MetroPCS unlock code and instructions on how to use it.
The instructions involve turning off your phone, inserting the SIM card of the new carrier, and entering the provided code when prompted. And that’s how you unlock your MetroPCS phone for free via the official method.
The downside of this method is again the time consumption. You have to call and wait for your turn, answer a bunch of questions, and wait for several days before receiving a confirmation email. If you want to save all this time, you can unlock iPhone MetroPCS for free using a more time-efficient method, i.e., using an unlock tool like Dr.Fone – Sim Unlock.
2. Unlock iPhone MetroPCS with an Unlock Tool
If you’re in a hurry and can’t spare 2 to 3 days to unlock your phone, you can use an unlock tool like Dr.Fone that helps unlock your iPhone in just 5 minutes. It is reliable, foolproof, and secure. And the best part about Dr.Fone is that it supports all iPhone models from XR to iPhone 13, so if you meet the “Sim not supported” issue on your MetroPCS iPhone 8 or 7, no worry at all. This high-success rate professional tool unlocks your phone without the fear of losing any data.
Unlock iPhones MetroPCS to Switch to Any Carrier within Minutes
- Support newly released models from iPhone XR to iPhone 13 and later.
- No jailbreak is needed. Unlocking iPhone without an R-SIM.
- Compatible with most carriers, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc.
- Move to any network operator within minutes aimlessly without data loss.
So, if you want to unlock iPhone MetroPCS using this amazing tool, follow these steps below:
Download and launch Dr.Fone on your PC, and select the “Unlock SIM Lock” option.
Connect your iPhone to the PC and click on “Start” to begin the authorization process.
A pop-up with confirmation settings will appear on your screen. Click on “Confirmed” to continue.
You will receive a configuration profile on your iPhone. Click “Close” to download the profile.
Now, go to “Settings > Profile Downloaded > Install” on your iPhone.
Enter your screen unlock password to unlock the screen.
Click on “Install” at the top-right corner of the screen and then again at the bottom.
This will install the configuration profile on your device. Follow the steps show on your PC, and click “Done” to finish the installation process.
If you have any problems during the sim unlocking process, you can follow the Sim unlock guide in detail to carrier unlock the MetroPCS phone. This process involves several steps and might seem long, but it hardly takes 5 to 10 minutes. Also, it is the safest and most reliable way with a high success rate to unlock iPhone MetroPCS.
If you’re looking for a way to unlock your MetroPCS phone for free but without going through technical steps, you can use the Device Unlock app.
3. Unlock MetroPCS Phone Using an App
The Device Unlock app is automatically installed in MetroPCS-locked phones, so you can easily find it in the apps folder or the MetroPCS folder. However, this app is only compatible with Android devices.
So, if you have an Android phone, follow these steps to unlock it using the Device Unlock app:
Connect your phone to a Wi-Fi internet connection, and launch the Device Unlock app.
The app will ask you whether you want to unlock your device permanently. Click on “Permanent Unlock.”
Once your device has been unlocked, the app will ask you to restart your phone, after which the device will be permanently unlocked, and you can use any network's sim card on it.
It is possible that when you use the Device Unlock app, some error messages might pop up. Here are the common errors and their solutions:
- If you get the following errors:
- Data corrupted
- Server not responding
- No internet connection
- Failure to apply to unlock
Turn off your Wi-Fi, and move to a place that has strong signals. Now turn your Wi-Fi back on and try again.
- If you get the “Data not recognized” errors, you’ll have to unroot your phone. For this, search for the unroot guide for your smartphone’s specific model and follow the instructions.
- For the “System maintenance error,” wait for a few hours and then try again, as the system might be going through maintenance and won’t process the unlock.
FAQs on MetroPCS Unlock Phone
Here are some frequently asked questions by our customers:
Q. What is the MetroPCS unlock code?
The company provides a MetroPCS unlock code, which is used to unlock your MetroPCS-locked iPhone. Upon requesting the code, you will receive it via email and instructions on how to use it. All you have to do is follow those instructions and enter the MetroPCS unlock code when prompted to unlock your iPhone and use it with other carriers.
Q. How can I tell if my phone is eligible to unlock if it's MetroPCS?
MetroPCS has some eligibility requirements to unlock your iPhone. The criteria to be eligible are:
- You must have purchased your iPhone from MetroPCS.
- The device to be unlocked must not be stolen, lost, or blocked.
- The device must be activated for 180 days to be eligible to be unlocked.
If you fulfill these requirements, your phone is eligible to be unlocked.
Q. What do I do if I unlock my phone and now my SIM card doesn't work?
If you get this error, it means that the SIM card you have inserted into the device is not supported by the activation policy assigned by the activation server. To solve this issue, you need a SIM from a supported carrier and request them to unlock the iPhone.
If you own an iPhone locked by MetroPCS but want to use another carrier’s SIM on it, you will have to unlock your phone first. There are several ways to do so. You can either do it the official way by calling MetroPCS and requesting a MetroPCS unlock code, or you can do it easily by using a third-party unlock tool like Dr.Fone. Then there’s a third way that involves using a device unlock app.
While all 3 ways are easy, they require time and patience, except for Dr.Fone, which lets you unlock your iPhone within 5 minutes. So, save your time and money and go for a reliable and foolproof way to unlock iPhone MetroPCS, the Dr.Fone way!
- Access Locked iPhone
- 1. Reset Locked iPhone Without iTunes
- 2. Erase Locked iPhone
- 3. Get Into Locked iPhone
- 4. Factory Reset Locked iPhone
- 5. Reset Locked iPhone
- 6. iPhone Is Disabled
- iPhone Lock Screen
- 1. Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- 2. Unlock Forget iPhone PIN
- 3. Unlock iPhone When Forgot Passcode
- 4. iPhone Lock Screen With Notification
- 5. Remove Passcode From iPhone
- 6. Unlock Found iPhone
- 7. Unlock iPhone without Computer
- 8. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
- 9. Unlock Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- 10. Unlock iPhone without Face ID
- 11. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
- 12. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without iTunes
- 13. Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
- 14. Unlock iFace ID While Wearing Mask
- 15. Lock Apps on iPhone
- 16. Bypass iPhone Passcode
- 17. Unlock Disabled iPhone Without PC
- 18. Unlock iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 19. Unlock iPhone 7/6 without PC
- 20. Unlock iPhone Passcode Screen
- 21. Reset iPhone Password
- 22. Bad ESN/Blacklisted IMEI on iPhone
- Remove iCloud Lock
- 1. Remove iCloud from iPhone
- 2. Remove Activate Lock without Apple ID
- 3. Remove Activate Lock without Password
- 4. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 5. Crack iCloud-Locked iPhones to Sell
- 6. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- Unlock Apple ID
- 1. iPhone Asking for Apple ID Randomly
- 2. Get Apple ID Off without Password
- 3. Remove an Apple ID from iPhone
- 4. Remove Apple ID without Password
- Remove SIM Lock
- 1. Unlock iPhone Using Unlock Chip
- 2. Unlock iPhone for Free
- 3. Unlock iPhone Online
- 4. Unlock EE iPhone
- 5. Factory Unlock iPhone
- 6. SIM Unlock iPhone
- 7. Unlock AT&T iPhone
- 8. Unlock iPhone with IMEI Code
- 9. Unlock iPhone without SIM Card
- 10. Unlock Cricket iPhone
- 11. Unlock iPhone MetroPCS
- 12. Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- 13. Unlock Telstra iPhone
- 14. Unlock T-Mobile iPhone
- 15. Unlock Verizon iPhone
- 16. iPhone IMEI Checker
- 17. Check If iPhone Is Unlocked
- Unlock iPhone MDM
- 1. MDM On iPhone
- 2. Remove MDM from iPhone
- 3. Remote Management on iPhone
- 4. Unlock MDM Softwares
- 5. MDM VS MAM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode