Ultimate Guide to iPhone Lock Screen With Notification
The iPhone lock screen has certainly changed a lot over the last few updates of iOS. Not only it provides an added security to the device, but with iPhone lock screen notifications, we can also save our time and efforts. With the introduction of iOS 11, we can also see a change in iPhone lock screen with notifications as well. To help you make the most out of lock screen notifications iPhone, we have come up with this ultimate guide. Read on and know all sorts of things you can do with iPhone notification lock screen.
Part 1: How to use iPhone lock screen notifications?
When it comes to iPhone lock screen with notifications, there are so many things that you can do. For instance, here are a handful of things you can do with iPhone lock screen notifications.
Reply to messages quickly
If you aren’t using this iPhone notification lock screen feature, then you are certainly missing out on something. You might already know that you can get a preview of messages on your home screen. Simply long press it (or 3D Touch) to interact with it. From here, you can reply to your messages without unlocking your device.
Interact with apps without unlocking your phone
Not just your messages, you can interact with other apps as well right from the lock screen notifications iPhone. After getting a list of notifications, you can simply tap on the “x” button to close them.
Though, if you want to know more, then just long press the notification. For instance, if you have got a notification for an email, then you can get various options just by long pressing it.
Search for anything
Besides interacting with widgets and apps, you can also search for something on your device and that too without unlocking it. Simply tap on the search bar to make it work.
Part 2: How to turn off notifications on iPhone lock screen?
Sometimes, people can access our private information just by looking at our notifications. In this way, they can get read your crucial information and that too without unlocking your device. By simply visiting your device’s settings, you can customize iPhone lock screen with notifications. In this way, you can turn on or off iPhone lock screen notifications for the apps of your choice.
1. Unlock your device and go to its Settings > Notifications to access all the features related to its notifications.
2. From here, you can view a list of all the apps that can access notifications.
3. Simply tap on the app of your choice (Mail, Message, Photos, iTunes, etc).
4. From here, turn off the option of “Allow Notification” to completely turn off the notifications for the app.
5. If you simply want to turn off notifications on lock screen, then switch off the option of “Show on Lock Screen”.
Besides that, there are a few other options as well that you can either enable or disable to customize your lock screen notifications iPhone.
Part 3: How to turn off notification view on iPhone lock screen?
The notification view can be used to see previous notifications on the device without unlocking it. Needless to say, most of the users don’t like to include this iPhone notification lock screen feature. To turn off the notification view of iPhone lock screen notifications, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, unlock your device and got to its Settings > Touch ID & Passcode option.
2. You would be needed to provide the passcode or your fingerprint in order to access these settings.
3. This will provide a list of features related to your passcode. Go to the section of “Allow Access When Locked”.
4. From here, make sure that the option of “Notification View” is turned off.
After turning the option off, you can exit from the Settings interface. In this way, your device won’t display the notification view.
Part 4: Changes on iPhone lock screen notifications on iOS 11
With the new update of iOS 11, we can see a drastic change in the iPhone lock screen notifications as well. Since the iPhone lock screen with notifications have been integrated into one, it becomes quite easier for users to access it.
Access iPhone notification lock screen on iOS 11
Some people find it a little tricky to access the lock screen notifications iPhone after the iOS 11 update. Instead of sliding the screen from the top, you need to swipe it from the middle. By swiping it from the bottom, you might get its control center.
Simply swipe up from the middle of the screen to get a list of all the notifications. Now, you can slide them to access the old notifications.
Nevertheless, you can swipe from the top to access the cover sheet.
Swipe left or right
This is undoubtedly one of the most evident new features of the iPhone notification lock screen of iOS 11. Now, you can swipe left or right to access various features. By swiping left, you can access the Camera on your device and by swiping right, you can access your Today View.
If you want to click pictures instantly, then simply swipe left the lock screen. This will launch the Camera on your device, letting you click pictures on the go. Similarly, by swiping right, you can access your Today View. This includes vital data from apps and widgets that your smartphone assumes is important for you regarding the day.
We hope that after following this guide, you would be able to gain in-depth information regarding iPhone lock screen with notifications. Apart from all the basic things you can do on the lock screen, we have also provided easy ways to customize it. Furthermore, there are so many things that you can do with the iOS 11 iPhone lock screen notifications. While most of the users loved the feature, some are quite hesitant about its application. What is your take on this? Let us know about it in the comments.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iDevices Screen Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID
- Unlock MDM
- Apple MDM
- iPad MDM
- Delete MDM from School iPad
- Remove MDM from iPhone
- Bypass MDM on iPhone
- Bypass MDM iOS 14
- Remove MDM from iPhone and Mac
- Remove MDM from iPad
- Jailbreak Remove MDM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode