4 Ways to Lock Apps on iPhone and iPad Securely
Are you concerned about your privacy and would like to secure certain apps on your iOS device? Don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to app lock iPhone and protect your privacy. You can follow the same drill to restrict the usage of certain apps for your kids as well by taking the assistance of iPhone app lock feature. The app lock for iPhone and iPad option can be used pretty easily. There are plenty of native and third-party solutions out there that you can use. In this post, we will make you familiar with four different techniques on how to lock apps on iPhone and iPad.
Part 1: How to lock Apps on iPhone using Restrictions?
By taking the assistance of Apple’s native Restrictions feature you can app lock iPhone without any trouble. In this way, you can set up a passcode that needs to be matched before accessing any app. This iPhone app lock is also a great way to restrict your kids from accessing certain apps or making purchases. To learn how to lock apps on iPhone or iPad using Restrictions, follow these steps:
1. Unlock your device and go to its Settings > General > Restrictions.
2. Turn the feature on and set up a passcode for app restrictions. To provide added security, you can set up a passcode which is not similar to your lock screen passcode.
3. Now, you can set up app lock for iPhone using Restrictions. Simply go to General > Restrictions and turn this feature on for any app of your choice.
4. If you want, then you can also switch this feature off for any app using the same method.
Part 2: Lock Apps on iPhone using Guided Access
Besides the Restrictions feature, you can also take the assistance of Guided Access to lock a certain app on your device. It was originally introduced in iOS 6 and can be used to restrict your device temporarily with the usage of a single app. It is mostly used by parents who would like to restrict their kids to use a single app while lending their device. Teachers and people with special needs also use Guided Access pretty frequently. To learn how to lock apps on iPhone using Guided Access, follow these steps:
1. To start with, go to your device’s Settings > General > Accessibility and tap on the “Guided Access” option.
2. Turn on the “Guided Access” feature and tap on the “Passcode Settings”.
3. After selecting the “Set Guided Access Passcode” option, you can set up a passcode to use it as an app lock for iPhone.
4. Now, simply launch the app that you want to restrict and tap the Home button three times. This will start the Guided Access mode.
5. Your phone would now be restricted to this app. You can further restrict the usage of certain app features as well.
6. To exit the Guided Access mode, tap the Home screen three times and provide the respective passcode.
Part 3: How to lock apps on iPhone & iPad using App Locker?
Besides the native iPhone app lock solutions, you can also take the assistance of a third-party tool. Though, most of these apps only support jailbroken devices. Therefore, if you wish to use a dedicated app lock for iPhone, then you need to jailbreak your device. Needless to say, getting your device jailbroken has its perks and demerits. If you don’t want to jailbreak your device, then you can simply take the assistance of the above-mentioned solutions.
Though, if you have a jailbroken device and would like to app lock iPhone, then you can also use AppLocker. It is available at Cydia’s repository and can be purchased for just $0.99. It can be installed on your jailbroken device to get an added level of security. Not just apps, it can also be used to lock certain settings, folders, accessibilities, and more. To learn how to lock apps on iPhone using AppLocker, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, get AppLocker on your device from http://www.cydiasources.net/applocker. As of now, it works on iOS 6 to 10 versions.
2. After installing the tweak, you can go to Settings > Applocker to access it.
3. To access the feature, make sure that you have “Enabled” it (by turning it on).
4. This will let you set up a passcode to lock the apps and settings of your choice.
5. To app lock iPhone, visit the “Application Locking” feature on your device.
6. From here, you can turn on (or off) the locking feature for apps of your choice.
This will let you app lock iPhone without any trouble. You can also go to the “Reset Password Phrase” to change the passcode.
Part 4: How to lock apps on iPhone & iPad using BioProtect?
Just like Applocker, BioProtect is another third-party tool that works only on jailbroken devices. It can also be downloaded from Cydia’s repository. Apart from apps, you can also use BioProtect to lock settings, SIM feature, folders, and more. It is linked to the Touch ID of the device and scans the fingerprint of a user to grant (or deny) the access to any app. The app only works on iPhone 5s and later devices, having a Touch ID. Though, you can also set a passcode as well if your Touch ID is not working. To use BioProtect app lock for iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, get the BioProtect app lock iPhone on your device from the right http://cydia.saurik.com/package/net.limneos.bioprotect/.
2. To access the tweak’s panel, you need to provide your fingerprint access.
3. Place your finger on your Touch ID and match its print.
4. This will let you access the BioProtect app settings.
5. Firstly, enable the app by turning the respective feature on.
6. Under the “Protected Applications” section, you can see a list of all the major apps.
7. Simply turn on (or off) the feature of the app that you wish to lock.
8. You can also go to the “Touch ID” feature to further calibrate the app.
9. After setting the lock, you would be asked to authenticate using your fingerprint to access the protected app.
By following these solutions, you would be able to learn how to lock apps on iPhone without much trouble. We have provided both, third-party as well as native solutions to app lock iPhone in a secure manner. You can go with your preferred option and provide an added layer of security on your device to keep it safe.
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Reset iPad without Password
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- Locked out of iPad
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Reset iPad Password
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software