Can I Downgrade iOS without Computer?
How to downgrade iOS 15 without using a computer?
If you have the same question in mind, this would probably be the last guide you will read. Many users look for ways to downgrade iOS after updating their iPhone to an unstable or wrong version. Since the process can be tedious, most people recommend using a computer to do the same. Nevertheless, there are times when users wish to downgrade iOS 15 without a computer instead. In this guide, we will try to uncover the common doubt – how to downgrade iPhone without a computer in an extensive manner.
Part 1: Is it Possible to Downgrade iOS 15 without a Computer?
Before we discuss how to downgrade iOS 15 without a computer, it is important to understand if it is possible to do such a thing or not. In a nutshell – no, you can’t downgrade iOS 15 without a computer as of now. When we downgrade from a higher iOS version to a lower one, we take the assistance of dedicated desktop applications. For instance, iTunes or Dr.Fone - System Repair are common desktop solutions to do the same.
It is only possible to upgrade an iPhone to a new stable release without using computer (by visiting its Settings > General > Software Update). You can also delete the existing profile of an iOS 15 update from your phone if you want. Though, to downgrade your device, you need to take the assistance of a computer. If you see a solution claiming to downgrade iOS 15 without computer, then you should be alarmed. It can be a gimmick or malware that might cause more harm to your iPhone than good.
Part 2: Preparations for downgrading iOS 15
As you can see, there isn’t a feasible solution to downgrade the iPhone without computer as of now. Therefore, if you wish to downgrade your device from a newer to a previous stable version, then consider following these suggestions.
- Take a backup of your phone.
Since downgrading is a complex process, chances are that you might end up losing your phone’s data. To avoid this unwanted situation, always consider taking a backup of your iPhone first. You can take the assistance of iCloud, iTunes, or a dedicated third-party tool like Dr.Fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to do the same. In this way, you can be sure that your data is safe even if the downgrading process won’t yield the expected results.
- Charge your device
The entire downgrading process might take a while to complete. Therefore, you should make sure that your phone is at least 60-70% charged beforehand. Also, your phone might overheat in the process, and thus, it should not be in direct sunlight or a hot environment.
- Maintain enough free space
Needless to say, if your iPhone’s storage is packed with no free space, then the downgrading process might be halted in between. Go to its Settings > Storage to check the available space on the device. If you want, you can get rid of some videos, photos, or apps to make enough space on your iPhone.
- Disable Find my iPhone
Find my iPhone is a native feature in iOS 15 that helps us locate our device remotely. Though, it can also tamper with the downgrading process at times. Therefore, before you proceed, go to your phone’s Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone and turn it off. You need to enter your iCloud’s password to confirm your choice.
- Use a reliable solution.
Most importantly, make sure that you use a trusted solution to downgrade your iPhone. For instance, you might encounter many gimmicks that claim to downgrade iOS 15 without a computer. Make sure that you only go with a trusted solution that has positive feedback. Although iTunes is Apple’s own product, it is not recommended since it will reset your device during the downgrading process.
Part 3: The Easiest Solution to Downgrade iOS 15
Many people think that iTunes is the preferred solution to downgrade iPhone, which is a common misconception. Not only is it a complicated technique, but it will also reset your device. Yes, all the existing data and saved settings on your phone would be lost during the process. If you don’t want to suffer from this unexpected data loss, then take Dr.Fone's assistance - System Repair. A part of the Dr.Fone toolkit, it provides a simple, secure, and reliable solution to downgrade iOS devices.
As the name suggests, the application can fix a wide range of issues related to iOS devices. This includes common problems like a frozen iPhone, a device stuck in a boot loop, an unresponsive phone, a screen of death, etc. Besides repairing your phone, it will also install the available stable release of iOS on it. In this way, you can automatically downgrade from an unstable version of iOS to a previous official release without any data loss.
The easiest iOS Downgrade solution. No iTunes Needed.
- Firstly, install Dr.Fone - System Repair on your system and launch the toolkit. You need to visit the “System Repair” section and connect your phone to the system from its home.
- Go to the “iOS Repair” section from the left panel and pick a repairing mode. The Standard Mode can easily downgrade your device and will retain all the existing data on it. If your device is undergoing a serious issue, you can pick the Advanced mode instead.
- The application will detect and display the connected device’s model and system version. Just verify it and click on the “Start” button to commence the process. Make sure that you have selected an older system version here so that you can downgrade your phone.
- Please wait for a while, as the tool will look for a stable iOS firmware update for your device and start downloading it. Just make sure that you have a stable internet connection on your system for a speedy process.
- That’s it! Simply click on the “Fix Now” button and install the downloaded update on your phone. After verifying your phone, the interface will let you know by displaying the following prompt.
- In no time, the Beta iOS version installed on your device will be overwritten by a previous stable iOS firmware update. Your iPhone will restart in the normal mode in the end so that you can use it the way you like.
Now when you know if we can downgrade iOS 15 without a computer or not, you can easily do the rightful thing. Stay away from any imposter and make sure you only use a reliable solution to downgrade your iPhone. Dr.Fone - System Repair is a highly recommended tool that leading experts use out of all the solutions out there. You can use it to fix all kinds of other issues with your iPhone as well, and that too while still retaining its data.