How to Download and Install the iOS 16
Newer and more upgraded versions of the pre-existing technology keep coming with newer upgrades. There's absolutely no end to the advancements in the world of technology. With September being around the corner, it's very obvious that Apple might be releasing new models of their old devices.
The newer models will obviously have upgraded features and an enhanced operating system, I.e. iOS 16. With this advancing and changing technology in the market, would you like to be left behind? Updating the iOS version is necessary to be at par with the newest technologies in the market and necessary for the smooth functioning of your device. An upgrade in the iOS version acts as a refresh button for your device. Hence, you must know how to install iOS 16. Before moving on that, let's learn about the new and exciting features that iOS 16 brings
iOS 16 new functions:
- Mail app: Apple improves the mail app, it provides suggestions before you start typing, and allows you to search for your needs more concisely.
- Lock Screen: You can personalize the iPhone lock screen as per your requirements.
- Focus: Allows you to Select the apps and people you want to receive notifications.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library: Allows you to share photos in the iCloud-shared library.
Now that we know what new features you get by downloading the iOS 16. Let us understand how to download iOS 16 to stay up to date with the latest technology in the market.
Part 1: Make Sure Your Devices Support iOS 16
Every time Apple releases a new version of iOS, it is made available only on a few devices whose hardware can run the features of the particular iOS. This is because not all hardware can support the software in the newer iOS versions. Hence, before upgrading your iOS version to iOS 16, it is important to make sure that your device is compatible with the new version of iOS. Fortunately, iOS 16 is compatible with all devices that could run iOS 15 and iOS 14. This also includes the older versions of the iPhone like the iPhone SE and iPhone 8. Given below is the list of devices iOS 16 is compatible with
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
If you possess any of the services mentioned above, you needn't worry about upgrading to iOS 16. You can do it within a few minutes!
Part 2: Preparations for Upgrading to iOS 16
Before upgrading your old iOS version to the iOS 16 version, you need to prepare your iPhone. This is how you can do it!
1. Make sure your iPhone is fully charged
iPhone version upgrades often take a while to upgrade. This is because, when the iPhone upgrades, several new software needs to be downloaded. This is a battery-intensive process and consumes a lot of power. In fact, even before installing a new update, the iPhone needs to have at least 30 percent of battery. However, it is recommended to ensure that your iPhone has at least 50 percent of battery.
2. Keep enough free space
Well, none of the iPhone users would be unknown to the iPhone space problems. When the iPhone version upgrades, several new features need to be downloaded. This obviously needs enough space available on your device. Hence, before upgrading your iOS version to iOS 16, you need to ensure that enough storage is available on your device.
3. Back up your data
Software installations can often have complications and mishaps. Many a time, the pre-existing data on your device may get lost due to uncommon complications. There's always a chance of your device running into Problems. It is always wise to back up your device data before updating your iOS version. This can prevent any potential loss of data and safeguard important files and folders from your device. Here's how you can backup your device data!
Method 1: Use iCloud to back up your data
iCloud is one of the most trusted cloud services to back up data from your iPhone. The medium of storage is apple's in-house facility which provides limited storage space for all apple users. It is highly straightforward to use and also ensures data security. Uploading device data to the cloud and restoring it from the cloud service is pretty easy as well. However, the only drawback of iCloud is that it only offers a limited amount of storage. Upon reaching the limit of the designated storage, a user needs to pay to avail more space.
Method 2: Use computers to back up your data
Using computers is another optimal solution for backing up device data. More importantly, it is also free to use. The use of computers is a traditional method to back up your data and was primitively used before the introduction of iCloud. Using computers is, however more Complicated and process-oriented. To save your data onto the computer, you need to connect your device to a computer via a USB cable. Then you'll be given an option to back up data onto the computer. Select this option, and then your data will be backed up onto your computer within a few minutes. To restore the data, you can reconnect your phone to the computer device and then choose to back it up onto your iPhone.
Method 3: Use Dr.Fone - Phone Backup to back up your data
Dr.Fone - Phone backup is another excellent option to back up your device data. It is not highly sophisticated, and even a neophyte can easily use the software to back up data from their iPhone. Using Dr. Fone to back up and restore data can be done in no time and without spending a penny! The exporting of data from your phone to a computer device becomes very straightforward by using Dr.Fone.
Part 3: How to Download iOS 16?
Before downloading iOS 16, make sure your iPhone is connected to stable Wi-Fi, and then check the following steps:
Step 1. Open Settings, find General, then tap Software Update.
Step 2. When you see the iOS 16 update option available, tap it and then you should see Download and Install, click it.
3. Now, it should ask you to enter your passcode, enter your correct password, and tap Install Now.
Part 4: Regret Upgrading to iOS 16? Here is the Fix!
Many a time, users don't really enjoy the upgraded version of the interface. They prefer switching back to the primitive version of the software. In such cases, the users might struggle with switching back to the older version. Well, Dr.Fone - System Repair has got you covered! Here's how you can repair the system and fix the software version. You can downgrade the iOS if you are regretting it right now by upgrading. Here is how to do it.
Note: Please check on https://ipsw.me/product/iPhone to make sure the compatible firmware is available before downgrading.
Undo an iOS update Without data loss.
Step 1: Launch the Dr.Fone software on your PC. Now, when you enter the first screen, simply click the “System Repair” module and then click "iOS Upgrade/Downgrade".
Step 2: It will give you a choice to either use the "Upgrade iOS" or the "Downgrade iOS". Select "Downgrade iOS". Then, connect your iOS device to the PC. The software then detects your device.
Step 3: By now, you will see a list of iOS firmware versions you can downgrade to. Click on the firmware you want to "Download".
Step 4: After you can select the firmware package you wish to downgrade your device to. Make sure the internet is working properly during the process. The firmware will begin to download.
Step 5: Once the iOS firmware is installed and verified, the following screen will appear. Click on "Repair Now" and the software will now start fixing the problem in your iOS device if there is any. Once this process is done, your iPhone will be repaired.
The Bottom Line
iOS 16 is the newest version of the Apple software and has several more unique upgrades. These new upgrades are, of course, pretty advantageous to the users. However, installing more recent untested software updates also has its risks. For those who enjoy trying out newer software, it's the perfect time to install the iOS 16 version. On a conclusive note, we'd recommend you to try out Wondershare Dr.Fone for your software needs. It has an amazing data backup facility, helps you manage your current iOS version, and helps you repair your software version.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iOS/iPad OS Upgrade & Downgrade
- iOS Beta Install
- 1. Download iOS Beta Profile
- 2. Download the iOS 13 Beta
- 3. iOS 16 Beta Download
- 4. Uninstall iOS Beta
- 5. Install iPhone Beta Profile
- 6. Install Mac Beta Profile
- 7. Install iOS 15 Beta Profile
- 8. Upgrade iPad to iOS 14
- iOS News
- 1. Update iPhone 4s to iOS 9
- 2. Cheaper iPhone
- 3. Customize iPhone Home Screen
- 4. Know About iOS 15 Lock Screen
- 5. Add Lyrics to Song on Apple Music
- iPhone Downgrade
- 1. Downgrade iOS Like a Pro
- 2. Roll Back to an Older iOS Version
- 3. Downgrade to iOS 15
- 4. Install Developer Profile
- 5. Downgrade iOS without iTunes
- 6. Downgrade to iOS 14
- 7. Download and Install the iOS 16
- iOS 11/12 Problems
- 1. Fix iPhone Stuck on Waiting
- 2. Fix iPhone Can't Make Calls
- 3. Fix iPhone Stuck on Logo
- 4. Fix Photos Disappeared from iPhone
- 5. Fix iPhone Keeps Freezing
- iOS 13 Problems
- 1. Fix CarPlay Not Connecting
- 2. Fix Resolve Apps Won't Open
- 3. Fix Song/Playlist Missing
- 4. Fix iPhone Asking for Passcode
- iOS 14 Problems
- 1. Fix Map Voice Navigation Won't Work
- 2. Fix iMessage Not Working
- 3. Recover Deleted Data on iOS 14
- 4. Recover Disappeared Notes on iOS 14
- iOS 15 Problems
- iOS 16 Problems
- 1. Fix iPhone Wi-Fi Not Working
- 2. Fix iOS 16 Battery Drain Issues
- 3. Fix Screen Mirroring Not Working
- 4. Fix Apple CarPlay is Not Supported
- 5. Fix iPhone Screen Not Responding
- 6. Fix iPhone Apps Keep Crashing
- 7. Fix Call Failed iPhone Issue
- 8. Fix iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo
- 9. Counter iPhone Heating Problems
- 10. Fix iPhone Stuck in Boot Loop
- 11. Fix iPhone Bluetooth Not Working
- iPhone Update Tips
- 1. iPhone & iPad Security Updates
- 2. Undo an Update on iPhone
- 3. Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- 4. Fix iPhone Checking for Update Stuck
- 5. Fix iPad Software Update Failed
- 6. Fix iPhone Stuck On Update
- 7. Fix iPhone Won't Update
- 8. Fix Update Server Not Be Contacted
- 9. Fix iPhone Stuck on Update Requested
- 10. Resolve iPhone Cellular
- 11. Resolve iPhone Error 1110
- 12. Fix iPhone Frozen