4 Ways to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories Without Passcode
How do I unlock my iPhone 8? I know you're supposed to connect it to the computer and put it in recovery mode but when I do, it says “unlock iPhone to use accessories.”
You may have had the experience of connecting your iPhone to a computer with USB accessories. Usually, "Unlock iPhone to use accessories" will appear on the screen. In most cases, enter the passcode to unlock the phone, and you can then proceed with data transfer and management. What to do if you forget your screen lock passcode? Here come the most effective methods for you!
- Part 1: Why You Need to "Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories"?
- Part 2: How to Disable USB Restricted Mode?
- Part 3: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via Dr.Fone?
- Part 4: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via iCloud?
- Part 5: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via iTunes?
- Part 6: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via Recovery Mode?
- Part 7: Hot FAQ about USB Accessories on iPhone.
Part 1: Why You Need to "Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories"?
The command comes from Apple’s significant privacy safeguard “USB Restricted Mode”. It means after an hour of your iOS device is unlocked, the system cuts off the lightning port and limits it to charging only. Simply put, when your iPhone is locked for more than an hour, it needs to be unlocked to allow the connection of USB accessories. Sometimes, when you unlock your iPhone screen to use USB accessories, it can’t charge anymore.
In 2017, a password cracking tool called GrayKey was launched, which can bypass any iPhone screen lock passcode. The FBI, the police, and some government agencies have all become GrayKey customers. To combat hackers including GrayKey and protect iOS users' data security, the USB Restricted Mode feature arrived with iOS 11.4.1 in July 2018 and be improved in iOS12.
Part 2: How to Disable USB Restricted Mode?
If you find this warning annoying or your iPhone not charging when using USB accessories, disabling USB Restricted Mode is an optional solution. However, you have to remember the unlock passcode. All the steps will be presented to you next.
- Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on Face ID & Passcode (or Touch ID & Passcode), and then input your screen passcode.
- Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the page and find "USB accessories" in the "Allow access when locked" column.
- Step 4: Click the toggle button on the right to disable this feature.
After completing all the steps, your iPhone can connect USB accessories anytime, anywhere. However, it is very common to forget to unlock the passcode. Next, we will recommend four solutions to help you use USB accessories without a passcode.
Part 3: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via Dr.Fone?
Now, here comes an amazing App with many benefits to solving the problem for you. This is Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock, which is very convenient and fast to use. You must be curious about it. More of its advantages will be introduced to you.
- The application is available on both Mac and Windows.
- No technical skills are required.
- It fully supports iPhone X, iPhone 11, and the latest iPhone models.
- Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock can easily unlock 4-digit or even 6-digit screen passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID.
- No Apple ID and password are needed.
Step 1: The first step, of course, is to download Dr.Fone to your computer and click on “Screen Unlock”.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer with a lightning cable, and choose “Unlock iOS Screen".
Step 3: Follow the guides to boot your device in Recovery or DFU mode. The Recovery mode is recommended for iOS lock screen removal by default. If you fail to turn on recovery mode, you can turn to activate DFU mode. DFU means Device Firmware Upgrade, and the operation is more mandatory.
Step 4: Click "Start" to download the firmware. After the download is successful, select "Unlock now" and wait a few minutes, the passcode will be removed from your device.
After that, you could set up your iPhone as a new one and unlock your screen to use USB accessories without a passcode.
There is no doubt that you may worry about losing all your data while bypassing the iPhone lock screen. But honestly, there is no tool on the market today that can preserve data to unlock an iPhone. Therefore, it is necessary to back up data in your daily life. Dr.Fone-Phone Backup provides you with a full range of data backup solutions, you can click the link below to learn more.
This guide will teach you about how to unlock iphone using 5 feasible ways.
Part 4: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via iCloud?
With iCloud, you can quickly clean up your iPhone, remove screen locks, and help unlock your device. But, you have to know that all your data will be erased. Make sure your iPhone has the "Find My iPhone" function enabled, otherwise your device will be offline.
Step 1: Open your computer or another iOS device, and sign in with your Apple account.
Step 2: Click on “All Devices”, choose your iPhone, and then “Erase iPhone”.
Now, your iPhone will reboot without a passcode. Then, you can unlock iPhone to use accessories and bypass the passcode.
Part 5: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via iTunes?
There is currently no way to unlock an iPhone without erasing all data. Luckily, iTunes can help back up your data before removing it. Please note that this way is only possible if the device has synced data in iTunes before.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to a computer with a USB accessory and turn on iTunes. Then iTunes will make a backup for your phone.
- Step 2: Choose “Restore iPhone”.
Wait for a while and you could unlock the screen to use USB accessories. However, in step one, you may need to enter your passcode to get stuck during the process. Therefore, this method is not the most efficient.
Part 6: How to Unlock iPhone to Use USB Accessories without Passcode via Recovery Mode?
If you have forgotten your Apple ID or password and have not synced iCloud and iTunes, you can choose recovery mode. It will remove all your passcode and data as well.
- Step 1: You need to prepare a Mac or PC (Windows 8 or later).
- Step 2: Turn off your iPhone.
- Step 3: Put your device in recovery mode. This step might be a little complicated, but don't worry, we'll walk you through it step by step.
1. Find the button on your device, it will be useful then.
- iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 6s, and earlier: The Home button.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: The Volume down button.
- iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later devices: The side button.
2. Quickly press and hold the button while connecting your phone and computer until the recovery mode appears.
Step 4: Find your tool in iTunes on the computer. Choose Restore and this process will take a few minutes.
Step 5: Unplug your tool and use your iPhone without a passcode.
Now, you'll get an iPhone which is like being factory reset. And you could unlock the screen to use USB accessories when you forget the passcode.
Part 7: Hot FAQ about USB Accessories on iPhone.
Q1: What is the feature of USB Accessories on iPhone?
From USB-A to the latest, USB-C. Also, most iPhones use a proprietary Lightning port.
Q2: Why does My iPhone Think My Charger is a USB Accessory?
It is related to the capacity of the charger. If a low-capacity charger is used, your device must regard it as a USB port because the USB port charges at a lower rate than a good wall charger. Another possibility is that the cable being used is flaky.
Q3: What to Do If My iPhone Not Charging after Unlock to Use Accessories?
- Step 1: Disconnect your tool from the accessory.
- Step 2: Unlock your device.
- Step 3: Connect the USB accessory again.
If it doesn’t work, please contact customer service of Apple.
It is very common to use USB accessories to connect iPhone and computer. Sometimes, we may forget the password, or cannot unlock the screen due to system failure. There are many ways to unlock iPhone to use the accessories in the article. Finally, we recommend everyone to use Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock, a helpful and convenient tool.
4,624,541 people have downloaded it
iDevices Screen Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID
- Unlock MDM
- Apple MDM
- iPad MDM
- Delete MDM from School iPad
- Remove MDM from iPhone
- Bypass MDM on iPhone
- Bypass MDM iOS 14
- Remove MDM from iPhone and Mac
- Remove MDM from iPad
- Jailbreak Remove MDM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode